Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

Does Kevlar really protect you from a bullet or does it just minimize impact?
Find answers to your legal question.

Does Kevlar really protect you from a bullet or does it just minimize impact?

A voice of authority please. Im looking for one that will just make painballs hurt less. I know the pain isnt that bad, but when they hit me in the chest it really hurts.

Postal Dude
Kevlar will stop a bullet but for paintballs, they sell special vests for it that actually breath better and are lighter. go to amazon.com

sammy0623
Rating
minimizes inpact. it will still leave a bruise but that beats the hell outta being shot

hello
Rating
Kevllar is designed to stop a bullet. They don't work on every bulett or every condition, but it is better than nothing. If you get shot with the vest on, it leaves a very painful bruise and makes you feel like you wish you were dead.

As far as paintballs, find something else to use. The vest is for stopping bulletts, not padding. You could use 100 other things better than a kevlar vest.

?
Rating
Kevlar is amazing it's true.
What it will stop depends on:

How many layers
If a "ceramic or Steel" trauma plate is also Incorporated
And of course the diameter of the round and it's velocity

For paintball use a vest that is sold by most all the major makers
of paintball safety equipment,affordable & effective.
"Always use eye protection"

---------------------------Have Fun !-------------------------------

ME
Rating
Kevlar is not bulletproof at all. Bullets will go right threw it. Kevlar is made to stop fragments from an explosive (why the military wears kevlar). if you wear kevlar paintballing though, you won't feel a thing.

cote8377
Rating
go to a local army/navy type of store and buy and old used bulletproof vest,it is alot more affordable then kevlar and will work to decrease the pain of impact

usmctexcowboy1371
Rating
i am united states marine and i know from getting shoot that a Kevlar ( helmet T will stop a 762 round if and i say if it hits the Kevlar at an angel if it hits at a 90 degree angle it Will penetrate

stealth_n700ms
Kevlar is to minimize impact of other things... such as gear falling atop you.

Kevlar.. to my knowledge may or may not even protect you from a 9mm round.

The M-16, 5.56mm round easily penetrates the kevlar.. So, with as much of the weaponry around these days that are more advanced than 5.56, you can only imagine, that a kevlar does nothing but possibly protect your head from an explosion of rock crumbling down on your head.

I've even see a rock crack a kevlar...

Paintballs...personally, I'd try to find something to wear with less weight. Kevlars were really annoying to me over in Iraq.. Especially if I was running, or patroling.. or doing some type of squad movement.

Good Luck to ya..

-- Rob :)~

Manevitch
Rating
Kevlar limits penetration by "grabbing" at the bullet with thousands of fibers. it wouldn't help you one bit in paintball. well, more to the point, it wouldn't help you any more than the same thickness of standard clothing would, because you'd be using it for its cushioning effect.

Wear layers of bulky clothes instead.

cindy_cee13
Kevlar is not bulletproof.

Biker
You dont need kevlar for a paintball game. I would suggest going to a dirt bike shop and buying a plastic chest protector.

bmwdriver11
Rating
What Kevlar is really for is to stop penetration, it doenst affect impact all that much. And since paintballs dont penetrate, it wont help you much. There are better and less expensive alternatives.

tyrsson58
Kevlar keeps the bullet from penetrating into your body, but Sir Isaac Newton requires that you still have to absorb the impact energy. Kevlar vests are quite pricey, and very over-powered for paintball.

Go to ebay and do a search on: paintball chest

to see some body armor especially designed for paintballers. You can probably also find some at your local sporting goods store.

Blunt Honesty
Kevlar will certainly make paint balls hurt less, but kevlar is not cheap.

Kimu
Rating
there are bullets out there that can penetrate body armour. kevlar doesn't work for everything unfortunately. as for paintball, like was said before, get a chest protector

Brian M
Rating
It depends on the kind of bullet. A guy I know who is in the US Army said they stop bullets from their standard guns which are M-16's

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What is the fastest way to contact the police?
My wife will be coming home from work around 1am... I have to work graveyard so I will not be able to help if she gets rob. What is the best way for her to contact the police if she gets rob? Is it ...

Here's a question for you..Security Officers...?
Okay, we all know that TV always shows security guards as old retired man sitting in a gatehouse or sat in a hut on a building site or they are younger guys who are "wannabe policemen" and ...

Why don't the cops arrest the drug dealers outside my window?
I work in an office building and these drug dealers are not very subtle, cars are always driving up to them and they exchange things all day long, I have called the cops before but they never did ...

Do you think female cops in the nypd are attractive?
I heard that female cops in the nypd are attractive. I don't know if it's real or not. I want to become a female cop too....

Police and the law>?
Are the motorway police allow to reverse up the hard shoulder of a motorway for 250yrads, purely to get back to a slip road, no emergency or any other reason that can be seen, they were however using ...

What ever happen to the Miranda Rights?
I have been arrested several times, never was I read my rights. Somebody told me that it does not matter because when I go to court the Judge reads them to you. Someone else told me if they don'...

What discount do police staff get?
I've just started working for the police working with the dogs and heard you can get alot of discount in places. Does anyone know where I can get a list of the places or know anywhere that gives ...

What is your answer to the rise in gun crime in the UK?
Do not say ''Arm the police'' because that will simply make you look stupid.

Please, do you really want some spiked hair teenager with a gun in his hand looking out for ...

If there is a bench warrant out for my daughter's father what can I do to help with getting him arrested?
I live in michigan, wayne county, the warrant was issued march 16th, I am tired of him getting away with not paying child support for over 2 years (my daughter is 2) and even though it's for the ...

Why wouldn't a narcotics officer arrest someone during a drug raid when a huge amount of meth was found?
About a year ago my neighbor was busted with a large amount of meth (about 3 ounces) along with distribution supplies (baggies, scales etc.) and ten thousand dollars. He has been out on bond, ...

I committed a crime ( I killed someone) payed my time. what type of jobs or careers can i get?

Speeding ticket what to say to get out of it ??
So i got a $150 speeding ticket while passing through PA. I need to get out of it. Im 17 and my insurance will skyrocket with the points. What do i do guys?...

I have tricked my neighbors - can I get in trouble for this?
I got my grandson to download a whole bunch of barking dog mp3s and I put them into a big list on itunes on my computer. I play it and turn my speakers up as loud as they'll go and I leave it on ...

Is it possible to be friends with a police officer?

Proper punishment for a parent whose toddler dies in a hot car?
I was just watching MSNBC, where the grandmother of a toddler who died in a hot car said to give her daughter a break...tragic accidents happen, and it's not the community's role to call ...

Leaving letter to my parents..?
I'll be 19 in March.

I won't even tell the whole story, but here's the little version.

I make good money, all of it goes to my parents by force. I get 50 dollars ...

Speeding fine.?
can anyone pls advice me on how to appeal for speeding fine. i got a spending fine on a A2 road work area. twice within two weeks without knowing(that 6 points on my linsence). its just been placed ...

Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket (comment)? How fast were you going and how much was the ticket?
i have a court day ...

Does a police officer have to read you your rights if he arrests you and take you to the police station?

What are your actual rights if a cop pulls you over?
I'm just curious, and I think it's important to know your rights. The police often like to try and trick you into believing that you have none. Do you know what your rights are, in terms ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, December 17, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links