Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

Accusatorial and inquisitorial systems of criminal justice have different aims. continued below?
Find answers to your legal question.

Accusatorial and inquisitorial systems of criminal justice have different aims. continued below?

As a consequence of this they have different procedures.”

Discuss

can someone please help me, only if they know the law concerning this area.

i desperately need help

thank you

or even direct me on what to say or what to use, and how to do research

ahsoasho2u2
Rating
See Miranda.
In the preceeding case of rights, ESCOBEDO VS ILLINOIS, 378 US 478 (1964)
Held that DEFENDANTS RIGHT TO COUNSEL, attaches " when the interrogation reaches the accusatory stage"

J-D
just google or yahoo it, that's where i got my answers for this.

helperouter213
Rating
in the accusatorial system the judge acts as an impartial umpire; prosecution and defence each put their case; and the jury decides.

In the inquisitorial system the inquiry into the facts is conducted by the judge, who also examines the evidence and interrogates witnesses.

A disadvantage of the accusatorial system is that juries have to decide on the basis of the evidence put in court, which may be limited by rules of evidence. The same evidence would not be hidden under the inquisitorial system, where all evidence must be put forward. But the inquisitorial system does not allow for cross-examination of witnesses, and gives the examining magistrate potentially-oppressive powers. Pleas of guilty are also not allowed.

Go to the sight listed under sources.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Shoplifting..what cud be the consequence..?
frens

my neighbour has been caught while he took $ 75 cost merchandise from kohl's ...what cud b the consequences..??
plz help....
thanks
Additional Details
n ...

There is a hobo that keeps breaking into my house when I'm gone. What should I do with this annoying hobo?

Would This Be Classed As A Young Offender ?
Back in 1980 when my husband was 19, young and very silly :/ Him and his "friends" stole a car. He was sentenced to spend 3 months in a Young Offenders institute. He can not remember if he ...

Is a 17 year old a missing person or a runaway when they leave home?
If a 17 year old leaves home, will they be considered a missing person or a runaway?...

CAN I BECOME A POLICE OFFICER IF I HAVE BEEN ARESTED FOR GUNS BUT NEVER CHARGE?

How can I become a bounty hunter in California?
What courses do I need to take?In college?
How old do I have to be?...

I got a fix-it ticket, got it signed off, but failed to show?
I got a fix-it ticket, got it signed off, but failed to show? My fix-it ticket was a burned out taillight and I got it fixed and signed off by a police officer before the court due date. But now, I ...

Please tell me what crimes I've done?
I was attempting to buy ecstacy (Paid the person never got it)
I was said to have a knife but never got caught with posession.
I was caught under the influence of marijuana.
I was an ...

What should I major in [in college] if i want to be a detective?
i'm thinking of becoming a P.I. or some kind of detective, and i did some research on the educational requirements. it seems that a college degree is required, but there aren't ...

How do I get someone who I know is a thief arrested?
Ok people this might sound harsh but I have a sister who probaly is the biggest b***** in the world who will stop at nothin to make my life HELL! Well now I just want to give her a taste of her own ...

What constitute a expired meter and be legally ticketed in Chicago?
I was eating out one day in Chicago and parked on the street. I bought a meter ticket thing from the machine on the street and displayed it properly by my windshield. The meter ticket was timed to ...

Is shoplifting bad? since our economy is really bad!!?
is it for good or bad people only?...

IM 15 GOT CAUGHT BREAKING IN VEHICLES WHAT WILL HAPPEN?
IM 15 AND GOT CAUGHT BREAKING IN VEHICLES WITH THREE OTHER PEOPLE BUT ONE PERSON WAS 17 BUT I WAS JUST THERE WITH THE BOYS AND WE WENT TO DETENTION FOR A MONTH BUT NOW WE ON HOUSE ARREST NOW WHAT YOU ...

HELP..PLEASE!?!?!?! ANYONE?
Are there any jobs where you have a firearm and you don't have to go to boot camp?...

How soon can a AMBER ALERT go out after a child has been missing or been reported as a runaway?
My sister was seen by school officials walking off of school property at 9am. NO ONE MADE ANY ATTEMPT TO STOP HER. She is with someone else that also attends that school (another female) but she is 18...

Need advice from ex/serving police regarding application :)?
Im just about to apply to the police and was hopeing there was some people who have served... or are in the police who can tell me the "dos" and "dont's" on my application ...

How can this be legal? (about Identity theft)?
Ok so someone stole my identity almost 2 years ago. I put a fraud alert on my credit which requires that I get a phone call to authorize any credit inquiries and have not had any issues since ...

Shoplifting Misdemeanor Question?
I got caught shoplifting and while getting my information, they asked for my work phone number. Will they/can they call my employer and tell them about my misdemeanor?...

Buying a stolen gun from someone?
one of my friends bought a stolen hand gun from some guy, i was wondering how much trouble he were to get in if he were to be walking around at night at get pulled over and the cops figure out the ...

How much is a gridlock ticket in CA?
I just got this ticket today and im just wondering how much money should I expect to pay. I got the ticket in Santa Monica, Ca

Also, will it affect my insurance in a way?...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, August 30, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links