Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

Can you get arrested for calling someone a b*tch?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can you get arrested for calling someone a b*tch?

NOT DIRECTLY.. it was wrote on a piece of paper & this person found it & said, "i'm calling the cops, i hope you get arrested." So, could it happen? I'm thinking not but, I'm just curious.
Additional Details
& another question, can someone get your lisence plate # just for any reason?

KC V â„¢
Your situation would be considered a misdemeanor offense. An officer will not make an arrest on a misdemeanor offense unless he/she witnesses the offense themselves.

This is why when people make complaints to the police and then wonder why the person they complained about hasn't been arrested...the police can't do it or they would be breaking the law. The person making the complaint would have to file a warrant for your arrest.

I seriously doubt this person you speak of will do that!

Merry Christmas!

♥ NY BABY! [Got Rings?]
no hon

smellyfoot â„¢
Rating
no. Freedom of speech protects your right to call someone a b*tch.

BeezKneez
Rating
uh, no

Mercer Devil
You can't get arrested for calling someone a b*tch. That would be a violation of your First Amendment rights.

babyluvbutton239
Rating
Well if you do get arrested for calling someone a b*tch than our legal system is more screwed up than I thought possible!

julesss
Rating
nooo way thats gayyy

Cj murtza
Rating
i dont really think so

well hello
It depends what else was said, usually no but they could sue you for defamation of character.
And yes anyone can get your license plate number, because it's on your vehicle, but there isn't much they can do with it.

lynn
No, you cant

krennao
Rating
No your not going to get arrested, and the person that wants to call the cops, trust me the cops are not going to do anything. Its not against the law.

azn chick
only if it leads to a fight, riots, violence, etc.

Dustpanman
Rating
if it was on a death threat letter you could have prolbems

Angelo M
Rating
Freedom of Speech

The statement was offending, but it was not threatening to cause harm so no, you cant be arrested

Everyone else is crazy...but me!
If it's a lady cop or a judge, then YES!

╪

Drew
Rating
no

?
Rating
freedom of speech allows you to yell whatever you want. However it is not absolute. If shouting words causes public alarm such as "fire" in a crowded theater then you may be arrested for disorderly conduct when you intend to cause public alarm. If yelling ***** at someone causes a public alarm then there is probable cause for an arrest. Outside of that you may incite a provocation that may leave you libel.

northcarrlight
In the UK we have laws that ban the use of language that is likely to incite a riot - but that is the closest I can think of to getting arrested for failing to stop that language when told to do so.

Monsieur Rick
Question #1--No. Freedom of speech is a right guaranteed by the Constitution.
Question #2--You license plate is visible to everyone when you drive or anywhere you park.

sarahhhhhhh
Rating
no way. anyway b.i.t.c.h.is a term for a female dog!! not an offence ha ha ha

princessogt1
Rating
No, but it is a crime. I know a freedom of speech my A**. This happend to me once, I had to go make a statement, and had to go to court for that, they made me do some community service and I was on court supervision for a year, well that is how it works in Illinois. Oh yeah was your name on that paper, if not then they don't have nothing against you.

As for the plates thing. If they want your plate number all they have to do is see look at your car, but it is not valuable information, they cannot use it for anything.

Joseph
Do you really think the police want to do all kinds of paper work on you for saying that?

MNL_1221
Probably if you call someone a b*tch once, no. If you follow her down the street saying "B****, b****, b****, b***...," you could get arrested for harassment.

rosie
Rating
We have freedom of speech here in the USA, so no you cannot get arrested for name calling if you live in the USA

TheSilverBeetles
You can't get arrested for that. You have a freedom of speech remember. Its in the first ammendment. And besides, were their any witnesses? If not, its your word against their's.

SUSIE B
No you can't get arrested for that at all.

Gu
Hell Naw!
I Woulda Been In Jail!
lol
I Woulda Been In Jail Since I Waz 5 BiiTT!

Seen it all before
Rating
no

but if you were shouting and ranting it in the street you could be arrested for disturbing the peace

skcoleidlog
Rating
1. No. The first ammendment of the constitution alows every U.S. citizen the right to freedom of speech.

2. Well, you're not going to get in trouble for taking down people's licsence plate numbers randomly...

Rich C
Rating
nahh probably just a ticket

Joe Iwojima
Rating
no, most are.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Found a call sheriff notice on my door. what should i do?
Says the notice does not relate to criminal matter....

Does anyone else hate the police?
Im not a criminal, have never been arrested and don't hang out with those types of people so don't put me in that category. I feel that the police are getting away with so many murders and ...

Smoking age going to 18, do you agree?
i think it's stupid, it's not going to help, you can pay taxes at 16, go to war at 16 ect... but can't ...

How do I stop police illegally tapping my phone including my mobile?

Should the police carry guns?

Prisons don't work, 67%+ reoffend often in a worse way. Is it time to become more drastic what would you do?
We are paying over thirty thousand pound a year for a prisoner to be kept. When we release them there are more costs and they are likely to reoffend. I don't want prisoners released to reoffend ...

Is it pathetic?
Why on earth do people just come on here to have a go at the police?
Instead of hiding behind the computer come and have a go whilst we are work. You would find that we will talk to you and most ...

Can you get arrested for.....?
pawning (not selling) someone else's property, but this someone is long overdue on paying you money? is that possible?...

Shouldn't drivers who kill others in a road traffic accident be jailed for life?

Additional Details
iknowtruthismine, I have reported you for insulting posting....

If you caught a person breaking in to your house would you beat him/her?

Are you being watched on this site?
Do any of you think that the NSA, CIA, FBI and MI6 et al are monitoring Yahoo answers as a security precaution to catch "undesirables" and "Terrorist sympathisers"? I know they do ...

If I fock a girl who lies about her age is it my fault?
If I meet a girl who says she is 21 and turns out to be 17, is it my fault if I fock her and film it? Why dosnt she get arrested?

If I go out to a red light area and pick up a horny female,...

What is the worst drug?
If just one drug was going to be illegal, what one would you chose it to be?...

I stole a freddo frog chocolate bar from a shop 50 years ago, i have not slept soundly since.?
should i hand myself over to the nearest police officer?...

Can the police get away with assault just cause i am a neo Nazi bnp supporter?
i openly advercate thart i am a natzi and i am oftenly arrested for protests supporting the national front
the police know my deatils but the persist on arresting me
putting me in a cell ...

Does a rapist deserve death or life in prison?
I'm Argentine living in Argentina. In my neighbourhood a 53 year old man...yes 53 (eww)... raped a little girl (5 year old). Police arrested him and he's in prison now. Yesterday, the P...

Are you a secret criminal?
Have you done anything that you should of been convicted for but hav'nt been caught?...

When you are driving and you see the policeman with his ray gun on you?
Do you discreetly pull your handbrake on to slow down a little? And do you avoid eye contact?
Additional Details
LMHAO
"Raygun" - I know what I mean ..... thank you LOL....

My parents are trying to force me to go to church. Is there a law against this?
I am a 13 year old Atheist and my parents are christian, they are trying to make me go to thier church but I don't want to because if I go I feel they are trying to make me a christian ...

Why do people cry when they are being questioned by police?
Is this a common response from innocent people, or is an indication that they have something to hide?...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, August 2, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links