Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

Where should you keep the title of your car?
Find answers to your legal question.

Where should you keep the title of your car?

in the car or at home?

itybtytityluvr
Rating
NEVER keep your title in the car, someone could steal the car and the title, have it falsified and keep your car free and clear.
I always keep all my titles in a safe in the house or safe deposit box.

Hans
Bank Lockbox

george 2
home in a fire proof box and in a safe location.

C Bruno
In a safe place not in the car.

Jeff
Rating
safest place is a safety deposit box at the bank. but if you want to have access to it more easliy then get a file cabinet or file box and keep it filed at home...

eight ball
Rating
I have two titles to my truck, one is left home in a lock box and the other is concealed in the cab where it would probably never be found unless the truck was dismantled , however if the cops stop me and want to see it I can easily produce it!

Skag Baron
keep the actual title in your house in the event someone steals your car. keep your pink slip and registration in the glovebox in case a cop ever asks to see it.

curiousgeorgia
In your glovebox.

missapplescruff
Keep the title to your car in a safety deposit box at your bank or filed with your important documents at home. You should never keep the title in the glovebox of your vehicle. In the event of being pulled over, the police will not ask to see the title, they will look at your driver's license and registration.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

When you get a permit for driving, what do you need to present that shows you passed the vision screening?
What else would I need to bring?
Additional Details
Or is it that I take the vision screening there?...

In the UK, do i need to do the Theory Test BEFORE getting a Provisional Driver's licence?
I think i may have made a mistake...
Here is my situation.. i've filled out a form for a provisional driver's licence, sent it off, and they say within 15 working days my provisional ...

Auto accident didn't get a ticket?
I had an auto accident passing through a stop sign some one hit me on my driver's side of tthe car, so who is at fault here, even if I did pass through the stop sign or only checked quickly.....

what is the best car insurance that is cheap-ish?
My husband and I are out of work and really struggling financially.
So much so that we don't have car insurance.
I know we really need it (especially because we want to take a trip ...

My car is paid for. I cannot find the title. How do I go about getting another title document?

i just got my 125 motorbike stolen?
i had it locked up and everything, it was chained to a railing outside my house with a disc lock and steering lock on it, they broke through the chain and i assume put it in a van. i have called the ...

My Licence has provisional entitlement for CAT CE. Can I sit that test without having sat CAT C?
I got my provisional licence in 1992 when you could sit class 1 HGV straight away and I recently had my licence renewed to the new photo licence expecting it to come back with just CAT C entitlement ...

Ride new motorcycle to DMV to get title transferred & get learner's permit?
Now here's a catch-22. I just picked up a sweet new motorcycle - I at least consider it "sweet" since it's my first. And since I need a motorcycle to get my motorcycle license, I ...

Which tailgating sticker do you like the most?
I'm sick of tailgaters. I know a sticker won't do much, but hey at least I can give them a piece of my mind, right?

Here they are:
1. http://www.zazzle.com/no...

new licence and mini?
ive got new d.livence and was thinking about getting a mini cooper.. would insurance be expensive?...

Will it matter that I sent off the V5 registration document for my new moped a month late?
There was a bit of confusion, as though the tear-off slip at the bottom of the V5 registration document was filled-in and sent off when I bought the thing about a month back, I didn't notice ...

What is a cheap car insurance company in Texas?
I'm looking to find a cheap insurance company to insure my car. I was paying 116 a month for it at the general and I was wondering if anyone knew of a cheaper place....

Steps to get a driving licence?
im going to be 17 soon.
what steps do i have to take in order to get a ...

UK driving license. Does it need to be renew like for annually or valid till death?
i want to make license here. i was understood that the insurance will be much more cheap if i turn my international license to uk full. so, in my country the license must be renew 5years once at ...

Cheap moped insurance?
Bought myself a speedfight 2, 50cc, 1999 reg. Could anyone tell me good, cheap moped insurance companies which don't charge stupid amounts?...

What things are needed when you go and take a drivers permit test.?
I've gotten an identification card from the DMV so I'm familiar with the format of the sheet you have to put your information on. Judging from the similarities in a drivers license and an ...

do you have to be driving your car to pas a driver's license test?
me and my girlfriend both have license tests coming up (California), and her mom won't let her use her car. we're both 18, can shee use my dad's car since he's insured?...

What is the cheapest/best car insurance and car for a newly licensed driver in MA?
What would be the best and cheapest type of car and car insurance to get for someone who just received their license?
Additional Details
Would it be cheaper to add onto my mothers plan, ...

If I have to buy my first car, uninsured, from a dealership far away, how do I drive it home!?!?
I'm looking to buy my first car. The only cars I can afford are at least 100 miles away from where I live. How do I insure the car to bring it home? How can I insure a car I don't yet own? D...

If I've tried suicide, can I get my drivers license?
Or will car insurance not allow me. Sorry if its a stupid question!...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, October 25, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links