Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Insurance & Registration

can my husband switch a car title from mine name to his without my signature?
Find answers to your legal question.

can my husband switch a car title from mine name to his without my signature?

my husband and I separated and I won't give him the truck, but he says that the law says after thirty days I don't have to sign it and he can put it in his name without my signature.

Stephen K
Look at the title, is it in your name with no signatures? If so, he has no rights to it whatsoever (unless dictated by a divorce court). If he forges your signature, that is illegal and you can have him arrested.

Iargainn
Rating
He's wrong or just outright lying.

David W.
Rating
How is the truck titled now? If it says "you and him", then no, he can't; it would take both signatures to sign it over. If it's "you and/or him", he probably can. I doubt that there's any law that would let him do what he says he can.

Entidtil
It depends on the wording. If the title reads John AND Jill then both must sign the title. If it reads John OR Jill, than either can sign for a transfer/sale

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

car insurance.......?
I'm 25 years old and a first time driver and I am currently looking at car insurance and have some questions:

SKODA FABIA 1 (60) 1198cc

What does the (60) mean, is that the ...

when leasing a new car, do you have to have a certain amount of coverage on your auto insurance?
or can you have state ...

Rules of insurance payments and lawsuit damages.?
I was in a car wreck. If my insurance pays a claim and then a lawsuit grants damages, do I have to reimburse the insurance company in Va?....

can my parents stop me from doing driving lessons?
I will be 17 and would like to start driving lesson, I'll pay for them but they dont want me to start I dont really understand why so far the reasons why they dont want me to start are;

In the state of florida, if i am 16 and i already had my PERMIT for a full year, do i have to ................?
take ANOTHER 4 hour drug and alcohol course to get my LICENSE?...

my friend is coming to UK for 2months from switzerland can she hire and drive a car here on her licence?
she has a full licence and is 22...

Who's car does this belong to?
Okay I am 18 years old who just recently bought a car off of ebay. My father's name and my name are on the car title. My name is in the loan and My dad is the cosigner on the loan. My first ...

Driver's Ed - School?
Are you required to take Driver's Ed. at your school(high school)? Can it just be taken at a licensed driving facility?
I'm only asking because I take high school classes/courses ...

Where should you keep the title of your car?
in the car or at home?...

im 19 can i drive a rented car in uk?
if my dad rents it can i drive the car.it will be like a vauxhall astra or similar hatchback
Additional Details
thanks maria n ben..haha 15 thats like in middle east not ...

Will I be in a trouble? Car Title?
Sorry for my language. English is not my native tongue.......
This is my story. I live in Hawaii and recently bought a used car.
The previous owner was very nice and it was a good deal. so ...

will my car be written off?
the car is a rover 45 w reg (2000) it was hit the other day and the drivers door was damaged and as a result it can't be opened from the outside i have to get in the passenger side,there is ...

if i dont have proof of my insurance can i drive or no ? in ohio?
i just got my license yesterday i got insurance yesterday but i dont have proof of it now so can i still drive?...

What happens if I am sued for an injury claim from a car accident?
Sorry, I don't know what happens in these legal matters, it's all new to me. I'm not sure how to phrase this so please bare with me. So months ago I got into a minor car accident. W...

HELP!! had an accident i have 3rd party and his fully insured ...?
had an acco yesterday basically got side sideswiped by the other driver, i was going north bound (straight) while he was turning (east bound) right he changed his mind and merged without looking , ...

Can I carry car insurance for a car that's not in my name?
Our car just broke down and we can't afford a new one. My father-in-law wants to finance a new car in his name but let us drive it. Is it possible for my husband and I to carry car insurance on ...

what do i need to do to get the rv title in my hands HELP?
Ok I bought a rv from my step dads friend (the title was not in his name) he bought it from his dads and the title was not in his name either(this I did not find out till I bought it) it was in his ...

Do you have to schedule a vision screening when you go get your permit?
Or do you take the screening at the mvc when you get there?...

If I drop my insurance what would I have to do to get my drivers license reinstated?
I live in Ohio and I have had a dui a couple years ago. My car is about done for and when she croaks I was thinking about dropping my insurance. Was wondering if I did, what would I need to do to get ...

When you get a permit for driving, what do you need to present that shows you passed the vision screening?
What else would I need to bring?
Additional Details
Or is it that I take the vision screening there?...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, October 30, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links