Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

Can i listen to police radio online?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can i listen to police radio online?

you know like you do with a scanner

frankturk50
Rating
In the UK the system the Police use has been changed to stop it being scanned.It has never been illegal to listen just to act on anything heard is illegal.

mafiaboss_nz
Rating
In the UK no, all of the police forces have moved into digitally encrypted handsets which work via cell phone and other types of masts, you will need a police radio/handset with a chip similar to a sim card that is programmed/authorised into the police headquarters computer.

Normal scanners cannot pick up digital encrypted transmissions.

Problem Child
this one has NYPD and fdny.
http://www.n2nov.net/

also try

www.thebravest.com ....has FDNY by borough and you can buy stuff, if your into that.

This one has a whole bunch from various places...

http://www.police-scanner.info/live-police-scanners.htm

this guy has some also...

http://www.policescan.us/

specialairserviceairsoft
Rating
Cna be done is the Us, not UK

Northernscum
Depends were you are, the UK police use digital encryption which means it cannot be listened to with a normal scanner.

lpdhcdh
Rating
Yes. in Metro Denver there is a website that archives 30 days for several metro departments including mine. It kinda sx because it combines our 3 main channels together so to the untrained ear it sounds bizarre.

WTF-how would the media listening to a police scanner know about stuff before the police? They're getting it from the POLICE scanner....another worthless answer from the cop-hater with many names.

robert c
I believe it is an offence to listen in on police broadcasts!!It is certainly an offence to act on them!!

news hound
I understand you can listen? but, if you use the information from that, you are in breach of the law.

Cute Cat Pictures
Yes you can listen to police radio online if you know their radio frequency but it is an offence listening to police radio streaming. It was broadcasting strictly for police only

p/s: I prefer listening to internet radio stations streaming online at http://internet-live-radio.blogspot.com rather than committed to wrong doing

London NW3
Its illegal in the UK to listen in on the police,whatever the system used

phil103
Rating
i only knew about a scanner

heidi the ghosthunter
Rating
if you find out let me know i MISS my scanner!!!!

The KTPH.org
you can not listen to the police raido, as they wount publish it on the internet. they do not want to risk members of the public becoming involed with a situtation.

(UK)

One Happy Egg
Rating
Yes. I've just found out a H reg Renault 5 has crashed into a plant pot.... Only joking. I'll give you a star because I would like to know if you can too.

joan k
I suppose it's possible if you know how to do it, they seem to be able to do almost everything online. Why would you want to listen to them anyway. I could find better things to do with my time lol.

TURANDOT
Interesting... I am not sure you can intercept those waves online but you certainly can at home, with a radio scanner.
In fact, reporters know about peoblems way before police departments send press releases that very same way!
Google it, but I think it would be limited by the areas where that service could be provided

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What percent of cops are corrupt?
I don't believe that they all are, but just as an estimate, I would have to say that about 80% of them are. But I wish to have actual statistics of this. From what I have seen in court, this is ...

If a guy that's 19 gets a 15 year old girl pregnant?
I know by law the guy can go to jail. But I'm talking about "real life" here. What do they actually do? Does the guy actually goes to jail if the parents don't report it or what?...

I just got caught by the police for throwing rocks at cars...?
.... so let me tell you the story. me and my friends were filming a video of us just screwing around. one of my buds thought of the stupid idea of going to the railroad tracks and onto a bridge to ...

An Officer Speaks?
A POLICE OFFICER SPEAKS

By Trooper Mitchell Brown of the Virginia State Police

Well, Mr. Citizen, it seems you've figured me out. I seem to fit neatly into the ...

Should I report her? ?
I went to Ardene's today with my 4-year-old niece and we were shopping around. I noticed we were the only actual customers there except for an employee that was ACTUALLY working, an employee ...

Could you survive in prison?

Can I be held responsible for traffic violations when riding a bicycle, given no license is needed?
I never signed anything to ride my bicycle. Do I have to follow traffic rules?...

Have you ever driven a car while under the influence of alcohol or narcotics?

Additional Details
You ever wake up at home and wonder "How in the hell did I make it home last night??"

Or when you go to your car the next day , you find a ...

Law officers doesnt this ever happen??
last fri there was a state trooper in front of my house pulling people over for speeding. i live in town in a 35 mile zone and people go 60 through there i have been begging for the police to come ...

Would you rather stay in prison without paroll or take the death penalty?
would you rather be isolated in prison with no paroll. Food is deliverd to you while you are in the cell. toilet is in the cell. youre the only one with no one around you. YOu just sit in your cell ...

I was phiscally abused by an officer and was arrested and not charged for anything what should I do?
Two officers harshly handle me, and also with the knowing that I just had surgery to my face, to arrest me. I was arrested for no reason and wasn't charged for anything and was handcuffed and ...

Alcohol and Police. Good or Bad mix?
Do we want our police officers to drink alcohol at any time?
After watching the horrific beating, of a female bartender, by an off duty Chicago police officer while others in the bar ( who knew ...

What do you think about the officer who beat the handcuffed woman?
http://www.prisonplanet.
I have a report on social issues and I want to know what people think.
Additional Details
You have to ...

How is it possible for prisons to be rife with drugs; who supplies them (read on)...?
...It seems that it is accepted by the authorities that drugs are allowed in prison but wouldn't it be reasonably easy to stop the supply; there can't be that many ways of getting them in; ...

Most UK coppers are polite, sensible and practical. But aren't some of our Chief Constables distinctly odd?

Whats the best way to calm down a serial killer with chain saw , who is after you?

Is hacking people's computer known as a "crime"?
what should we do when we find a hacker?...

How long does a criminal offence stay on police records?

Does anyone know by whom and when the term "cop" was first used?

During a gun battle, will the firefighters show up on the scene...?
You know how some paramedics won't enter in the 'hot zone', but will the firefighters will, like while the gun battle is still going on, to help wounded officers/bystanders etc.?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, July 24, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links