Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

What is the penalty for driving without insurance and expired tag?
Find answers to your legal question.

What is the penalty for driving without insurance and expired tag?

in collier county

mistress_coleen_01
What if I fail to keep insurance on my vehicle that I have registered in Florida?

The Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles is authorized to suspend your driving privilege, including your vehicle tag and registration, for up to three years or until proof of Florida insurance is provided, whichever is first.

If my driving privilege is suspended because I am not properly insured, is there a penalty to reinstate my license?

Yes. A reinstatement fee of $150 up to $500, for subsequent violations, must be paid and you must provide proof of current Florida insurance.

eric
You'll get tickets and have to pay a fine. In some places, you'll have to do jail time for driving without insurance.

Ashley G
yea

jimanddottaylor
Rating
Do not know about Collier County, but here it is a minimum $2500 fine for no insurance and/or jail time. The expired tag is about $100 There is also the cost of towing and impounding your car.

brian d
In Illinois it's 75 per infraction

Howard L
Collier Co, Florida? Up to a $500 fine plus up to 3 years loss of license. First offense usually about $100 if you have insurance at your court appearance. It's up to the judge.

doctorgrarg
Rating
In my country, your horse gets taken away for a week. In more severe cases, decapitation is a side effect. And possibly, getting fingers chopped off by double-edged axe.

Katydid
you could be arrested; but usually they just give tickets.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Will Cobb County accept an online defensive driving certificate? I have to take it to reduce my points.?
I dont have the spare time between work and school to go to a brick & mortar one. Was wondering if the court will accept a certificate from a defensive driving website. Also does anyone have ...

Car insurance with a juniors liscense?
i have my permit now and should be getting my juniors license in about a month and a half and my regular license in about 6 months. I already have my own car. Do car insurance companies allow drivers ...

How do i declare my car scrapped?
i had a car crash new years eve and have now recieved letters to renew my tax the car is a right off so insurance has got it how do i declare this
Additional Details
i do not have all ...

How do car insurance companies determine fault when both drivers are giving conflicting stories?
Let me give you a hypothetical example. Suppose Car A is in one lane and Car B is in the next lane. Car A cuts off Car B and Car B is unable to slow down/stop in time and rear ends Car A. When the ...

How do I get rid of this Lien on my car?
I just recently moved to Rhode Island for a few months for school. I have sold my car which is registered in New York to someone here in rhode island. When he went to the DMV to register it they said ...

Difference Between Comprehensive and TP FT Motor Insurance?

Additional Details
Sound ...

Really confused about drivers Ed?
So I'll be taking Drivers Ed in school in about a month or so. But I'm really confused about the whole permit thing...am I supposed to get a permit before entering the class, and does that ...

Irish Drivers, I failed my test, dont know what to do now..?
I recently done my full test and was very disappointed when I failed, I want to do it again as soon as possible and don't know what to do next. Do I have to re-apply and wait another 6-8 weeks ...

Insurance For a Car.?
Would there be much difference in the price of insurance between a 1.9 TDI Diesel and 1.4L petrol volkswagen Golf, for a 17 year old irish provisional licence driver in ireland.?...

How do I fill out a release of liability at the dmv if I no longer have the info I need?
I sold a classic car to some guy almost a year ago and mailed in the release of liability to the dmv in california. Now I'm getting a renew your registration form from the dmv and found out the ...

Financial Responsibility for Driving Test?
What exactly do I have to do? Do I only need to get insurance for my car and nothing else? This is a requirement for my driving test and I have to take it this tuesday, I need to make sure I got ...

How do i get a lein released on a vehicle?

What for do i need to fill out?
at the post office if i have lost my car tax renewal ...

Who is at fault in this car accident?
I live in Sydney, Australia. I had a car accident at night. The traffic lights at the intersection were completely off at that time. I was told there was an electric fail in the area. A taxi hit me ...

What does getting pts on license mean for my insurance?
I got pulled over for speeding. However, the cop bumped down my ticket to disobeying traffic control device. I'm getting 2 points on my license. I'm 22 yrs. old and under my dad's ...

Do we need a lawyer 17 year old son had car accident 4 passe. injured no citation yet?

I hit a car after it lost control on an icy road. The driver is not the owner. Am I still at fault here?
The car in front of me started fishtailing and eventually spun out on an icy road, coming to a stop. I couldn't stop my car in time (due to the ice) and collided with him. Turns out the driver ...

Car accident whos fault??!?! NEED HELP?
okay so basically i was pulling out of my schools dirt parking lot which is directly next to the side of the road. and basically i pulled out into my lane and 2 seconds later a car crashed into some ...

Do I still have to pay my car note if the title was transferred into my name by the lender?
My title on my car lists me as the owner with no leinholder listed and the lender still has loan papers. Do I legally have to continue paying the note?...

Is your insurance higher if you get your first license and car at age 22?
Or will it be cheaper since you don't have any accidents or anything on your record?...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, October 30, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links