Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

Criminal Records Bureau check, how can I check whether there are any records held against me?
Find answers to your legal question.

Criminal Records Bureau check, how can I check whether there are any records held against me?

I would like to know if there are any criminal/convictions registered under my name, is it only employers that can get this info?

patandaudrey
Rating
For free, check out http://www.crimcheck.com , they have an extensive free public records section. Good for the DIY'ers.

But since you would have to do the research yourself which can lead to missing out on information, I would recommend http://www.easybackgroundchecks.com , they offer statewide background checks for $20. They also offer nationwide background checks for $30

LottyBetty
Rating
have you ever been cautioned or arrested? if not then you have no criminal record xx

kev.hall1@btinternet.com
The current legislation does not allow the self-employed or individuals to apply for a CRB check on themselves.

If you require a CRB check for a job, your employer will give you the application form.

The details would be sent to you, not your employer.

Laurence
Rating
You generally only need a CRB check if you are going to be in close proximety with people who can classified as vulnerable.

If you have never had any convictions/cautions, then you will have nothing to worry about.

bobmck76
Rating
well if you havent been arrested then there is no reason that you would have a criminal history you must be convicted for it to show not just warned

rick_wenham
Just go into a police station with £10, fill in a form and request a police print of records in your name, and in 10 days you get the whole thing, or an empty sheet of paper

frankturk50
Under the Data Protection Act you are entitled to obtain details of your criminal record.Go to police station fill in form and pay fee and you will get a copy.Employers don't get them they get prospective employees to apply as stated.Contrary to what people say here the method of recording offences has changed over the years and you may find an offence such as public order was not recorded on the national data base years ago and cautions were only recorded locally so that you could have a clean record whereas today most not all offences and cations are recoded at CRO.

goforit
Rating
Contact your local Police Headquarters. I believe they can help you for a fee.

flflamme
Rating
Nope. Usually any member of the public can get these records from the public records office in the local county or state government offices. This is where the employers and others get it too. In most places, criminal records are a matter of public record and are available for inspection by ANY person without question

Cymraes.
You shouldn't need to check as you would know if you had been convicted of something.

Alex L
ITS ALREADY BEEN ANSWERED BUT I WANT 2 POINTS.... GET A CRB CHECK .. IT CAN TAKE UP TO 4 - 6 WEEKS TO COME BACK ....

BUT HONESTLY U SHOULD KNOW IF YOU HAVE BEEN IN TROUBLE WITH POLICE - UNLESS YOU HAVE NO GUILT....

YOU GET A CERTIFICATE BACK AND YOU GIVE THAT TO EMPLOYERS....
CERTAIN JOBS REQUIRE THESE CHECKS AND THE EMPLOYER SHOULD PAY AND COMPLETE THESE CHECKS....

Suzy H
If you want to see if there are any convictions under your name - you can apply on-line to Disclosure Scotland, it costs around £20 and the check should be back to you within 14 working days - when you have filled out the on-line application they will ask you to send proof of ID - Passport, Driving Licence etc - just so they can process your application.

If it comes back with convictions on the record and your adamant that it wasn't you - you can clear your record by just going to the Police Station and providing them with your finger prints.

Its a good thing to do - with all the identity fraud going on, you never know who is using your name!!!

Ferrari Babe ¸.•*´`*♥ ♥*´`*•.¸
Try the link below.

patrona
Rating
ha..well what do you know
..love the new title
they use..as if it was uniformed * incarsenated*
in a cord..to in= cooperated,
SOME TRADE,*
HE IS ON A MISSION,,*
YOU WOULD CONSIDER THE REAL
as in honor *
one never plays with THY father's ASHES *
it is not only national it is international.*
thy GUARDIA *M LA=HARA,,* [ bee-in M. STANDS
FORCE.. ITS MATTER * [THY UNIFORM,* [holla *]

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Do we live in a police state?

Are they going to know?
I am in Vancouver and planning to become a police officer. However, I have one speeding ticket on my records while I was living in US, is that going to show up in my records while applying for this J...

Can I notify the court that a probation officer is not doing his job? I'm in Michigan.?
I know a person that has been in and out of rehab, does not follow any of the probation restrictions that is listed on OTIS. He drinks, drives (no license), does not work, does not pay child support ...

Police, what do you think?
If you caught someone (pedestrian or otherwise) in possession of a little bit of marijuana, do you or do you not feel bad that this person will be in so much trouble over something so insignificant? ...

Can I become a Seattle Police Officer if my spouse is a convicted felon from 16 years ago?
The charge occurred in 1992 and was dispensed June of 1993. Petty theft and forgery. Has not been in any kind of trouble since. I appreciate your input....

Can i become a rapper and a undercover police officer as well?
i really have a dream of being a rapper, but i also kinda wanna be a police undercover

can i be both?...

I am one of victim of euit bank lottery and i sent 350 us $.now what should i do?can i get them back?
how can i get back my money sent to the australian lottery in nigeria?is there any law to punish them?i have their address and name to which i sent money....

Should prison inmates be allowed to watch tv ?
Should incarcerated convicted criminals be able to watch the ballgame on tv, or should they, as I feel, be forced to sit in a cell, for as many years as they are required to serve, without any ...

I am on probation and the probation officer searched my parents house without me being there, in -IN?
july 5 I had a meeting with my probation officer and told her about an acsident I had and was going to see a lawyer the next morning about it. The next morning while I'm gone she goes to my ...

Should I pay a speeding ticket in NC?
I got a ticket in NC for speeding. 70 on a 55. (I thought I was on a 65) Should I just pay the ticket or get a lawyer. Ticket is $150. If I pay the ticket, will it show up on my FL record? I rather ...

Is it attempted murder?
if a person beats you up while your pregnant is that attempted murder?...

Im in jail?
WELL WHAT SHOULD I DO IM STUCK HERE IN JAIALL I DID WAS RUN OVER A RED LIGHT AND THEN I STOPED WHEN THE POLCE TURNES THE LIGHTS I RECIEVED THE TICKET"S" FOR WHAT I DID AND THAT IS ALL TELL ...

Help! ive been arrested for sholifting and I dont know what the effect is?
So basically we were in american apparely and someone told me how easy it is to shoplift and me being an idiot i was all "let me try" and got caught right away
Even worse! It was my 18...

Why should celebrities get away with committing crimes?
The average American citizen would have to do jail time and they probably would not be able to choose where they go, or even if they stay there!...

How to fight off a Biker Gang?
I am going on a road trip to california from chicago in a couple of weeks. ANd I read that you have to be careful of Native AMerican Biker Gangs. So I just want to know what do you do if they ...

What if pirates attacked us?
What is a VERY large group of Irish Pirates plotted together and started attacking our ocean side? Say, for example, these pirates come by the thousands, in about a hundred pirate ships. They are ...

Is there such thing as a perfect crime?
The more I study law and various cases, I am convinced that there is no such thing as the perfect crime. Many criminals feel they can out smart the law enforcement, by destroying evidence, lie, and ...

Am i going to prison?
the other night i got pulled over for hitting a mail box an not pulling over to pick it up or notify the owner.when my truck was searched stolen credit cards were found but i have no clue how they ...

Why are police officers getting such a bad rap. Is it burn out?
Just by reading some of the questions posted here I am getting the impression that our finest are not being paid their due. Why so negative? They are only doing a job the best they know how with what ...

How do i get my pregnant fiance out of jail?
She is in for felony possesion , 21 years old, is loved very much!
Additional Details
She got a possesion of drugs sitting in her mothers car, her mother forgot to inform unknowing prego ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links