Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

Can i be charged with anything for blowing an air horn in the phone when a telemarketer calls?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can i be charged with anything for blowing an air horn in the phone when a telemarketer calls?

I have a credit card company calling multiple times a day. I dont have a credit card. They wont stop calling. Can i get charged with anything if i blow an air horn into the phone when the call.?

Rambo
Nope, I cuss them out or whatever I want, they are on My phone, In My house and I can do what ever I want. Also in the US you can get on the No Call List and if you have never done any business with them they can be fined for calling you.
I had some crack head who worked for me use my cell number for some credit and it took me quite a while to convince them I was not him.. talk to a manager and then threaten legal action... first ask for a contact number or you will never be able to find them ..then I would consider suing them for harassment.
I would also try to get an address and send them a cease and desist letter. This is good evidence in court.

nervana1
Rating
Naw, as it is UNSOLICITED, in fact, why not curse at them after wards lol

MT♥
Rating
haha oh my gosh this question made my day :D
i would totally do it! i don't think you would get charged for anything

cc- ̉‰ -
ROTFLMAO do it!!!
I would die laughing & i bought one for new years.. I'm gonna do it!
=] thanks

Norman O
Rating
Just don't give them your credit card number and you won't be charged.

twirlergrl4life
Rating
HAHAHA thats great id do it, but i dont know if you can get in trouble

Lela A
Don't answer the phone

Johnny Wane
As long as you don't damage anybody's ears, there should be no problems.

big boss
I say do it, I know I would.

Pat
Rating
Ahahaha. I don't know the legal answer to this, but it seems fair enough, since they are harassing you.

Zeke S
Rating
No I don't believe you can be charged with anything.
...and by the way Canadian Guy 67 .....thanks for the tip
...gonna try that too!
( also cdn)

scattered&thrashed76$
If you cause injury to their ears probably if you admit to it.

I'd never tell on ya though b/c there ain't nothing more annoying then those *** holes, they just don't know when to stop, that actually sounds like a great idea, where do you get an air horn.?

gdsb
You should attempt to register with the National Do Not Call List. Blowing out someones ear drum will find you in a court of law and the likelihood of jail time.

Pat F
Sounds like a debt collector. You may be a victim of identity theft. And yes it is assault. You could be sued and sent to jail.

mark
It's doubtful. I had a friend try it on my phone and the noise is not amplified to the extent to cause hearing damage. You would experience more sound pressure from a lawnmower, rock concert, etc. Also, they wouldn't know for sure who was acutally on the phone simply because they called you, anymore so than caller id/phone records show who was on the line. Most places won't call the police or do anything anyway. I know my office wouldn't. We have received our share of unwanted, prank, nuisance calls, etc. My secretary answers all my calls during business hours and I don't talk to anyone I don't want to and we would never have an answering machine.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

For or Against 'gun control'.. your views?
my class just had a debate on it and it was going no where as it was really hard to debate on.....

I turned right from the wrong lane. Is it better to go to traffic school and pay or should I pay a lawyer $70?
I turned from the 3rd lane from the right....

How are companies able to give their employees random drug tests?
It should be illegal to give random drug tests. What people do in the privacy of their own home should not be tested. It is a voilation of the 4th amendmant and I can not stand companies that ...

Can cops find out info about you if they type in your licences plate number!?
yes or no!...

Are the FBI or Secret Service going to take me away because of this (please read, im really scared)?
ok well i have a scanner on my computer and i was copying a fifty dollar bill to play a prank, or a game with, and it printed about 1/4 of the fifty dollar bill and all the sudden it stopped printing ...

If I live in the US and want to be a police officer in a differnt Country would that be possible?

How do you keep from getting raped in prison?

Will my cousin go to jail?
My cousin was arrested for a relatively small fraud totalling about £2000. Somebody had claimed he sold them some fake paintings. He paid the man back but the person still put a complaint in about ...

Why did Reagan fire the air traffic controllers???

Can u get in trouble with the police for prank texting?
me and my friends were prank texting my friend and they called all mad and threatned to call the police. will we get in trouble?...

Don't you think is it odd that the country with most CCTVs has got the highest mumber of burgleries?

Does my son have any rights of being falsely accused of waving a gun around at school?
my son was called into the deans office and was accused of waving a gun around school, he was told a young girl reported that he did, what is my sons rights, the school dean told my son she knows he ...

Why bribe continues ?

What should a person do when they are confronted with an apparent case of a battered woman?
My wife came home from the grocery store in tears because the lady and child behind her (covering her face) suddenly said "You think you have problems, look at this". She revealed a badly ...

Conspiracy to murder...?
Just was wondering about how long a person would be in jail if charged with conspiracy to murder...
Additional Details
The state is Florida....

Does a pregnant person that is 38 weeks along have to wear a seatbelt?

If arrested, handcuffed and then asked the question " Will you sign a consent to search " but no Miranda given
A person is arrested , handcuffed and then asked the question by police " Will you sign a consent to search your house" but no Miranda was ever given. The person feel intimidated and signs,...

Car accidenet but didn't report to the police?
We had a car accident about 2 weeks ago. It wasn't very serious. A lady hit us from the back while it was red light.

She apoogized and asked us not to go through her insurance because ...

My son is getting violent what do I do?
My step son has been my best friend since he was 3.he is 14 now and in a relationship with another 14 year old girl. just one day ago he came in from school and my wife asked him to do his home work ...

Is this a valid waiver of Miranda?
One night Officer Tackleberry arrests Joe Blow for DWI and Resisting a Police Officer. During the booking process the Officer Mirandizes Joe and tries to ask him questions about his drinking that ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, July 24, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links