Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

Can you be arrested for failure to appear if you never recieved a subpoena?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can you be arrested for failure to appear if you never recieved a subpoena?

If someone is issued a subpoena (to appear in court as a witness to a car accident) but they've moved and never recieved or signed it, and the court date has passed, can they still be arrested for failure to appear. I thought no because they didn't sign or recieve the subpoena.

‚ô•Life is freakin me out man‚ô•
Rating
If you did not have a subpoena then you were not served so no.

doinou
It could cause some headaches, but in the end, it will be forgiven.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

If you obtain a mileage pass, are you required to have a copy of the DA 31 if you get pulled over by civilian?
active duty army mileage ...

Is anyone here going to watch the premiere of the new cop drama called "Southland" on NBC tonight?
I definitely am. I think it looks great. But of course, nothing will beat my Law & Order SVU.

Here's a summary of whats to be expected:

From Emmy Award winners John W...

Im 15, getting an MIP.. what do i do?
i was caught at school with a fifth (dont tell me im dumb, ive heard this already) and i was honest about everything, blew a 0, and my court date is soon, what do i do?

i need to know ...

Does she have to stay in this harmful environment? What would you do?
One of my close friends had to move out of her mothers home because her mom lost her job.

She now lives in a home with 2 alcoholics/druggies(pot).

Her necessities are being ...

I want to be a police women!?
When i grow up i want to be a police women! I do horse riding and i want to work on horse back sometimes. I might not be able to be a police women because if my Asama! You might need to run and catch ...

I lied to a police officer about having my lisence when I was pulled over...?
He pulled me over, searched my car, questioned me, at one point he did not believe me when I said I had my lisence. I was scared, so I persisted and insisted I had my lisence. He did not find me in ...

Should I challenge a ticket?
I got my first ticket last night that was not speeding related. It was after bar close and I was really drunk and I saw some other guy tearing down fliers on the street. I thought it would be a great ...

Do actual detectives come to my resident to verify that i live there when i am in the process of joining NYPD>?
i am planning on joining but i am an out of state resident and wanted to know if i can just change my address. and still live out of state... but i have hurd during the screening process they come ...

Speeding ticket in Maine?
I got a ticket for going a few mph over the limit. I'm Don't think I was but I do want to fight it. I'm not from Maine I wonder if there Is there any sense in even trying. If so how? A...

Speeding ticket question for South Dakota?
Hi, well yesterday I was going 75 in a 40 speed zone, and they ticketed me for $204, well I was wondering how much that would make my insurance go up. I'm 15 and this is my first violation. I ...

Sort of caught stealing?
Ok so it was my first time stealing and i know thats the dumbest thing ever. I was at clair's and took a ring, the really dumb thing was that i had already bought a braclet (with my credit card) ...

Is parole also known as deferred adjudication?

Is this a bit weird.......................
Like this police officer came to my house and asked if we dialed 911 and we never did and I am pretty scared that he might take this like to hard core questioning. Am I just overreacting?...

Quebec Speeding Ticket?
If I was speeding in Montreal and the police caught me could they give me a speeding ticket by only taking down my license plate number?...

Arguing Against Gun Control?
So, I have to write a 5-6 min speech arguing against gun control for my criminal justice class, does anybody know some good facts and info I can use? The answer with the most info gets the 10 points <...

In New York State or Onondaga County, what happens if someone fails a sobriety test or breathalyzer?

What is it like working as a 911 Dispatcher.?
Hi, I was wondering, working as a 911 dispatcher the job requires a great amount of typing and staying alert especially working full time.

Doesn't your fingers kill (meaning in lots ...

SERIOUS question about MIP - please look inside?
I got an MIP several months ago. I was put on probation (which was paid for and ended in February) and was sentenced to one alcohol awareness class. I just got a letter from the court saying I need ...

Forget about tv dramas, what sort of things does "Internal Affairs"...?
... really get into in a police department and do other police officers really dislike them like on tv?

My impression was that real Internal Affairs (or whatever it's really called) ...

How is bond determined when a person is in jail?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, December 20, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links