Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

Can you get in trouble for fliping off a cop?
Find answers to your legal question.

Can you get in trouble for fliping off a cop?

Kenneth C
I had a guy how found it funny to buzz by me and flip me off one time while I was a traffic stop.

Too bad for him I was just getting back in the car after finishing the stop and he was traveling in the right lane in violation of the "Move Over" law.

He got a nice traffic ticket.

Sparkles
Rating
What this will do will cause the cop to watch for you to make some type of driving error to give you a ticket. You should think about this the next time you need one to come and help you.

conebone
Rating
me---no--i wouldn't be dumb enough to do that

johN p. aka-Hey you.
Maybe not, but that cop could watch you like a hawk, and make your life miserable. Your best bet, when you see a cop, wave to him using ALL your fingers.

queenD
I hope so because I don't think people should be disrespecting police officers in any way. I mean, these people are putting their lives on the line so that we can live safe and peaceful lives. Plus, they get paid hardly anything to do that.

crusader rabbitt
Not where I live.
But it varies from state to state.
Why would you want to do such an ignorant thing?

Katetrinity
Yes, you can. Why would you do that? Don't you know any better? You are just asking for trouble.

You can get in trouble for spelling words incorrectly and poor grammar too.

Chris C
Rating
thats pretty obvious

heres a tip if they pull u over when u flipp them off just act a little bit retarted make ur hands move around a bit and say u have parkinsons.

tmilestc
Not in my USA

whiteman
Rating
ya

Barry auh2o
Rating
Just suppose you are being stopped.How do you know the cop wants to write a ticket?
Maybe he just wants to give you a verbal warning. Flip him, i guarantee you'll get a ticket.

Dont get Infected
Rating
i wouldnt recommend it. cops arent supposed to do anything really but i saw a video where someone did it and the cop beat him down with the baton

speedysundevil
most jurisdictions, no they can't. However once you do flip off a cop, you are going to want to get away fast. Therefore this increases the potential for you to do something stupid, which probably is a potential you should not increase as you were dumb enough to flip a cop the bird in the first place. Once you do something stupid, you will be pulled over. Assuming the cop does not find something to arrest you for and possibly impound your vehicle for... expect a citation a mile long. Oh and don't expect the cop to be in a good mood either, or to listen to any lame excuse you might have, or to even care for a second. Bottom line don't do it.

Groundhogg
Rating
In PA that could be considered a "Disorderly Conduct". And that mostly depends on the community in which it takes place (including the Judges).

It varies state to state. Do you really want to get pulled out of your car through your window...if so, do it.

S1973
Rating
I am not sure how much trouble you'd get in. But, flipping any person isn't very respectful! Maybe you should learn to like um....GROW UP!

SGT. D
I would write you for disorderly conduct, when you go up before the judge, that kind of stuff really pisses them off.

CGIV76
Let's see.
I wonder what your name was before today?.
You seem so familiar.
AKA ?????

old fuzz
Rating
"What goes around, comes around"

MESH
Rating
They will beat the **** out of you.

Paul
Hey Funny Girl, Are you serious...?
This answer is for all of us, including myself
(...just in case you are sensitive). I can't believe
your even asking such a question. It ranks a little
higher than flippin your mama off or your teacher.
We know you know the end results for doing that!

That "High fly'n finger" you might consider flipping
off a cop with might just as well be placed on or in
your person "Where The Sun Don't Shine" because
no matter how you (or all of us) "Figger Yo Finger"
there is about a 98% chance we'll all get screwed
by his or her "High fly'n ...Ticket Writ'n Finger(s)".
So Yo! Funny Girl! Go Figger Yo Finger!

impalersca
No, but why start trouble with the MAN!

BJ
It would certainly be unwise.

The office could just follow you around and wait for your dumbheaded butt to violate and then pull your smart self over and throw the book at you.

I find that people who disrespect law enforcement are those who break the law and get caught frequently. They feel "picked on", poor dears.

Dusty P
Rating
Profanity and obscenity are not constitutionally protected speech. Therefore it could be a violation of your state or local laws.

Above all, it is a just plain stupid thing to do. Even if they don't cite you for anything they can inconvenience you a great deal.

mike b
you could get beat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYooUfobVt0

woolly worm
Rating
THE COP WILL STOP YOU HOWEVER JUST TELL THEM YOU WERE SHOWING THEM THAT YOUR RING HAD JUST BEEN STOLEN

jeff c
Rating
If I was a cop you'd be in trouble.

ReturnOfTheFly
well, it isnt illegal, but believe me theyll find some reason to do something to you if you piss them off. a few years ago i saw a video of some guy walk up to a cop and flip him off (maybe said something too) and the cop just beat the hell out of him. but do it any way, i do, just make sure they cant catch up to you and that youre not doing anything illegal or have anything illegal on you at the time, and if neither of you are in a car be far enough away to not get beat. ha.

Isabel
Rating
they could plant drugs on you.........dont be stupid.

ECullen‚ô•
Rating
thats freedom of speech

seventhundersuttered
Rating
depends on the pig

b
you tell em sgt d in the butt!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Would you do that ?
If you feel that police is not really doing anything to bring your rights.

If you feel that no one is really listening

Would you go in the street carrying a sign to bring ...

DRIVING WHILE INTOXICATED...question. Can you help me settle an argument?
If seen by authorities, will a drunk man go to jail if he is sitting in his PARKED car WITH the keys in the ignition?

Will he go to jail if he is sitting in his PARKED car WITH his keys, ...

Can a cop pull you over?
can a cop pull you over because you look to young?
I am only fifteen i have to have someone older in the car that is 18 or older when i drive if i get stopped by my self how much trouble can i ...

Will the U.S. ever ban the gun?
After what happened at Virginia Tech and the fact that 80! Americans are killed every day by a gun do you think that America will ever ban all ...

If a cop pulled you over...?
and you were not doing anything wrong or hiding anything illegal, would you let him search your car if he asked?...

My fiance' is a convicted felon and he had a concealed weapon in his car?
But, the gun belongs to me I left it in his car after I got out? Now he is being charged with carrying a gun as a convicted? What should I do?...

Do you think our police force should be armed?
Whats your opinion, discuss.
Additional Details
What about the good chance of police abusing there authority?...

Do the police do a good job in what they do?
let me know what you think do the police do a good job in what they ...

Is it legal to park a car in a bus stop lane and leave it for 5 days?
car is road taxed.
Additional Details
Yeah most people think it is not legal and or should have been towed. Well my driveway is right at a bus stop and for 5 days this car has been ...

Cops told my cousin that she was stupid?
my aunt had a party and her daughter got drunk. while she was drunk her sisster toke her to taco bell.well she didnt finsh her tacos and the next morning she woke up from a hang over. she went to the ...

How do I recognize a fake police officer?
If some guy wearing a fake police officer costume with a fake badge says he's a police officer and you're under arrest and that he has to take you away, how can you tell that he's a ...

I used to smoke weed daily but have been sober for six months can i become a police officer?

I killed a man that jumped on me, what do I do now?
I'm l iving in USA, Oklahoma city. Last week, when I were buying gas, a man jumped on me, hit me continously with his fist, he didn't say anything, I can't fight back because he was ...

How do I have my details registered with police?
I take lots of photos of my local area recording the changes. This could be suspect to those who don't know what I am doing. If one could register with with police and have a reference number ...

Why would a convicted murderer refuse to reveal where he hid the body?
ian simm was convicted of the murder of helen mc court in 1988 (billinge nr wigan). even though her body has not been found to this day, the evidence against simm was overwhelming(her hair, blood and ...

On police, has anyone actually seen one recently?
I live on a main road in a large town just outside of London, and the only police man/woman i've seen for about five years is the guy who comes to visit his mum on saturdays, so he doesn't ...

We have just been burgled and are completely devastated - anyone know how to cope -will the burglars return?

Additional Details
Thankyou all for your advice and sympathy . There really are decent people out ...

What would you do with convicted child rapest and murders, like John Couey?

Why do azzholes become cops?
Is it because they can't get a job anywhere else?...

What would I be charged with if I pepper sprayed a cop? of course I would not lay a finger on him but spray?
him....

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, October 20, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links