Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

Do they drug test you when you go to a dui class?
Find answers to your legal question.

Do they drug test you when you go to a dui class?

I have to go to the 72 hour dui class, and i was at a party last night where there was a ton of weed... do they do a drug test there?

Desi
Nope. DUI class instructors work for independent firms that are paid by the government, the instructors themselves are not government employees. Thus they are not associated with anything other than teaching the class and giving out certificates of completion. However, if you have to turn yourself in and walk through the metal gates, then you are fair game to be tested at anytime but even then they dont mess with you as long as you dont give them a reason to.

MikaRight
The instructor does not have the right or ability to administer a UI or any other drug screen, however you are under the order of court to preform this, which means you have a de facto probationary period, and an assigned officer to answer to until the action is complete (whether you know it or not) and that person could pop you. Pray your caseworker isn't there.
Advise:: STOP drinking and driving and stop smoking weed. Dumbass

Answer: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Ar4PiO5gO_65ayRY4nO_1lJQxgt.;_ylv=3?qid=20090118102836AAQcJKh

JB
They do not do it as standard procedure, but if they suspect you are high, they will. If you knew you were going to have to go to a DUI class, why did you get high? You got one DUI, or you would not be going to the class. Why risk another? LEARN YOUR LESSON.

HEY HEY HEY!
Not normally a rule, but they could. Weed? Hmmmm how about just say "NO?"

Morgan R
yess

Jacob S
Rating
no they never drug tested me

SSREyes
Rating
Depends on your class and the state in which you were arrested. Also-Cornerstone does not test. Its more of a joke and a waste of time than anything else.

kamkal
no...just don't go there high and smellin like weed.

MalloryBurns.
It's a DUI class, you usually watch some boring movie or something. I doubt they'll drug test you.

Sounds to me like you're partying too much. A DUI? Seriously? You could've killed someone.

Father Gregori
Rating
no i dont think so

*Tim L*
Rating
no they never(had) too (to) test me

Chris G
Nope.

Lui
No, they kind of give you a break on honesty

Jimmy
yes they usually do

JANE! Pain infliction is game!
oh way to go!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Send convicted inmates to Iraq?
we should seriously send all the convicted violent criminals to Iraq. why have them waste our hard earned money when we could get rid of them and have them contribute to this country , killing 2 ...

Why should there be stricter laws on gun control?

Additional Details
If you say there shouldn't be then what if you were walking down the road and you just happened to be shot and killed in a drive by. The innocent are dying ...

I got a speeding ticket..can u help me?
okay...I am 25 years old..this is my first speeding ticket and it's super super bad...I was in a huge hurry to be somewhere by noon and I knew i was speeding but i wasnt watching how fast..I got ...

Will I get charged with anything if I was defending myself in my own home?
My best friend's birthday was a few weeks ago and an unsavory character came back with us to my apartment for an after party. He was repeatedly rude and I told him to leave. He refused to leave ...

Why is it that a cop can literally give you a ticket for anything he wants to, whether you did it or not...?
and when you go to court if they show up you are guilty. It is your word against theirs and who is the judge going to believe???

I got a ticket for loud music with my windows up and a ...

No pull over by cop , do we still get Ticket?
This morning on my way to work, i was speeding up to 75MPH on 65MPH freeway, i was on the left lane and i saw one cop w/ Laser gun pointing at my car. As soon as i passed him he get in his car and ...

Why do some police officers go to bars and get drunk and drive, but we can't.?
I swear they go out and get hammered and don't even think twice. Then the next night they are out stopping people for drunk driving??? This is not a bunch of BS either. There is a bar down ...

Can I report a person with an outstanding arrest warrant?
I'm a single mom to a three month old little girl, I haven't spoken to the father for 8 months. I have a child support order but my ex cannot be found. He has an outstanding warrant out for ...

Got caught for using a fake ID, It's a Class 1 Mistermeaner... What can I get for that?

Is the world more violent today than in the past?

What is the powder the police use to get fingerprints?

If you hit a car but no damage should u still leave a note?
I was parallel parking and i very gently nudged against the car behind me, absolutely no damage and i was going about 1/2 mile an hour, i got out to see if i had any space and i saw that my car and ...

Why don't we re-introduce beheading for very extreme crimes?
For the extreme crimes commited by serial killers, they should be beheaded, but in a most humane and 21st century-style, by an electronic robotic machine that will swiftly carry out beheadings, so ...

Police Batons?
Why do the (British) Police use different styles of truncheons/batons for different situations ? E.g normal patrol officers seem to use the extendable batons, transport cops have the large (...

Can police officers run stoplights, stop signs?
if they have the proper lighting and signals on?...

NEED HELP: A Security Guard gave me a ticket....read more..?
i was driving in a closed community where they have their own security and regulations, and pretty much ive been going there for about a year, and recently i went 28 mph in a 15 mph zone and they ...

Will the police do a criminal record look up for free if you request one?

Do police have the right to search inner zipper pockets of a purse?
My friend told me that if you have a closed zipper purse with another zipper pocket on the inside, that police are not allowed to search that inner zipper pocket. Just curious if anyone knows whether ...

How long can a man be in jail for non-payment of child support?
I was just wondering about the length of stay in jail for non-payment of child support.I am asking for someone else.
Additional Details
I am talking about the us,not australia! No, I am ...

What happens if I go to the police about my husband?
What happens when you file a police report about domestic violence? I'm scared the police will laugh at me or tell me I'm lying. My friends say 'he must really love you if he's ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, October 1, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links