Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

Does a probation officer have the right to talk about my relationship with my boyfriend?
Find answers to your legal question.

Does a probation officer have the right to talk about my relationship with my boyfriend?

Everytime I go to my meeting he tells me how stupid I am for living with my boyfriend of 5 years. How Im going no place in like with him...how he is never going to want to marry a criminal like me! He just goes on and on in a way that makes me feel uncomftorable. My boyfriend has nothing to do with why i am on probation, so does my PO have the right to say things like that all the time?
Additional Details
I am afraid reporting it will get me in more trouble somehow...that the PO will say it's not true

GiGi
Rating
Like above answers, I would report him. Not in a nasty way, but tell them how uncomfortable it makes you. And they do not have any business being up in your private life. It's different if you are on parole. Or if he is, but otherwise, he's just being nosy and really infringing on your privacy. You can report him anonymously.

FRAGINAL-NOYPI
Rating
A Probation Officer has no right to ask questions that are not linked to the case. It is an abuse of authority and must be reported to his superior.

tigerlilliebuick
Rating
No. That is an invasion of your personal life. I would complain to the proper authorities about this behaviour and request a different p.o. preferably a woman given your situation

hello
Rating
he had a first amendment right to talk about whatever he wants. Part of probation is recovery and getting you life back strait. he obviously feels your boyfriend is a problem. How many times do you need to be reminded of your crime?

northeaststudent2005
no

Rick C
Can you bring your boyfriend to the next meeting?

Thankyou4givengmeaheadache
YOUR probation officer can talk to YOU about pretty much anything. Your life is not your own when your on probation. However....this hardly seems like an overly bright approach on his part. Anyhow......it's really not worth worrying about....just get through the probation even if you have to grit your teeth and hold your tongue. It is the only way. Be the bigger person.

This has nothing to do with the case, and he is not doing his job right. Report him to the courts.

fr_chuck
Rating
yes he is fairly well free to talk to you as it likes, some are better and some are worst

One Big Daddy
Its just an opinion, talk to his supervisor

eldoradoman1953
Rating
he wants to bump you or your boy friend one

goldielocks123
Yes, he does. But that part about him not wanting to marry you because you are a criminal is really cruel. He's a bully and he's using the system to do it. I think you have a right to talk with his supervisor about it. I think he's just abusive and some men in those positions tend to mistreat women. You did your time and apparently keeping the rules of your parole.

cincinnatus
Keep your mouth shut and do your time. So your "uncomfortable" so what. Remember don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

I AM
Rating
He doesn't, so tell him to f**k off, you can't get in trouble, tell him you are gong to report him to , Internal affairs. Your in the right , never fear. peace out.
I AM

Cattlemanbob
Rating
Yup! YOur probation officer is concerned about you going back to jail, so even if hi/she is waaaay off base and talking about something that has nothing to do with you, that just might be the way he sees it and you get to listen to his opinion.

Amberlyn4
Yes I am afraid he does have the right to ask about your boyfriend because you live with him. Now if you didnt live with him it would be different. The probation officer has the right to know who is living with you, their record if any, where they work etc. because you are affected by this person. The PO's job is to make sure you do what you need to do so if he is making it hard for you to do what your PO wants then he is detrimental to you.

fortitudinousskeptic
Rating
You should be worried less about your rights and worried more about becoming a productive citizen to society rather than one of society's liabilities. We're tired of carrying your weight around.

cindy
my boy friend and i live together for the last 4 years while hes on probation i asked him to live with me cause im not capable of looking after my self he was my care giver

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What would you do if you saw a chicken driving recklessly in a car?

What would you do if a cop beat up your 15 year old daughter?
http://www.youtube.com/w press charges?
sue?...

Gosh seriously why are pigs always eating donuts and coffee?
and they never share...
Additional Details
pshhhh i be payin there paycheck wit ma taxes! they should have sum respect ...

If you get DWI DUI with a suspension in one state are you able to drive in another?
My girlfriend got DWI in Missouri and her license was suspended. She swears up and down that she is completely legal to drive as long as she doesn'e drive in Missouri. This can't be ...

Will I go to Jail? Please Answer?
If i accidently ran over a child that jumped out in front of me for a joke, he didnt die, just mild brain ...

What do you think about this Police video?
This woman was stressed and emotional to see her father in the emergency room. The police officer pulled her over for speeding, because we all know thats the most dangerous crime in this country, ...

Are police cars allowed to skip red lights if responding to emergencies?

I need very serious help. What would you do?
A friend of mine is serving time in prison for burglary. He wrote me a letter confessing to a murder he committed six years ago. I am in shock. Should I alert the authorities? He asked me to keep ...

What is the maximum sentence?
What is the maximum sentence for bringing a small amount of cannabis from the netherlands into the UK?...

Why are American law enforcement suppressing human rights?

If you are arrested and the cop can't testify against you do they drop the charges?
My girlfriend was pulled over and arrested with 5 counts. The next night the cop was shot and killed(very tragic story) with out him to testify will they have to drop the charges. What happens in a ...

Do i have an arrest warrent in the state of texas?
i was told i have a warrent in corpus christy texas. ive never been there i need to know whats going on....

If a suspect injures or kills a police K9, is the punishment the same as harming a human police officer?

What do american police say when the arrest someone?
it should be something like this
NAME i am arresting you on suspicion of CRIME, you do not have to day anything but anything you do say may be used and given in evidence (british police) what ...

If a man is getting a disability social security check and goes to prison for murder will he still get a check

What are the odds of me getting beaten up by the Police for no reason?
I'm Black, drive a Mercedes, and am a Physician....

Police brutality and african-americans?
With the police abusing their power against african-americans more and more, how can any black person justify becoming a cop? One time is too many, and we have seen or known of this happening, and ...

Do you think the police in youre area do there best?
for me no they dont its still a daily accurance that you hear of a stabbing or and ...

I need your opnion?
I am a single female, I want to purchase a gun. my question is what kind would u recomend I am a tiny female. Yes I know how to shoot guns, and I also plan on getting a permit. jsut wnat to know some ...

Can a cop arrest me for driving on a freeway 'closed' due to snow/ice?
I needed to use a freeway, but it was closed due to snow, ice, and dangerous wind conditions. But I'm a good driver, I have a 4WD truck, and I chained up all four tires, so, I was set to go.

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Saturday, August 23, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links