Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

Will my traffic ticket show up on my insurance...or how does this work?
Find answers to your legal question.

Will my traffic ticket show up on my insurance...or how does this work?

So last night I pulled an illegal U-turn in Hudson WI...
The cop said the ticket bottomed out at $83.80 which is what it is written for. It also was going to take 3 points off my license but only in WI and Im from MN...
He only wanted my license and dint ask for my insurance info... If I just pay the 84 bucks whats going to happen as far as insurance?
Thanks for the help

panda u
Rating
You can compare how the insurance quotes would change, for example here - car-insurance.66ghz.com

vicki g
Rating
Both insurance companies and DMV have access to your police record, whether you tell them up front or not.

oklatom
Rating
If you are convicted of the offense, which you will be unless you appear and get lucky, just paying the fine is the same as entering a guilty plea, you will get the points and it will show on your driving record. When your insurance renews your record at renewal time, they will see the ticket and the points, and will evaluate your current risk factor. If they find this adds to your risk, your premium may increase. One ticket on an otherwise spotless record might not cause a rise in rate.

If you appear, the judge may allow you to attend traffic school to keep the conviction and points off your record, but it will wind up costing you more than potentially what the increase in rate would be. Judgment call on your part I guess.

Nigel M
they will know.

car253
Go to traffic school to keep the ticket off your DMV record. Ask the judge for traffic school.

Betta breeder
Depends on the insurer. Some give you some grace and allow one ticket, others don't. I suggest you do some insurance shopping.

Cheers

TIMOTHY L
Rating
Perhaps You may google it first ,however, if you like some direct resource ,here http://www.InsuranceFreeTip.info/insurance-for-free.htm might be your choosing.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

If anything were to happen would my insurance cover me please help!?
ok my 15 year old son has been driving for a while now with his learners permit. never had any problems with it.... im not gonna be able to take him somewhere today but one of MY freinds is 21 so ...

Cheapest auto insurance for me?
im 17 and just got a 1997 chevy blazer 4x4
once i get my insurance figured out, i am going to driving school.
i was wondering what is the cheapest auto insurance company....i know that ...

I just got a citation for going through a stop sign in PA...does anyone know if my insurance will increase?
Also, I'm going to plead not guilty....is there anything I could say to possibly get out of this? I told the cop I didn't see the sign, but he knew I lived in the area and that I should ...

How does a conviction for speeding 10 mph effect your car insurance costs?

I was involved in a hit and run incident. I was in such shock I did not get the license no. What should I do?
It happened 4 days ago, the realization has just sunk in. My car was borrowed and was insured. The damage is not bad at all - one of the reason I thought I would just let it go. But after discussion ...

In california do you have to take the written test to get you license?
I already have my permit and am going to be getting my license. My behind the wheel teat is on the 29th. Do i have to take another written test, or just behind the wheel. Also, im taking it it ...

Who rents cars to parents and lists a seventeen year old as a driver?

Permit to drivers license?
i live in colorado i got my permit when i was 17 and 7 months my they said i had to wait until im 18 to get drivers license is there any way i can speed this process up. any pograms? Anything like ...

SR-22 insurance and no license?
My boyfriend is required to get a SR-22 before he can get his license. I dont understand this though, because I thought you had to have a license before you could get insurance. He has never had a ...

I'm a Quebec resident (canada) with a right hand drive import. Who can I get insurance from?

I just hit the curb and damaged my car by accident?
The repairs will cost me exactly 4500-5000.

Does anyone know if car insurance usually covers these kinds of accidents? I have full coverage.

Thanks for the help guys :(...

Are 2 insurance points and a low fine or higher fines but 0 points the better option in New Jersey?
I'm trying to figure out which would be more costly in New Jersey... taking 2 insurance points and a small fine of $85 or getting a plea bargain of 0 points and a much bigger fine around $200-$40...

Car Co Buyer - Insurance Liability?
All. I stupidly co signed for a loan with my ex GF. I am a "co buyer" of the car. So far she has made payments to car company which I am not really worried about as I check once a month and ...

Who's at fault in accident?
Was in left turning lane with green arrow while i was turning car from opposite direction hit my right side causing major damage. Once again I had the arrow that turnes yellow while I was already in ...

Renting a Car in Los Angeles???
I'm 21 years old and I have full Irish driving licence. I am looking to rent a car in California for the Summer. I have found a great deal with Black and White car company who don't charge ...

Hit and run car accident question?
I was at a social event last Saturday, and I was one of the first to leave. When I was walking outside I saw a vehicle leaving before me, it was a truck. I didn't think anything of it, so I got ...

I have lost my Driving Provisional?
I have lost my UK Driving Provisional.How much will it cost to get a new one because i have my driving test soon....

What kind of license plate do I need if I have a fleet vehicle? Work for a private company in TN.?
This is a fleet vehicle, registered and insured by the company. Not a government car. No deliveries made. It's just a car provided by the company for me to visit clients. What kind of plate ...

How should i convince my dad to let me get my driving permit?! I'm ready!!?
I'm 16, about to turn 17 in august. And my dad keeps saying i'm not "responsible." All my other friends already have their permits or is taking their permit test soon. Everyday, i ...

Getting a title for a car in Texas?
I have a '56 Beetle that I bought about a year ago with no title, just a bill of sale. The last owner died nearly 40 years so there was no title. I currently live in Illinois but was a past T...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, November 28, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links