Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

What to do when you get caught driving without a license? Above 18 years old. help!?
Find answers to your legal question.

What to do when you get caught driving without a license? Above 18 years old. help!?

I got this ticket in so cal...

Hey, so here's my story. I took my father's car without him knowing to pick up a friend who was stranded somewhere and had no where to go. When I dropped him off, I drove for about .05 miles before a police car pulled me over for not having my headlights on [i didn't notice/didn't ever drive my dad's car before/it was very bright even though it was night time]. He found out I only had a permit and gave me a ticket for driving without a license and driving without headlights. My questions are:

What can I do to avoid the huge fine for driving without a license?

Will any of this show up on my insurance? Can I waive it through traffic school or something?

Will the DMV know that I got the ticket?

Will I still be able to take the test?

I know that I did something EXTREMELY stupid, but I need to get out of this without letting my parents know...or I will be dead completely.

Thanks in advance!

spidy52761
You are not going to find a straight and satisfactory answer to your problem here, and you are not because law is different in every state in the US territory. Whereas in Florida the problem might be a big deal in Iowa could be a small thing. I am not here to sermon you because you sound already grieved about your problem but you have to give more data in your question like what state and county you live or the incident took place. Remember, judges are humans and many times if they are in the mood you would walk away with a slap in your wrist or viceversa. Go and ask to real experts in these cases so you won't be called "stupid" or so in this blog.

Scion Blue
First of all your parents will find out about it sooner or later. The bill for the ticket or court date will show up at the door one day and you're toast! Sorry.

"What is the fine for driving without a license?
Answer:
It varies from state to state. Here in Florida, not having your license is a $74.50 ticket. Driving without ever having obtained a valid license is a mandatory court appearance. " - http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_fine_for_driving_without_a_license

11:281a Driver's License Required
(If proof of correction of infraction is presented on or before the court date, the total due is $97. and a court appearance is not required.)
Court Appearance Required - http://brgov.com/dept/CityCourt/trafficfines.htm

I do not think it will effect your taking the test and getting a license. And your parents are not going to kill you. You just going to get a nasty talk from your father.

In the future, ALWAYS drive with your lights on, Day, Night, Rain or whatever, just turn them on and forget about it. Just don't forget to turn them off when you get out of the car.

Do take your documents with you at all times. Your driver's license or permit, any other picture ID would help.

Once you get your insurance cards, have that with you too. Plus give a copy to your parents, my insurance company sends me two cards, so I give one to my parents in case they need to use my car.

Talk to your parents, before they find out. It is better that way.

Good luck.

Michael E
Rating
Show up at court. Be on time.

Yes, your insurance company will know.
Traffic school is good, if the judge doesn't offer it, ask for it.
Yes, DMV will know about the ticket.

Show up at the time and place indicated on the ticket. Failure to appear is a dumb thing to do. It pisses off the judge.

Your parents will find out. Tell them about the ticket before DMV mails the car owner a copy of the ticket.

Liberty
Rating
Your parents are going to find out. They will. So give up that dream and just be up front with them. Sorry that you got yourself into such a pickle. Really, the only thing you can do is tell your parents and have them help you deal with it. As an adult, you should know better then to mess with their insurance and records on their car. What if for some reason your actions put a "spot" on the car and your Mom ends up in jail for what you did? Tell them and deal with the consequences.

nosdda
Rating
There is no way you can avoid this matter. You will be given a fine and a possible disqualification.

J.S
Rating
get a liscnese!

Ryan M
Since your still a Juvenile, you should have to pay a fine for driving w/o a license.

There is no getting out without letting your parents know. your father will be required at court since ou stole his damn car. wtf were you on crack?

Yes it will show up on your insurance and you will get F'ed in th ***.

The DMV knows all.

Definately let your parents know. unless you want to die.

And depending on how pissed off your dad he could get you with GTA (Grand Theft Auto) which is a felony.

SweetCyn
Theres no way out1 You have to confess, should have never done it........

Turbulent Evil-Yup, it's me!
Rating
You drove your father's car without his permission? What the **** were you doing taking his car? You are so screwed! What were you thinking? And how could you forget to turn your lights on? The part that really kills me is that you say you did it to help a friend. I mean, if you're going to risk getting in deep **** like that, at least do it because you want to test the acceleration or something. What kind of car does your father have anyway? A Mercedes? You probably wanted to roll it in front of the Olive Garden to lure some chicks, not that bs you claim about trying to help a friend out.
I don't know, just ride your scooter next time ok?

Michael S
Face it, you are in the s*it!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Who is at fault???
I was driving at a junction , very slowly, max 15 mph, and the car in front breaked suddenly as we were turning right. I bumped into the back of her car, she had a tow bar on , so I got the most ...

Car Insurance for someone who has made a claim and has 3 points on thier licence?
I am looking for car insurance for my mum - she is 49 years old. She has 3 points on her licence (from going through an amber/red light 2 years ago and she recently made a claim after scraping the ...

Can i sue the guy that is at fault for hitting me in a car accident if he doesnt have insurance?
I was involved in a car accident and the person who hit me was determined at fault. After he hit me, he fled the scene to hide his car because he had drugs in his car. He begged me not to call the ...

After a car is declared a total loss by insurance,what happens to the vehicle?
can i get the check and the ...

How do i obtain a car title that is missing and the person that gave it to me passed away?
my aunt gave me a saturn..and im trying to get it switched over to my name but i cant with out the car title..my aunt passed away from cancer recently..we looked everywhere for the title..i cant find ...

Someone hit my car over a week ago now, said they'd pay in full, but now "paying 1/2." what should I do?
I was parked on their road and their 16 year old daughter backed into my car. They left a note saying to come talk to them, and I did. I went to their house with the phone in my hands to call the ...

If I barely scuffed a bumper while backing out, and there were no witnesses or police report?
There were no recorded witnesses, no police report, but he did get my insurance information. Is it true that he doesn't have enough to make me or my insurance pay unless I admit my fault? Also,...

What company do you use for auto insurance?
What kind of coverage do you have and is it cheap? I have Statefarm and I think they are ripping me off. On every one of my statements they list "policy changes" and charge around five ...

Do you have to have a insurence under YOUR name to drive your parents car once or twice a week?

What is the best car insurance for a teen driver?
I need to find insurance for myself, and wanted to know what other people use or think is the best place to get it from. I need to pay for it by myself with out help form my parents too so it can'...

My girlfriends just passed her test and phoned Admiral insurance to inform them and they wanted £60 off her?!?
Do all insurance companies do this???

We havent changed her mileage for the year but they said its going up because she will be driving more on her own???

Can we do anything if ...

Overtake on the left?
I was on a single carriage road and overtook on the left. Car coming from opposite and turning right was flashed in and I hit it. Their insurance say road was too narrow to overtake on left. I say ...

What happens if i reverse and accidentally "kiss" the bumper of another car?
i was pulling out of a parking lot this afternoon and the back of my car accidentally kiss an indian's car, causing a dent the size of a 50cent coin and a few scratches on the bumper.

How long does it take for a speeding ticket to come off your insurance?
My husband got a speeding ticket 7/26/2004. We have State Farm Insurance and live in the state of Ohio. I know it varies from state to state and by offense. I'm interested in a speeding ...

I lost my wallet?
don't worry no money in ...

I got my permit to drive and do my parents have to get insurance 4 me 2 drive?

A question about car insurance?
whats your opinion, why car insurance is so high?. do you think the accidents on the road and up goes your insurance are young drivers, drunk drivers, junk cars on the road, or do you think its ...

I am looking for reasonable priced driving lessons is it true its more expensive to learn in an automatic?
anyone got a rough idea how much per lesson i should be paying i live in the merseyside ...

Is geico auto insurance any good?

Car Insurance For 17 Year Old?
Im 17 and i wonder who will give me the best car insurance. I have tried comparison websites but most will not give the quote....

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links