Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

Can a 12 year old go to jail for molesting a child...?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can a 12 year old go to jail for molesting a child...?

a kid who knew better, touched another child who was no more than 6-7 years of age, can i put him in jail????

CAT^
Rating
Call law enforcement, make the report, and let the prosecutor decide. I agree, a twelve-year-old knows better.

â™ KPT STYLEâ™ 
Rating
I would say they could go to a juvinile detention center for a long time over that.

sandra m
a juvinile center yes..you can press charges against him

ABCDEFGH
Rating
A 12 year old can get in trouble for molesting a 6 year old. You need to call the cops, or tell the parents because you don't seem like you are the guardian. The guardians of both the 12 year old and the 6 year old need to be informed. This behavior cannot continue, because it will get worse and child molesters are the sickest people I can think of and do belong in jail and not counseling. Who ever thinks that this 12 year old doesn't need to be punished is insane, most 12 year old's don't touch little kids.

jbamert
yes in a juvenile Detention Center and I would report it.

oldmarine08
I would report it and let the chips fall where they may!

TURANDOT
A juvenile center, maybe. But certainly that child will be ordered to go to counseling and will be placed on probation monitoring his activities... Oh and the parents or caretakers will not get away that easily, Child Services will investigate his surroundings too

Shadow B*tch
Yes he can,but that's NOT where he belongs.
He needs help while he's still young.
All juvie is going to do for him is make him worse than he is,children get molested by other other children in juvie.
The courts nowadays are so EAGER to lock kids up,that we're not getting to the ROOT of the PROBLEM or even HELPING these kids.
These same kids grow up & that's why there are more and more crimes commited!
Both kids need help and plenty of love to get them through this,yes i said BOTH!

Police Dispatcher
Rating
This crime would be way to harsh for juvinille hall. He will be going to jail.

cireengineering
Rating
No child belongs in jail, if anything they need counseling and supervision.

Michael M
Rating
a borstal

Josh
A child can not be charged with child molestation. You need to talk to the parents, and if the situation is not resolved then you may consult the authorites, though all they will do is tell you to keep your kid away from their kid. By the way, if it is not your child (which I assume it isn't since you don't know their age) then you have absolutely no control in this situation and can't do anything whatsoever except tell the parents of the child being touched.

Sally
He is just a little kid. And you can't send him to jail or Juv, because he didn't do anthing that bad. People in the Juv. Hill will think your nuts for doing that.

Zombeh.
Rating
no.
legally they're not molesting the 6-7 year-old until they're over 16.
Also, you can't send a 12 year-old to jail.

john8765904
We have had a similar situation and did press charges and the offender was found not guilty. We don't know if they charged him wrong or they didn't believe us or what, no explanation was Given. My daughter is still going to counseling over a year later. It took us about a year to get through court and get verdict . We lost several family members due to this as they defended. Him. I would do it again tomorrow if I had it to do over again. We did what we had to do to try and get justice for our daughter. Unfortunately we did not get it and it would be my guess that this will only inbolden him. I HOPE for the sake of other children that he learned a lesson but when your family goes to court and lies for you I highly doubt it did.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Should the State Police submit roadside truckdriver urine containers for DNA-identity databases?
Many truckdrivers put bottles and bags of urine at roadsides, for ALL OUR CHILDREN & GRANDMOTHERS to see. Should the police gather this evidence and prosecute the offenders?

Would you ...

What's the best way of explaining to a police officer that he failed to use his turn signal in pulling me over?

Please help me! Someone might be in my house?
I heard a beeping noise i don't know where from, but it might of been the chime for the door opening
im carrying a knife, a lacrosse stick and a house phone with me-- there was a recent ...

What questions will the police ask me about a robbery?

Why did hundreds of people show up to support a cop killer in Oakland?
This does not make any sense to me. He was a loving man the article says. If he was such a loving man, why did he kill 4 police officers?

http://www.sfgate.com/cg...

Is this child abuse?
When I was a kid in school I had to read books by Maya Angelou like "I know why the caged bird sings," and other black culture books. Can someone be arrested for forcing me to do this?
<...

What is the difference between unlawful, and illeagal?

Hooked on how gorgeous the Policemen are in my area, need help????
Is it MEN-O-PAUSE, because when I SEE those men I PAUSE
AND look..........................................

Are police a little too willing to use a TASER?
Police in Dayton tazed a blind, crippled, cancer stricken senior citizen who was not a suspect of a crime. They claim it was self defense since she evidentially threatened to overpower the 3 ...

I'm being harassed 24/7 - what should I do?
I'm super stressed out. Light details: being followed as if I was a criminal, can't use my electronics (lot's of strange events), and late night loud cars revving engines outside my ...

When girls lie about their age like they are 14 and tell a guy they are 18 who should get in trouble?

Parking ticket?
I got a parking fine today outside the doctors surgery. My daughter was very sick and there were no parking spaces, I was only there for 20 mins and I literally don't have the money to pay the ...

Why do riot police wear balaclavas under their head wear?

Why the crime continue increasing in London?

Can you get arrested for urinating on the street?
It's pretty self explainitory, but I watched the Real World recently, and Tyree got arrested for it. Thank God I have never gotten arrested for the countless times I have done it, but my friends ...

Another killed by a Police Car in UK ?
And I took another number and details to initiate a complaint yesterday which is about the fifth in six months. How are we to stop this allowance of reckless and unacceptable driving by police who ...

When a police helicopter is looking for a suspect at night, do you turn your porch lights on or off?
We live in a rural town...lots of dirt roads, and trees. Never sure if the porch lights help or hinder the police, and the helicopter....

Do you get tasered in the police academy?
(in california that is.) I have had so many people tell me different answers, I just want to know if you do or dont....

Does anyone appreciate law enforcement?
i keep seeing people bash police one after another.
it kinda makes me think what this world is coming to.
is this what your teaching your kids, is to hate law enforcement?

i ...

About what percentage of guns is carried by teens; is carrying a gun for protection ever justifiable?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, October 31, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links