Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

Does it cost money when you call 911?
Find answers to your legal question.

Does it cost money when you call 911?

i called the cops on the non emergency line and was woundering if it costs me money to do so. what about calling 911?

Mommyk232
911 is free- but should only be used for emergencies

NONAME
Rating
Yeah.. And it costs money to have the option of calling 911. 911 tax.

Leogirl0804
Rating
911, costs you a monthly fee on your phone bill. Of course if you abuse 911, then it can cost you plenty. but calls are free on 911.

Thanks for the Yahoo Jacket
In some areas it costs a dollar to call.

Coach

Satin Sheets
Not unless it's a false call then it could cost you jail time as all calls show your phone number and address if you call 911.

lisa forgue
actually their are occasions were they do charge some fees , on your phone bills, but not for their actual services, unless their is some kind of abuse on the 911 system itself

Muse
Rating
If the non emergency number is local, or an established three digit number (like 511), then no. It does not cost money.

Calling 911 on a landline is also free of charge, aside from a 911 service fee that is on your phone bill as part of the regular billing whether you call the number or not.

911 does not use minutes on my cellphone plan, but I am not sure if this is the case for all cellular providers.

4evernalways
Rating
I dont think so. I am not sure. Probably not.

ddnguyen9
Rating
No it doesn't cost any money to call the non-emergency number or the emergency number. The taxes you pay, pays for it.

toobusytostress
No it does not.
But please -- only for LIFE AND DEATH emergencies.

At many agencies - its the same operators answering 911 and non emergency lines. We just have policies on how fast we have to pick up the 911s.
Remember that when someone calls 911 for a non emergency,
it means a 8-10 second delay for someone that may have a REAL emergency.

You can be cited for 911 abuse and even arrested, if you call over and over just for the fun of it.

bartman40467
non-emergency will cost ya if it was long distance.
911 is free but should only be used in an emergency.

Victoria
i think its 50 cents but if it was a non ememergency line i doubt it

gabs4_28
Rating
LOL its free

Luis
Rating
no it doesn't

Flumma
In Australia 000 is free so im assuming 911 also is free.

Roger Vadim
no, we all pay for it anyway!

Jason C
911 is for emergencies only and is paid for by our taxes. If the phone # you are trying to reach is not an 800 number or is long distance, you will have to pay for it.

Lovelander
Rating
funny where I live it cost $300 for a false alarm or for a real emergency.

♥Love-Letter♥
nope because you tax money pays for it!

Call All you want!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What can be done about gun crime in Britain?
visit this blog.
http://tamesidecitizen.b...

It is a concidered opinion, of mine, that the Goverment, both National and Local, have allowed a monster to ..
.. grow and perpetuate! The situation has now gotten so bad, that they are afraid to even mention it, let alone do anything about it! The POLICE! They are now a law unto themselves. We are the only ...

Serial killer?
II think I had a run in with a potential serial killer today. I was at work and this man came in and bought a lot of stuff and asked me if I could 'deliver' his purchases seeing as he has ...

Have you been arrested and why?
Was it something minor, embarrassing or were you being very naughty?...

'Officer friendly"?
WHO are the policeman that you see at night wearing black tactical uniforms NO.... It'S not the Swat Team, FBI, ATF, or DEA with the sunglass on, riding in special cars, with smoke coming ...

Why is it animals are treated better then people in prison?

I turned my CHEATING ex-boyfriend into the police?
Because I knew he had outstanding warrants. He'll be off the street for a while now. lol

Does that make me a bad person!? I mean come on! He's the one who broke the law, right?...

Is it illegal to kiss in a public place???

What is it like doing time in prison?

Additional Details
PLEASE dont answer if you havent been in prison......

A question about forgery????.....read here.......anyone in law enforcement?
My uncle was married for 25 years to a woman who turned into a meth head 2 years ago. They have been divorced for about a year now. Yesterday, she came to his house to "visit her grown son"...

Can the police seize a car that marijuna was found in but it is not the owner of the vechicle that was driving
my husband had marijuna it my vechicle and was pulled over. We are no longer together but he borrowed my car. My vechile has now been seized by police. What can I do to get it back....

Domestic violence?
There are my neighbours, they fight all the time, he throws chairs at her, and throws her against the wall, and she screams, and their children scream. One day it was worse than ever, so I called ...

Is it illegal to buy a baby from a crackhead?
if a crackhead were to come up to you and say "will you buy my baby for 70 bucks?" Can you buy it and take it to the police or somewheres. Your buying it for the childs future so how can ...

Ref:Help! I have been charged for Breastfeeding my baby and using the hard shoulder of the motorway to do so?
I have posted a previous question so please refer to this. I just want to say that my daughter is my whole world I would never do anything to hurt her or put her in harms way. She is the only family I...

If I got pulled over by a policeman for speeding.........?
Should I accept the ticket or ask nicely for a spanking instead?
Think he'd give it?...

Assault if some one uses martial arts in an assault what would the charges be?
if someone used martial arts when assaulting you would they be worse off if there were charges ...

What's a safe color to wear when strolling through gang-infested areas?

Do cell-phone users tend to think they are above the law?

When did cops start being an army?
Why do they need sniper rifles , machine guns and assault rifles?
Additional Details
Some even have frag grenades....

What is the minimum age that a person can sell serve alcohol in a pub or private club?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, October 31, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links