Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

What happens when a car hits you and they have no insurance and the car isn't even theirs?
Find answers to your legal question.

What happens when a car hits you and they have no insurance and the car isn't even theirs?

Don't tell me what I should have done? (like call the police?)
Tell me what I can do. The guy could of been stealing the car because his license was expired too. He backed up, hit my car, then went forward, backed up and hit my car AGAIN.

ob1_jabroni
Rating
Well depending on what kind of insurance you have it might cover it, some insurances cover no insured drivers, but ideally if you DID call the cops they would have filled a report that you can give your insirance company. Also is the damage a lot? if not it might not be worth to claim it, because you will end up paying more plus the deductable. I think the best thing is talk to you insurance company, but don't tell them who you are, just try to get the info before you act on it, in case it's not favoring you....

Archer Christifori
Rating
In my book thats vehicular assault, call the police but your insurance company will have to cover you.

In my world you'd the option of also shooting him... not mortally but to stop the assault you have the right to do what you need to do.

Just Me
.Well if you didn't call the Police nothing. Your insurance will want a police report or they will not do anything for you. The same applies if you try and take the offending party to court.But if you go to court,find a lawyer that will take it to court and actually win something. Is not a guarantee that you will ever receive your funds.

K
Rating
Hope you have insurance. Call you agent.

Jennifer T
Rating
Sue him.

Deuce
You have to put a claim through your uninsured motorist portion of liability coverage. In any case, was this reported to the police because this person should be liable through the civil court.

boochickaboowoo
Rating
Do you have insurance? If so, it shouldn't matter if he does or does not, your policy should cover you. Call your insurance agent in the morning. However, if you did manage to get his license plate number, and personal info, I would pursue legal action.

JV
You can try to sue him but most likely they don't have any money so they will go to jail, you can also try to go after there family and sue them. Try to get the best lawyer in town if you are in Texas call this guys 1800-thedogs they will help you.

Buddy
Rating
Depends on what state your in. You might be able to claim it under your own car insurance. Check with a lawyer

Garacaius
Rating
You would go after the insurance of the rightful owner of the car. If that person has no insurance, hopefully you have " uninsured motorists " coverage.

You could sue the actual owner of the car, even if he has no insurance. You can attach to any real estate or real property he has.

xxxribsxxx
Rating
take him to court

moomootruck
Rating
take a hammer to his car and jack it more than ur car so has a even crapper car and dents everywhere. i will bet that it will make u feel alot bettter

AM-NM centaur
That's why I purchased a camera cell phone. So if someone hits my car, I snap their picture.

Pommac
Rating
You go after the car owner. He is responsible for anybody in his automobile.

Storm Warning
Rating
do u have his information or licence plate atleast? name, anything? were u in a parking lot with survailance? if you have anything, go to the police and tell them what happened. either way, your insurance should cover your damage without penalizing you, you will have to pay your deductable more than likely tho. or they can give you advice on what to do.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

I am going to take my written test this week for the third time at the dmv any tips?
I just cant seem to pass. plz help dont want to fail again!...

After arriving in the uk as a student, do I register with the police?

When you get a traffic citiation and you go to court does the cop?
have to have proof that you were speeding ? and if i do fight it will their be an increase of the amount if i loose , should i fight or should i just pay and get a point , i was speeding but the cop ...

Can i claim if it's my fault?
my wife had a car accident where was her fault and no damage to the other driver's car. we haven't exchanged insurance details. I have got advice from yahoo and insurance company to ...

Personalised number plates?
Do people with personalised number plates realise that whilst they are trying to say "look how rich i am ",they are actually saying "look what a pretentious pillock i am "?
A...

Will a car pass an MOT test if the windscreen washers dont work?
wipers work but the water pipes are broken. thank ...

Im a pervisinal driver can i...?
i no i have to have someone in the passenger seat to learn me but can i have my 8 month old nephew in the back of the car with his mum? or is it illegal?
Additional Details
im in the uk ...

Car Insurance Question (sorry I know nothing about cars...)?
Sorry, Im new to all this so excuse the stupid question but Im starting driving lessons soon and am looking to get a car in the new year. Im just wondering HOW OFTEN do you make car insurance ...

How do you get 'NO CLAIMS DISCOUNT' on car insurance?
Should my insurer isuue me with this if i have not claimed or do i have to buy some form of certificate?...

Is car vandalism covered by car insurance?

Buying an used car, can I drive it off without insurance?
I mean I want to finance a used car tomorrow, but I dont have insurance. would I be able to drive it off?...

Driving without car tax??
Hello!
I've just bought a new car (well, second hand new car) and have (today) switched the logbook and insurance over,so thats all covered.

However, I've just come to get ...

Can you sell a car without a title?

How do I collect insurance for an auto accident that happened in 1965?
Family were passengers in an car involved in an accident in 1965,and did'nt receive insurance for injuries....

Why is car insurance for girls cheaper than for guys??
funny.. Each time i notice a careless/reckless driver, its a female....

Help to get my drivers license?
i am over 16
Additional Details
Any hints for ...

I have just had an accident in my car?
I was coming out from a road onto a main road i wanted to turn right so pulled accross the road into the space in between the roads as I did I was hit from the right. I immediatly apologised and was ...

Cheapest Car to insure for a 17 yr old new driver?
What is the cheapest small car to insure for a 17 year old who's just passed their test? I believe the model can affect the price too eg - SX, GL?...

Can a minor buy a car and put it in their name? Can they have their own insurance policy?

My neighbour has just reversed into the side of my car.?
She has admitted she did it and all is amicable at moment. Do I need to inform my insurance company or do I just claim through hers? Not sure what the next step is....

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links