Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

Can you get fined for not having your driver's licence when driving?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can you get fined for not having your driver's licence when driving?

yoak1
yes In kentucky you just have to show a liscense that was obviously valid when the incident occured and it is dismissed.

FORTY55_
Rating
In some states it is called "Driving without issued license on person". Driving requires both the license and having the license physically present on the driver. It is also a good idea to put an emergency home phone number on the back , if it is allowed in your state, in case of a severe drivers accident.
Also court costs up to $75, and fine of $25 or more is common. Plus an increase in auto insurance premiums. We are all like Rats in the big Maze of life and everyone wants Their piece of cheese. Holy Cheezes Help Us All!

destine4_69
Rating
Yes..... the law is written that you must have a driver's license in your possession or on your persons. The fine is higher if a person can not prove that they have been issued a license.

DOOM
Yes. It's known as driving without a license.

roritr2005
Yep, you are required to have it while driving in any state. Sorry!!

Glinda W
Duh!

Bandit
Rating
Yes. In most states it says on the license that it must be carried when operating a motor vehicle. It is not having the license in your possession. It's not as bad as driving without a license, but there is still a fine.

MissCurly99
Rating
Yes, in every state in Australia, on the spot fine. In NSW its $75 and you also get 1 or 2 points on your licence (or lose the points) whichever way you look at it.

tm
Silly question

Atlas
Yes, you can get fined for not haveng drivers licence when driving

okiesjacpine
Depends the State that you live in,They will check to see if you do have a valied drivers licence and if it come back that you do have a valid drivers licence, then he or she depending if you have any pryers then they'll let you off with a warning and remind you to have your licence,but if you do have pryers then you might get a tickit.

bobby v
Rating
Yep!But here in florida I think they drop the fine to like 5$ if you can take a valid license with you.If not it's like a 50$ fine

alecnaaron
You have 48 hours to produce a valid drivers liscense in most states..

Marc X
Rating
No license, you WILL get ticketed if stopped. Used to be, you could go to court, show that your license was valid at the time, and you just forgot it. They'd drop the charge since they really just wanted the unlicensed people off the roads.

But now some states are jacking up revenue by fining you for not having the license on you, even if you do have a valid one at home.

Dwight
My friend spent two days in jail for not having a drivers lic on him when he was stopped. ( His lic was good he just didn't have it on him ) This is in Warren Michigan. He paid 150 dollars to get out of jail. They towed his vehicle ( Another 150 dollars ) so it's really about them getting money. It's not about safety anymore. They ( Cops ) just want that money.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Why do cops carry guns, but never use them?
Honestly, I watch cops often, and they never use their gun, If the criminal gets shot, I will have a big smile on my face, but that hasn't happened yet, why?

I want to hear the ...

Could i really get arrested for this SH**???
soo last nite while my mom and her bf were out i snuck in my moms office and stole her bedroom keys and unlocked her bedroom door then used his computer when they got home they noticed i was on it ...

Can I become a police officer if I am deaf in one ear?

If we didn't have guns, would current crime rates change?

Additional Details
I mean ZERO guns whether in the hands of the people, cops, or criminals....

Could I have gotten arrested for this prank?
Me and some friends were recording a prank for Youtube. What we did is that we put a bunch of fake blood on me and I went downtown and went to a public area and layed down on the ground and pretended ...

Who do you think was/is the best serial killer?

Additional Details
i have to write a paper about a serial killer that was cought?...

What do you think really happened to maddy mccann?

Could I be arrested for this?
I filed a complaint for threatening and harassment against my ex boyfriends current wife. She left threatening messages on my voicemail and texted me more than 40 times yesterday. The police told me ...

How do u get someone on house arrest?
my boyfriend is in jail and i was wondering wat do u have to do to get the person on house arrest or work relase?...

Should I become an Animal Cop??
should i or should i not?? state your reasoning ...

My boyfriend was arrested for a felony 2 (obstructing aircraft operation) for pointing a laser at a plane.?
They are saying he pointed it at a police chopper and the life flight helicopter. What can this F2 be dropped down to? How much time do you think will be served? Does it make it worse if he is in the ...

Teen charged with assaulting mom with taco?
http://www.myfoxorlando.
wat youza gots to sayz bout ...

What's the different between a police officer and a laywer?
what's the different between a police officer and a laywer?...

My son is in trouble with the police?
hes going to jail for 20years do 10,
for ice
wht do i do ...

Which would you consider, and why, to be more dangerous. A stun gun or a pocket knife or common razor blade?
After doing some reading here, I notice that a stun gun really isn't all that dangerous, but being a simpleton, I zapped myself on the leg, no big deal, in fact I felt I had cut myself with a ...

How do you report a dangerous driver?
There is a guy who we see that drives at 60 mph in a range rover outside our house on a regular basis. We live in a small village. He is dangerous and always on his mobile. There are children ...

Can anyone help me with a strange one?
i have just had 2 policeman looking for my ex husband at my house. They wouldn't tell me why and I'm confused as he left 3 years ago and we have been divorced over a year. They wouldn'...

Can statements made to police be used in court if police did not issue or advise the Miranda warning?
A friend of mine was arrested and taken into police custody recently on an assault charge.

She is now facing a jury trial soon with the assault charges being pressed by the city attorney, ...

How would I find jail listings?
I'm trying to find out what jail someone I know was in. All i know is that it was a BC jail....

Does anyone know what happens if you request traffic school and never complete it?
I was wondering if it just puts a point on your record or if you have to pay a fine? I was also wondering if I can request traffic school again for a diff ticket since i didnt complete the original ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, August 30, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links