Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

Can you find out who called the cops for a complaint on you?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can you find out who called the cops for a complaint on you?

get a police report?
Additional Details
it was over something sooo stupid. Thats why I want to know who cause we never have complaints on us ever. Someone called the cops cause our dogs were barking! at 5pm ! I think thats ridiculous. they aren't even by anyones house or windows.???? crazy!

CGIV76
Rating
No - the police report won't list who called.

crazyem
Rating
you can get a report, but names aren't public record

?
Rating
nope...its all confidential...unless you have an inside source.
..You can get a police report...but if someone has complained...and asked to be private..by law, the police have to keep the information...
so it all depends on situation.

gm
No you can't find out who it was if they asked to remain anonymous and actually even if they didn't unless they put a restraining order on your or are taking you to court no i don't think they have to tell you

Petit Chou
The cops wont tell you .. I'm sure you'll find out soon enough. It usually comes in the form of wisecracks on the street. You could always buy a shortwave radio and tune in.... or do whatever you did again and wait till it goes to court .

Some things, y'don't wanna know.

dbuddyboy
I think it was this guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzOpjBOzMqA

skip
If it is serious enough to require a court appearance, you will find out then, most likely.

Sam Sharpe
Supposedly but if you live in a big city I promise they are going to give you the run around.

Kevin M
Rating
maybe

Todd
Rating
nagative they will not tell you,id just let it go and learn from it

Mystic Magic
If the person who made the complaint asked to remain confidental then sorry they are not allowed to reveal who it was.

Mr. Crowley
no

evanlah
Rating
yup, just go down and get a copy of the police report. u might have to pay a small fee for it.

Alex
no, ask the neighbors. if that doesn't go down well, then get a po-po report.

hawkfan99362
They wont tell you for the protection of the complainant.

FT-5
Rating
why would you even care? Were you guilty? are you planning revenge? how childish!

Shay Shay
Rating
i would just blame in on all of my neighbors till someone tells on someone

Rizing_Wave
Rating
Nope you can get there number touge

BIsHuP
maby

TURANDOT
Rating
I'll tell you what, I lived in a condo years ago. At the end of each month, the property manager would go to the police station and pick up that month's report. It clearly included information on who called who, why, and the date. If it was a fight, a medical emergency, harassment... you name it. They learned everything about residents dealings with the cops.

The only way you could not see who called was when the caller asked to remain annonymous. In that case, they wrote "annonymous" but still wrote the rest of the details.

If you called annonymously, the cops couldn't make an arrest unless the suspects or offenders were caught in the act...

By the way, that monthly report the property manager picked up was available for any resident to buy for a buck, at the PD's clerk's office...

Freeway Ricky Ross
Its the neighbors that don't like you. Trust me.

rsox222
yeah

Rych
Rating
I think so

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Why do the police feel they can break traffic laws?
Unless they are responding to an emergency cops are suppose to obey all traffic laws just like everyone else. I am a truck driver and I can tell you that the vast majority of cops speed and tailgate ...

I am 16...does the police have my fingerprints?
I had touched a tool that may have been used in a crime...from what I have heard, they took it to a fingerprinting lab. When they find my prints on it, are they going to be able to match it up to me?...

Hi i live in the uk and have to go to court for possesion of an offensive weapon ive been to court twice 1 for?
drink driving and another for handling stolen goods and a caution for posseing a weapon so i was wondering the likely outcome for this charge of possing and offensive ...

Will you get arrested?
If you throw hot sauce packets from Taco Bell at people while driving a car?...

How come when ever you lye to a cop they say " why do you insult my intelligence?"?
i was just asking. i watch cops alot and they seem to say that often.
Additional Details
like on the show "cops"... they seem to say it ...

If the American government asked you politely, to turn in your weapons, would you?

Where does the law stand on protecting your home and family from a burglar?
If someone broke into my house, what am I permitted to do to them?
Additional Details
this is in the UK...

What is the first thing you do?
I'm just curious...what's the first thing that happens when you're driving and you see a cop? Mine is that cold feeling that you get inside...even though I'm doing nothing wrong (...

Would you be angry if one of your contacts sent the police to your house?
Let's say it had been over a week since anyone had heard from you, you weren't answering e-mails, your phone number had been disconnected...

Would you be annoyed if your contacts ...

I'm 15, what kind of penalty can i expect to receive from the police for running on a footy pitch during play?
should i expect a fine or just a caution?
Additional Details
for u people who dont know what a footy pitch is, football pitch, soccer ...

Who thinks that instead of asbo's been handed out, 6 months in the army would suit thugs allot better?
i reckon that if these thugs could be sent to a zero-tolerance academy, they would be fit to go back to society. maybe don't allow them to use weapons, but everything else the same.
A...

My neighbours across the road, key/scatch my car everytime i park outside their house, what can i do
is it worth getting the police involved can the do anything? i'm sure its them,
Additional Details
i only park in front of theres only when spaces in front of mine are taken up, ...

Why do people hate cops so much?
im a police explorer and i get alot of critics who think their funny and makes jokes but why do they do that if one day im gonna be risking my life for ...

I am not a troll but I'm gonna sound like one?
When did cops loose their integrity and go from being protectors of the public to tax collectors for the fatcats?
And how can traffic cops feel any sense of pride in what they do -surely that...

How Can I tell if Someone's an Undercover Cop?
I'm not a gang member, a drug dealer, or a radical subversive, but it seems like this country is going "Cop Crazy". That said, how do I know when I'm talking to The Heat?...

Should parents in the UK be able to access information on paedophiles living in their neighbourhood?
Please consider the advantages such as keeping the children safe but also the disadvantages from the paedophiles point of view in regards to human rights and vigilante attacks etc, also if you have ...

If i hit my imaginary wife.. could i face imaginary jail time?
Inspired by this Q (other people demented minds not mine, for once)

http://answers.yahoo.com...

How can i hide it. it is badd.?
i have body hair. ( dwon there ) i am hiding it from my family for about 2 years. you know the bathing suits that are kinda shorts. when they get wet. will you be able to see the lines from the hair? ...

What can the cops do?
I just moved into a new place in October of 2007. And I am a 25 year old single parent of two boys, 10 and 2. Not to brag, but I am A very attractive woman. My new neighbor which is a old man tried ...

Police speeding ticket?
i was stopped and given a speeding ticket on the 13th dec wich means i got 3 points and a 60 pound fine but the police man wrote the date being the 12th i only noticed this today.
does any one ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, September 1, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links