Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

Do you get tasered in the police academy?
Find answers to your legal question.

Do you get tasered in the police academy?

(in california that is.) I have had so many people tell me different answers, I just want to know if you do or dont.

Blue Steel & Lace
Rating
Yes, you also get OC'd and get handcuffed so that you can feel it and have some understanding of what the people you are taking in custody go through.
Personally, I think OC is 10 times worse than the taser. That stuff burns so bad!

6.5 x 284
No,but I got it a few weeks ago when my Dept was issued them...its hurts like heck...but I love it as a tool

KC V â„¢
The rationale used by some who say you MUST be tasered so that you know what it's like is not necessarily the rule.

With that rationale one must ask should you be shot with your firearm to know what it's like.....No!

However, MOST officers I've trained with volunteer to take the taser so that they do understand how the system works and feels!

Some departments may require it but not all.

Best wishes.

Ade V
Rating
i believe you only get tasered if you want to carry a taser gun.

OceanUnit405
Some academies do, some don't. Some even take volunteers to take the shock! Up to you, but I'd suggest doing it if it's optional. You'll be in pain while you're being shocked, but you'll be glad to have the experience after.

speedysundevil
Rating
From what I understand in AZ academy's you do get tasered. They want you to know what it feels like and to respond after getting tasered. Same with OC spray (AKA mace) remember your weapons you have as an officer can be used against you if a suspect gets a hold of them and you need to know how to deal with them.

Kevy
Rating
no. not unless it is required to be carried throught the state. if its not the indivdual departments are responsible to taze you.

IE in ohio its not a requirement that officers carry tazers, but if your department carries your gonna get the shock

it hurts, but its over quickly

wuxxler
Rating
Yeah. And OC sprayed, too.
Great fun, that.

Sheilamarie
No. MY brother is currently graduating from the NYPD police acadamey. No such situation. They show it on a dummy

slipstreamer
Rating
Yes. You also get maced/pepper sprayed. This is standard training across the US for Police Cadettes.

briscoeboys
Rating
ALMOST EVERYTHING THAT AN OFFICER WOULD DO TO A CRIMINAL (****EXCEPT GETTING SHOT****) IS DONE TO THE OFFICER IN THE ACADEMY-- HAND TO HAND COMBAT, TASERS, OC, ETC. SO THAT THEY KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE, AND THEY KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT IF THEY GET A WHIFF OF OC OR THEIR TASER IS TAKEN FROM THEM.

smash6385
Rating
In every police academy in the us and all armed force, you will get tasered as part of training.

jessicadiane2009
Yes. My friend recently graduated and she got tasered. You get held by the arms by two other officers and it is done on your shoulder. She said it hurts like nothing she's ever felt before.

chuck_junior
Yes, and OCed too. Nothing like a little OC to get the snot factory working. lol

HannahBelle
sure do, and maced too

Doc
Rating
you'd better!
it's not right that you go out and tazer other people without knowing what it really feels like.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Do you believe that citizens should carry concealed handguns?
Example:

You and your four year old daughter are in a bank to deposit some cash. A unknown man walks behind you and starts to flip out. "Come lets go, hurry up come on D*M (then)<...

Are the police becoming the Gestapo?
Are we in a police state?...

How do you get to become an informant? OK a snitch?

Additional Details
I don't want to google it, I know how to become one, I am curious if you all do. googling is for people that don't have brains....

Why do cops always let rich people go with a warning but arrest poor people and beat them up.?

Why are cops so retarded? Car Accident?
Lets start out explaining, My wife was in an accident. She was waiting at a green light to turn left. When the light turned yellow there was a guy about 100 yards away that looked like he was ...

Who killed Jimmy Mizen?
Deep condolences to the family and friends
Additional Details
Officers know who they want to question in connection with the murder of Jimmy Mizen, who died after being attacked in a ...

Handicap parking what a joke??????
I want know why handicapped people want to be treated the same when they dont even want to park in the parkng space way out thier in the parking lot. I say they want equality just take these parking ...

Did oj kill his wife?

Why is everyone speeding?
Why is everyone speeding to get to their destination? I live in Wabash (small town). It takes 5 minutes to drive through. The police need to give out more tickets. I live close to a school and a park....

Would you ever shoot a burglar?
If you had a shotgun and was waken up in the middle of the night to see a burglar in your house...would you shoot if he immediately put his hands in the air making it clear he has no weapons?
<...

Why are rapists freed and alowed to strike again?
Who is to blame? seems to me the victim suffers it all, i say castrate them,...

Police officers?
what do police officers make i know they make good on overtime and court asigments ......

Is this a poor police advice ?
Hello gentlemen,

I've been attacked yesterday, on the street, glad to say nothing bad happened, and while walking he did hold my arm and stop me.
I managed to push him away, ...

If a car was illegally searched and police found illgeal possession, are they able to hold it against you?
My boyfriend went to pick a friend up from a park where the friend played basketball at. As soon as he got there within 2 mins the police pulled them over. They firsked him for search and then ...

Can i listen to police radio online?
you know like you do with a ...

Can someone go to jail, if you don't press charges?
Okay, I'm trying to write something for class, and it's about a book we read. In the book this guy tries to kill this other guy. They make their way to town and everyone in town makes a ...

Does anyone else think America is becoming a police state?
I don't understand why our government is passing laws that are against our constitution. Such as traffic laws, the smoking law, and other regulations....

Got a ticket nearly 4 months after being caught sby mobile detector?

Do you obey all traffic laws?

How can i beat a speeding ticket?
there are letters that can be downloaded from the internet,
but they cost have you or anyone you know got these template letters.
heres ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, August 22, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links