Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

Can the police/fbi track internet history without a users computer? Is there a database with where I've been?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can the police/fbi track internet history without a users computer? Is there a database with where I've been?

bconehead
Rating
Every server in the world....well legit ones anyway keep a log. When I first logged on in the 90's I had a provider that would let me run a report of where my computer had been on the net.

Great for moms and dads as this is history that cannot be erased at the stroke of a key

canguroargentino
The Internet Service Providers also hold a record of which account went where, they also know if you log onto your account from another computer or location! George Orwell was right with 1984- Big Brother is always watching!

bsure32
Rating
Yes Internet providers have a record of all the sites you visit. That's why the call it an ip identifier. We are being watched, big brother is always watching.

max_sterling003
Good question. Yes they can, your computer leaves tags all over the internet in the form of a call number on the sites you visit. They can use these tags to monitor where you go and what you do. If they have enough reason to believe youre up to something they can have a remote user program installed on your machine from another location to be able to watch exactly what youre doing and what you say in chats. They can pull up your bank records with or without a warrant. They can monitor your cell phone via the ESN number (you can find this in the back of your phone if you remove the battery) and they can use that phone and triangulate your exact position within the United States. They can find out what purchases you make and they have a way of finding out the wierdest things about you.

34th B.G. - USAAF
Everytime you use your cel phone or ATM card, etc. you leave a paper trail. Don't think they don't know. How do you think they caught the guys in Dearborn with the 1,000 throw away cel phones?
Based on your nickname, I don't imagine you have a Passport...

makingapost
the short version is YES!

Most of the companies or websites you visit record your IP address, then the IP records your PC ID.

it matters not what venue you choose to use to do things. a record exists and can be checked.

the only exception might be cash where personal ID is not a part of the transaction - kind of like terrorist do!! this is why cards, checks, and even PayPal are so popular!

Chrissy
Rating
yes and no. I don't know how to explain it. They can't really check your history persay without your computer all of that info. is stored in your computer. But if you have say, been on yahoo or what not, they can look up where you've been on there. But it would only be specific to that site. etc..

swarr2001
Yes to both of your questions. Stop using the internet for illegal activities if that is what you are worried about.

macdyver60
Google "ECHELON".

lifeofthepartyyea
Rating
yes....BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING!!!!

STEVE0 THE CLOWN
Rating
yes they can and yes there is

Walter J
Rating
Yes there is a record, mostly for the past 90 days, but they are trying to make it so that this record stays on file for up to 2 years. There was a big write up in the paper/news about this, saying that this is an invasion of privacy.
There is a way to track you but it is harder to do it without your computer...
Best to just behave yourself and stay out of trouble...

cpdcodethree
Rating
Sounds like someones got something to hide!!!

charles
Rating
You shoulnt have done it The next person at your door will be ther to arrest you

went right
YES i think

www.police.20fr.com

bob
how do they have the remote user program installed on your computer from another location without you knowing? how can they activat this program without you knowing as well. wouldn't it show up in your task manager?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

WHAT IS THE BEST TO SAY TO A JUDGE TO AVOID 3RD DUI JAIL TIME IN SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY, CA?

How do paedophiles live?Is there any way to spot them without them knowing?

Will the traffic court dismiss the CITATION, if the POLICE OFFICER had put a "WRONG DATE" ON THE TICKET
THE ACTUAL CITATION WAS RECEIVED ON 10-15-06 MONDAY. BUT THE POLICE OFFICER PUT 10-18-06 MONDAY. LOS ANGELES CALIFORNIA....

What's the minimum IQ to be police officer? ?

Horrible death!!?
my friend died horribly on monday! he was so young and had been in jail for four years he was 22 and he had his whole life ahead of him he never did drugs just abit of weed, but he sold them, he herd ...

I got a warning from police.?
Today I was having fun with my friends in a huge empty parking lot and we were racing. There were in fact only two other cars parked. The police took our drivers licenses and took our phone numbers. H...

Why not put pedophiles in treatments or hospitals?
they're going to jail instead. If I'm not wrong. pedophilia is an illness and pedophiles need help. How is going to jail going to help instead of getting treatments?...

Why dose cops their are two different laws one for them and one for us?

Additional Details
i have never been in trouble with them but they heras and lie and get away with it all i think its not fair for them to get away with lieing and herasing ...

Penalties given out by the courts are they fair?
the current system in handing out fines is an unfair and unjust system, surely a person who is fined £60.00 from his weekly wage of £300.00 will feel along with his dependants severley punished, ...

Is it shoplifting if someone forgets some item under store flyers in the bottom of a cart?
My friend was horrified that she had accidently left a magazine from a department store under some store flyers in the bottom of the cart and left the store without paying for it. She was afraid that ...

Somebody seen me stealing from work on sunday then i was caught on thursday. i have a disipinary next thursday
i feel so bad for doing this what will happen will they ring the police ive been working there for like 6 years its a big ...

I was arrested for stealing $1,400 worth of goods. I have never been arrested before. What will happen?
I have never been arrested before and except for speeding tickets my record is clean. I am in the midst of finding a lawyer which is hard since I don't know of any. I am scared and don't ...

Why do people hate the police so much when all they are there for is to protect us?
My sister is a police officer and works ridiculously long shifts. In one night, she has to deal with things ranging from domestic disturbances to drunk people and deaths. Yet driving through town, ...

What would happen if I did not let a cop search my car?
i know if they have a reason they can, but when they ask i know i can say no, but what would happen if i did? just wondering because me and my friend got pulled over in a speed trap, (yes it was a ...

Was I raped?
Basically. Was very drunk following row with husband. Stormed into town. This man appeared out of nowhere. talked me into getting into a cab with him. Arrived at a house was given a very very ...

Is it illegal to give a police officer "the finger"?
could you get arrested or ticketed for flipping off an on-duty officer? if so, under what law? this is just an in general situation, not during being pulled over or anything like that. just like in ...

What is jail like? Tell me all you can.?

Additional Details
I don't know why a few people think I am going, damn. I was just writing a story and part of it takes place in jail....

German Shephers, alarms, or weapons.. which is better for home protection?
Need to decide whether to obtain permit for weapons, purchase a German Shepherd, or alarm.. or combination of these for home protection. Which is generally the best deterrent of random crime?...

Please!! Somebody help me!! I just got a reckless driving ticket!! I can't sleep..and I don't know what to do!
I was driving down the I664 to Hampton in Virginia when I got pulled over by a state trooper and given a reckless driving ticket for doing 80mph in a 55mph zone. It was 1:25 am in the morning. I ...

The police?
why do the coppers always think they can do what ever they like. as we got stopped today just as a routine check so they say and when they were finished they got back in there car and speeded away ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links