Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

Can police open my usps mail?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can police open my usps mail?

Can a police officer open my mail i've recived through the internet with all its proper packaging and stamps still in tact?

For example a pack of golf balls odered online thats been sitting on my desk never opened?

And if they had a search warrant would it make a difference?
Also what if the package only has my first name?

Please let me know in detail thanks

Katie
Rating
Okay I am so tired of hearing this questions so if someone looks at this repost it on all these search questions. Now let me be clear I am citing texas mandates which are probably tougher than a lot of other states. No i am not a lawyer, but I do know things
Legal tip one
If you are in an unsavory trade, and you know who you are. Invest in TWO (2) safes one for your car and one for your home. If they dont have a warrant they can't search anything like that. They can ask you to open it and if you refuse they can take you in etc. It'll buy you sometime, peferably if that happens and they dont take you in to get out of town ASAP. Yall need to get out of these "professions"
Legal tip two
If you get pulled over for a dwi DONT EVER BLOW. Then all they have in court is that you smelled like alcohol. Sorry but you cannot be tried for suspision alone.
Legal tip three
If you go on probation for WHATEVER. Treat your P.O. like your best friend. Tell them anything and everything. They appreciate honesty and want to feel like they can make a difference in your life. Who knows maybe it might help? Never make a P.O. wonder "Wow, whats John doing right now."
Legal tip four
If you let the police in your house. Which if thats the case in mine they better have a warrant or else there not coming in. If you do, they can not open anything thats enclosed and locked! Period they have to get a second search warrant. If they want to go into a detached garage or storage shead and they have locks on them, it requires a seperate warrant. But let me be more specific on the locks aka it has to have a KEY or a COMBINATION! Cheap door locks not applicable.
Legal tip five
Dont tell police or invesigators more than they need to know. Most people are good people and just want to help. Just stick to yes and no questions and dont say anything in the cop car. When you get to the jail and they mirandize you ask for your lawyer imediately don't sy anything until they get there. Just remember the anything you say can and will be used against you applies even before they read you your rights!
Legal tip six
Mail is only searchable by the police with a warrant, the dea, or the postal service
Legal tip seven
When dealing with police always stay calm and level headed know and framiliarize yourself with the laws in your state. Always treat them like you did your mom when you got caught out past curfew. tick to menial responses. Be humble, and protect your rights and yourself.

runnttombobob
if they have a warrant they can go into your anus for evidence

JoeBlow
they can open a package if a drug sniffing dog thinks theres somethin in it

I dont think packages that have been in a location for a prolonged periiod of time are opened by the cops, i think they prefer blowing such packages up--from a distance

jamesbergen50
To open the mail. They need permission from the post master in that area. Opening mail is a Federal offense. You would need to press charges there.

batman is dead
Rating
with a warrant they can.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

IF you been order to pay a fine in one state and you live in another one , will they come get you?
I was changed shoppling of $200.00 or less I pay foe 3 mts, and now there a warrent in one state and I live in another will they come get ...

if the police are shooting at some one?
if the police are shooting at some one and that person is shooting back and you have your rifle or pistol legaly with you can you shoot to? im not saying hey lets shoot for the hell of it but hey if ...

what happens if you get a ticket a second time?
i wasn't wearing my helmet and a sheriff comes over and gives me a ticket.
This one is my second one and i don't know what will happen ...

what would happen to a kid who is 13-17 and killed a person to protect himself and his friend?
And pertend that the kid was in Alberta, what laws and fine and how many years in jail and stuff would happen to him in Alberta....

what should i do about this?
im 13 and my parents asked me to take my brother (who is 10) to the playground. He's in year 6 so he knows his rights and wrongs but at the playground i heard him say to a kid who was about 8 �...

I let my boyfren borrow my car on a friday didnt shoup wen igot to his hous so icall police n say he stole it?
Since im not working and i had the car to my self my boyfriend had asked me if i could let him borrow my car for work i told him ok but at night bring it back or i go and pick it up so friday comes ...

How would law enforcement go about finding next of kin?
A friend of a friend passed away. He had no contact with his family. How would the police go about finding next of kin? I'm just curious. Thanks
Additional Details
ADD: He ...

how many times can the police move a bail date ? and is there a time limit they have to get you to answer bail?
a arrest was made in march bail date april then moved to end of june can they keep changing the date ? how long can they keep doing this for, and once bail has been answered and if no charge is given ...

What Happens When You Are Speeding & Cream A Teenager?
You destroy your vehicles black box, then attempt to have the teen pay for your vehicle which was destroyed by the wreck you caused:

http://www.setexasrecord...

International student in U.S and arrested because of marijuana possesion under 20 grams?
So I was arrested last year when Studying my freshman year in Florida. I had about 4 grams of weed which was for my personal use obviously. So I had a court date and all that. At the court they told ...

In Massachusetts, what is the difference between a Sheriff, State Police, and City Police Officer?
It’s my understanding their roles are very different in other parts of the country, especially rural areas.

I see people speeding without care past Sheriffs but a State Police officer ...

If I walk into a police station and asked them how many cops are on duty can they arrest me?
I'm 6'5 and 405lbs 2...

Is it illegal if cops?
Okay so I get out the car after my boyfriend drop me at my home..a car rides by then stop another car stops and I don't walk across the apartment to get to my home b/c the car is in my way.They ...

if CA suspended driving privilege for child support, but have WA license, will CA police catch on?
This person has been driving illegally in CA for over two years. Had two traffic tickets in CA and always lies to police and says lives in WA (he lives in CA). Child support services suspended CA ...

What do you think will happen to me after serving a 17 year old alcohol?
Tonight at my job at a restaurant I should have id'd these two people but I didn't because I thought they were definitely of age. Turns out one of them was 17 and now I'm scared of ...

Can Quebec po;ice car stop someone when he has not violated any traffic laws (moving or non-moving violations)?
While driving from New York into Quebec on route 15, I was chased by a Candian Police vehicle coming from the opposite direction, the police made a U-turn and stopped me, but I was driving within the ...

what are my rights regarding and mip and avoiding a ticket?
i live in a town that revolves around partying and lately parties have been getting busted and most people don't know their personal right i know some but i would like to know more about how to ...

shoplifting, court date is tomorrow!... Deferral?
My little sister got caught shoplifting fifty dollars worth of accessories. Both of my parents and I will be with her tomorrow as she appears before a D.A. Our dad is telling her that we will be ...

Give me reasons why or explain why someones hands shake for these reasons?
1. You are told to get a protection order and the clerk in the courts office
ask are you sure this happened and my reply was yes I swear it's true and her hands
where shaking.

Criminal Record Information?
I am doing a research paper on having a Criminal Record. I am almost on my fourth page however i am struggling to find the details of each of these terms and differences between expungement, ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, August 20, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links