Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

Can stun gun knock people out?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can stun gun knock people out?

Can Stun Gun knock people out?
If so, how much of votage do i need and how long would it take?
Thank you

yea
Rating
its takes a couple of seconds and yes it does knock people out, watch 24 they use it so much. i'm not sure the voltage sorry.

?
Rating
Indeed it can. A stun gun can also kill as some 300 people that have been illegally tased or stunded by cops are dead
as a result of this nonsense.

Last Man Standing
Rating
Tasers are known to kill people - roughly 300 in America since 2001 (1). That is why they are now refered to as "less-lethal weapons," whereas they used to be called "non-lethal."

Racist Answer Man
Rating
Depends on a variety of factors including the target's general health, amount and kind of clothing, how long you maintain contact, the power of the gun, etc.

somebody
yes it can, and in (VERY) few cases there have been deaths

if you are planning on going into law enforcement they should teach you that, shouldnt they?

jeffreylynn_poynter
Worse than that, it could cause permanent physical damage that the victim would have to live with for the rest of their life. For instance blindness.

um... niner?
you get them in the right spot and however big they are depends on how long it would take, why are you planing to use one?

Big D
Rating
Stun guns are not made to knock out people. It is to cause them pain to force compliance. Volts do not matter. Its the amps that give the kick in the a**.

Roger
Rating
Stun guns like Taser can deliver upto 50,000 volts. However, amperes are very low. It can knock people out. Now United Nations is looking into such guns as instruments of torture.
See
http://www.courant.com/features/lifestyle/hc-faqman1212.artdec12,0,1926115.story

card_jared
Rating
you could but depends on how long you keep it on and the voltage

Carol (Yeah I said it!) G.
I have one that has 500,000 volts. They don't knock a person out..en less you don't know how to use it, hit someone in the heart..that will not just knock them out it will kill them. Mine takes 2 sec to disorient a person and they get weak..3 seconds and they are dazed and wobbly..can't stand up etc...last long enough. The points to hit are shoulders and hips.

toot toot
Rating
heck yaha don't you ever watch cops or new dectives?

Ashlee
Yes it can i forget what the voltage has to be though.

sarah w
Rating
depends and yes if you do it long enough

Master Yoda
It can in rare instances, but for the most part it's a really rude awakeining. It's the longest 5 seconds of your life.

Airborne Ranger :D
Rating
Yes. They may have just hit their head during their muscle spasms. Dunno the voltage or time, but long enough for them to either hit their head enough times or hard enough or to shut down some body functions.

beachxbabe127
Rating
idk....

Samboskull
They're not so much knocking people out, they just neutralise people. Remember it's not all about the voltage, the current plays a part too! Hold it on them for 10 seconds or until you start to smell burning. They'll probably be #@[!ed then. If not.
Kick 'em in temples!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

In what instance does a cop have the right to arrest someone without reading them thier miranda rights?
is that legal? i thought that no matter the situation they have to inform you of the rights that you ...

We have so much crime and yobs causing havoc on our streets because the police are useless?
We see the police allowing these yobs to carry on with yob behaviour on the street....

Should people in prison not be allowed go to a funeral?
I was in prison last year when my Dad died. I got taken out to see him a few days before he died with a guard but they wouldn't take the handcuffs off and give me some time alone and I got a bit ...

Why is there always much corruption in police ?

Why do people get 200 year prison sentences?
Why do people get prison sentences for 200 years, or ones of this length, when no one really even lives this long?...

How do you prevent cops from not raiding your really big party?
Any tips? on not gettin rolled by the 5-0?...

Please answer?
Can you get pulled over for a brake light being out?...

Police Shootings are you concerned?
With the increase in police shootings and the deaths of some totally innocent victims whatis your opinion of the way this is investigated by the "Independent Police Complaints " which is ...

What causes police to become corrupt?

Is it illegal to drink alcohol whilst driving even if you are under the legal limit?
Ignoring the fact that physically drinking anything whilst driving might take your attention off the road, is it actually illegal to D&D whilst behind the wheel or do you actually have to be over ...

Where do you stand on highspeed police pursuits?
I was talking to a CHP freind this morning and this subject came up, a Highway patrolman was killed on his motorcycle while chasing someone who failed to pull over. Some say the cops should never ...

What will happen to him?
this bloke hit me so i pressed charges on him and he has to pay me 100pound compensation and 12 months community service. he was one of my friends boyfriend, i have just found out that they have ...

Why isnt there atime limit on felonies so we can get on with a nomal life without being judged for the passed?
its been over twenty years for me and im still asked have you ever been convicted of a feloney,THERE SHOULD BE A TIME LIMIT,unless your a convicted of rape or ...

Unofficially, do the British Police cherry-pick which incidents they choose to turn up to?

Driving offences.?
hi, a friend of mine was stopped for driving with no seat-belt. When his fine came in the post, it was stated that he was driving on a different road than he actually was driving on. Can he contest ...

Is there anything I can do?
A friend of mines daughter is having an affair with a 30 year old guy. The problem is that she's only 15!!!! She wants to have his baby, but he just wants her for...we you can only imagine why ...

You think all those little cameras are for traffic control, don't you?

Will i go to prison??
Basicly i hit someone in my supported housing with a high heeled shoe on her arm. Caused bad brusing and broke her skin. She pressed charges.A police officer turned up 6 days later wanting me to give ...

Some people ask stupid questions..but is there actually such a thing as a stupid question?

Plastic cop car seats?
onece i saw molded palastic seats in the rear of a crown vic why plastic and why molded???...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links