Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

Are women better at shooting a firearm or men?
Find answers to your legal question.

Are women better at shooting a firearm or men?

I kow the answer. I want to know what you think. I.E. I am a firearm safty instructor.

lmn78744
Rating
Ok, generally speaking...
Women tend to have slightly better hand-eye coordination and faster reflexes (why they make better jet-fighter pilots,too). However, firing a gun well takes hand and forearm strength to control the weapon, which men tend to do better with. Of course there's also the psychological factors. Women tend to be more fearful of guns, however more receptive to training and instruction.
So, for my experience; Light weight/low power guns, a woman might do better. Heavier or more powerful, a man might do better. Overall it balances out I find.

gladshe8or
Rating
Women are better at shooting men

rradboys
Rating
only if it's at a man

JAMES
Rating
I see one man and one woman are best.
men are better, but they have a bigger deviation

JOHN
Men by far.

Mandy
I think shooting is genderless. My husband taught me how to shoot.

ruth
Rating
I think if a woman had the same level of training and experience, she would be the better shot. Women have better "eye-hand" coordination.

I have been shooting pool since childhood, and I can kick some butt against men or women.

Don't tell the guys, it hurts their egos, and I see no reason for that...

Barry DaLive
Rating
I don't think it makes any difference. Ive been on the range with women who could not hit the broad side of a barn and some that shoot like a champ and the same for men. I think it's all about how well trained you are and how much confidence you have in yourself.

brewbum80
Rating
The best shooter I know is a man.

Mr Ed
Rating
Some are, most are not.

Kimberly
Rating
U say u know the answer but ur asking the question hmmmmm. But anyway I say me being a woman u teach us to do something and we'll run with it. Us as woman take more pride and care into the most lil details of our job. Weather it be shooting people r putting out fires hehehe. So us women can do just as good as u men if not better...

kay w
Rating
Sure they were on 'charlies angels'. out of that NO.

rmagedon
Rating
I do not believe you can pick one over another. Lets start with an example for my point, you have a liberal who has lived in the city all of his life and the closest he has ever come to a weapon was his great grandads shotgun hanging on the wall 30 years ago, and then you have the young lady who grew up in the country out west and has shot several types of firearms continuously her entire life. Which one would be better at the range, in combat?

The argument can easily be flipped. Since more men shoot than women I do not believe you can make an accurate comparison.

Also, there is the left eye, right eye dominance issue, most women seem to be left eye dominant and this would actually make the determination of "best" even more complex. Did you think of that one?

Catspaw
Women are generally better shots.

carpetbagger
Men.

Oldragon
Rating
In my experience it's the shooter, not the gender.

andy
It depends on what you mean. Historically, women are more accurate than men, but men are better with moving targets. I met a lady that was prior Army who could easily out shoot most of the men in her commands. From what I understand, it has to do with their bodies.

locofreads
Yes. They are better standing calm at the range. However (and only from my experience and little knowledge) it is instinctive for men to agressively attack someone. It is not genetically encoded to women to want to physically hurt someone. It is instinctive for women to survive though. My assumption is they are a little better at the range, but not as accurate during the real thing.

Isis
Rating
My guess, they are actually a little better at it statistically.

smack
Rating
from a sit-at -the-bench point of view i can see why you would want to have a bunch of women that will listen and follow ur every word you little freak you ... but in real life most women dont have the strength to hold a steady aim and the nerve to hold up in a combat situation ... some do .. but not many.

Whitlew
Rating
I think that you cannot say if one is better, because it depends on how much you practice, and there might be a girl who Had problems with guns, so then she is worries, but then there could be the same thing with a guy, it really depends on the situation and maybe practice. And i think girls might have a problem with killing stuff.

i think that guys might have more of an advantage,

I dont think the gun is to heavy for girls at all, like that other guy sais. Its not that at all, i just think guys they could be better, in a lot of cases i am sure they are, but it would be really interesting to hear which one actually is. It just seems like guys have an instinct er somthin. although, if it came to haveing to shoot at a man, i dont know, a girl would probably kick butt.

Tammy C
Well I would say that any woman who truely tried could become a crackshot, easily, since it's scientifically proven that we use more of our brain than do men.

wewamom2503
Yes, women are better at shooting on a average then men are.

Daniel L
Women are better at hitting static targets. Under combat pressure with distractions and moving targets, men tend to be better (in my experience). But this might be that there are far fewer wemen in combat so the statistics are under represented.

High-strung Guitarist
Rating
Well, I was better in my trial than most of the guys in my class. I'm not sure if I was "the best", but a lot of people say I'm good, so... I don't know.

someonecanbme
if you are a firearm instructor-why did you waste the effort posting the question?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Why is it that people pulled over for suspicion of DUI/DWI have always just had "a few beers"?
Isn't that still intoxication?...

ADVICE NEEDED: got caught speeding, double the speed limit, going to court. help!?
i got caught speeding on a dual carriage way ...i didnt realise i was going that fast radar police caught me clocked 80mph and its a 40mph zone. he said hes not issuing a ticket just going to send me ...

Waht has caused the increase in prison population?
prison population in 1995 was 55, 000, at present it is around 80,000 and is predicted to rise to 106, 000 by 2013.
Additional Details
im sorry, my statistics here are referring to E...

Why does it seem to me that the law is on the side of the perpetrator and not the victim?
Someone I know tried to help a lady in distress one morning on his way to work. She was drunk and these guys in a car were trying to drag her into it. The good samaritan tried to help the lady by ...

Peodophiles & how we treat them?
This is a serious question please only answer with serious answers.
are we too lenient with Peodophiles in the UK should the Laws be tightened and the sentences be stronger i was involved with ...

A few ideas to help with prison over crowding?
We keep hearing about prison over crowding and how this is not fair on the prisoners, I have a few ideas to help with the situation.
1- Remove any TV', DVD's, computers from cells, ...

I am going to show up to court drunk for my DUI charge. Will they make me walk the line again?

Additional Details
Dear Gypsy,

If I for some god forbidden chance end up getting on in a head on collision and recklessly killing a family, I hope it's yours....

What kind of fine could you get for fleeing from the cops?
my son outran the cops on a bike and the cops took his bike and he ran from ...

Me sister was caught shoplifting in Debenhams in Middlesbrough today. she took a jacket and 2 tops?
does she get to keep the clothes?
Its her second offence, what do you think will happen to her?...

I see the Police "legalised Boy Racers" have managed to kill another poor bystander! When do we do something?
These clowns have managed to kill and maime over 200 people in the past 12 months alone! They always try to justify their actions by saying that "They are on duty at the time and rushing to an ...

Why did 3 Police Officers stand by and allow a man to drown?
The Officers stood there and watched a man drown in the River Exe. They didn't even thrown him a lifebelt which was feet away from them. Two members of the public dived in to try and save him ...

What exactly are cops doing when they take your information and sit in their cars for a little while?
Whenever you get pulled over for any reason they take some sort of identification and go back to their cars. Yet it seems to take 5-10 minutes every time. I was just wondering what exactly they ...

Everybody carried gun, would we be safer?

I lost a bet and I owe a bookie 5 grand, since gambling is illegal he can't sue if I don't pay, right?

Do you think the mc canns have killed there little girl?
do you think they have killed there little girl or is the police just doing what they are good at and thats sending the press on a road to no where... if the police have got evd of the girl then they ...

What is the best way to beat the breathylizer? Does menthyl cough drops screw it up? I live near bars.?

Why is it illegal for adults to drink in public?

Do prisoners have it too easy?
I was shocked to hear that cabinet minister David Blunkett recently said that Britain's prison population has been ballooning over the past ten years.

How disgusting that convicted ...

Can dogs who chase cats be prosecuted under the new hunting laws?
And what should the punishment be?
Additional Details
With respect, London Lady, that's an entirely unimaginative answer....

Why can an illegal immigrant get by with breaking laws while US citizens are expected to abide by them?
Aren't people concerned that this unfairness is going to cause people to take the law into their own hands?
Additional Details
To: "Looking for the REAL answer"
Of ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links