Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

Do you think I've got a speeding ticket?
Find answers to your legal question.

Do you think I've got a speeding ticket?

I was coming out of my estate today, and I noticed there was a police car on the opposite side of the road, facing the way I was driving. I didn't notice it until I was right up to it. There was no flash. Can they give me a ticket from infront of my car? Help! I was doing over 40mph in a 30 zone.

Dr
Rating
Treat this as a warning. a 30mph limit is in force for a reason. If a little kid were to run out in front of your car, you would feel really bad about it - even if you were not at fault at all. By doing over the legal speed limit, you could be putting yourself up on a dangerous driving charge = a term of imprisonment.

Sorry to rant on, but motorists have to know that they are driving a dangerous vehicle.

rick_wenham
if it was a police car and not a camera van then I would think you are in the clear, if they were checking speed they might have wanted a higher speed to prosecute or were setting up thecamera, chances are they were just taking a break or waiting for a specific car to come out of the estate.

Most times when there is a speed trap operated by officers in a car you will be stopped and dealt with there and then.

Without wanting to preach you know what to do so you dont get a ticket though !!!

Dj' s
Rating
Did you see if they had a speed gun?? If they did have then sorry yes you will "probably" be getting a ticket. My mate done exactly the same thing as you he only got 3 points though so don't worry this wont effect anything like insurance etc.. so long as you haven't got any other points.

Good luck! : )

Nicky
Rating
they use a lazer gun thses days so it can check either direction. Our local paper always has the next weeks mobile speed camera positions so that you are more wary of those areas.

Maria
No. You're paranoid.

the_tent_man36
Do 30 and consider the consequences besides a ticket, seen the commercial with the child that gets run over?, i also am a driver and sometimes i don't look at how fast i am going, i do try to keep a sensible speed in built up areas.
Safe and happy motoring to all!

TRACEY B
Rating
yes they can they dont need to flash you as you were right there speeding

srracvuee
Rating
just wait for the next 6 weeks then you will know

Stephen A
Rating
I think they might have stoped you then , you might have got away with it , but time will tell

saorsie
Rating
yes

shelcom
Rating
You need help. If you weren't stopped you didn't get a ticket.

dh06111
Rating
If they were facing the other direction, chances are, they will be aiming a speed gun in that direction to stop people speeding as they enter the estate as opposed to those leaving the estate. So, you most likely weren't caught but take this as gentle warning.

you know you love me
no. they would have had to get your number-plate details, so they would have had to have a camara. if they were that bothered then they would have pulled you over.

JON A
Rating
Yes

Jax Back
Looks like you're busted son

migelito
I think the probability is that you haven't. If the police officer was using a hand held device he would have pulled you over on the spot.

Vindicaire
"There was no flash." What the heck does that mean?

Police can give you a ticket no matter where either of you were facing...why would that matter?

jayemess
You admit to doing 40mph in a 30 zone "Guilty"

goodfella
i guess so.

Mr Abba
You should be fine mate.

Mabel
I hope you have, you selfish prat. Your speed can be checked from in front of your car and you will not see a flash.

steven
hello i no most ask iv dun 40 in a 30 or 80 in 50 we all no if we do that we prob get dun but my thing is that i woz driveing on a carriageway what is 70 and i did 60 and passed a spec cam and then one more come up and i woz doing 70 as i can on this carriageway as its 70, but if i go pass at 60 then 70 dus that class that as i speedding can en one help me out thanks iv been driving for 6 years and not one ticket as im a carefull driver but

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

UK.Can anyone remember when police officers could be relied on to give good advice?
I popped into the local police station today because a friend was effecively told she by a police officer, that she was not allowed to defend herself if somebody attacked her.
I told the ...

Why do we have Sheriff's and Policemen?
What's the big difference between the Sheriff Dept, The Police Dept, The Constable and so forth? I mean why do we need that many different names for law enforcers and which ones out rank the ...

Give me an example of a felony?

Do you think police officers are entitled to the same respect as regular human beings?
Police treat us with little to no respect:
racial profiling
planting evidence
beating civilians
shooting civilians
etc...

All officers who are about to reply with ...

Should child molesters automatically receive the death penalty?
If not, find me a study that show conculsively that a child molester can be rehabilatated....

Which is more torturesome: 25 years in prison, or a death penalty?

Smoking in the car with Kids???
I live in Louisiana and I was told that they are passing a law that you cant smoke in the car if you have a child 60lbs and under!...

Can babies go to jail?
like if they are convicted of a crime....

Police officers?
do police officer in the US get their weapons(guns,mace, ammo,baton) issued to them or do they have to buy it on their own?...

Do you believe it takes a certain personality type to be a police officer?

What can I do if a PA state trooper pulled over the wrong person?
I was driving south bound on I-79 about 3 miles north of I-80. He came to the window asked for license, insurance, and registration. I gave it too him, he went back to his car and came back gave me ...

How we can define terrorisim?
what are the basis of terrorisim?...

What is the "right" answer to give when a law enforcement officer asks "Do you mind if I search your vehicle?"
We've all seen "Cops" and/or heard stories from friends on BOTH sides of the equation - cops who tell you of pulling over little old ladies for a busted taillight only to find $500,000 ...

Should National Service be re-introduced to help deal with persistent antisocial behaviour?
I don't mean just for young people either, there's plenty of older people who are guilty of anti-social behaviour, so I'm talking about all age groups not just young people.
A...

Is it against the law to "flip off" a police officer?
Would love some strong evidence here if you could....

Did anyone ever dial 911 by mistake and the cops showed up?
i did....

I just got a £60 fixed penalty notice for not displaying tax disc but?
it had fallen off the windscreen,and was clearly visible on the dashboard, can i complain?
it was a jobsworth statement if ever
Additional Details
i have witness and picture to ...

Can you be arrested if you don't sign a speeding ticket?
I just got done watching a video where a cop was going to arrest the guy b/c he refused to sign the ticket. Long story short, he got tasered for stupidy, but that is beside the point. I know that a ...

Should bush and blair be extradited to the hague for genocide against the world concise answers please?

Why do police feel they can do whatever they want now days?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links