Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

Does my parole officer have the right to come into my house unannounced??
Find answers to your legal question.

Does my parole officer have the right to come into my house unannounced??

he's making life hard on me. wanting to know why i haven't found a job yet, throwing out my beer and having the nerve to tell me i need to clean up my place and get rid of my trash! now what is he....the health inspector??? can i sue him for tresspass and pain and suffering??? next he's going to want to see my yahoo answers page!!!
Additional Details
i can't find my release papers...

Mr Placid
Remember that piece of paper you signed, with the words "Conditions of Parole" on the top? I am sure it contains a clause that states that you are subject to search at anytime, anywhere, by any peace officer, whether probable cause exists or not.

Live with it. If you don't like it, you have an alternative. Return to prison and finish your sentence.

THE WRAITH OF GOD IS COMING
Your under the States Custudy and if you had beer you are lucky not to be back in jail.

Angelus2007
Rating
I honestly don't think you are serious. Because if you are, you will probably be back in prison soon. But I will answer this as if you are serious. Heck, feel like earning my 2 points.

He does have the right, it is a condition of parole, if you violate any conditions you could be put back in prison for the duration of your sentence.

art v
Rating
Looks like you want to go back to prison. Keep it up and you will be there soon. You don't get it do you?

I don't know what state you are in. In CA it is not uncommon that paroles can't possess alcohol. So maybe you should shut your trap and be thankful that you haven't been violated yet.

michael t
yes he does ..... you signed your rights away when you accepted parole..... parole is legally a continuation of your sentence outside of lockup

Pamela
Hehehe... throw your beer my way, I'll save it for you, LOL!

Charlie Fingers
Rating
Yes and you know it too. You signed away your rights to privacy when you agreed to probation and they made sure you knew.

Next question

.. .this can't be good
Sadly, your parole is a privelege and yes, he can do all these things. The best course you can take is to cooperate and not provoke him further. Once he sees you are trying, he will see that you are clean and tire of bothering you.

dazzlerdaz
Dont mess around anymore or you will be in the clink !!!!!
Please try and sort your life out now because its never to late to turn things around. Good luck.

Byron
Maybe he will cut you some slack if you offer to take a special "breathalyzer test".

arrestedamilliontimes
My probation officer didn't come to my house, or my job, or check up on me at all. I was almost disappointed. One day she sent me a letter telling me not to come back and check in with her anymore. I don't get these POs.

I am so glad I am not on probation anymore and not under someone's watch....

biwagirl20a
Yes he can. He is your shadow until you are off parole. His job is to try to make you into a decent, productive member of society so you don't re-offend.

Why not try taking his advice?

riordanjsca
You bet he can.!! Lose the beer and get a job.When you are on parole your options are very limited,stay out of trouble and you don't have to ever worry about it.

half way there
tell the po he is no longer aloud there and needs a half way house or shelter

Jason
I Know Someone Who Has Not Reported To There Parole Officer In Five Years What Can Happen To Tham

Mry.tores
My son has a parol officer who is a real B and wants everyone to treat her with respect , she told my son if we had any or gave her problems he has 5 days to move out. she told us she could tell us what we can and cannot do . If she wants to come to MY HOUSE i'm fine with it anytime we just ask for some respect from her .who can we complain to about her. I just dont want her to take it out on my son

Rhonda
I am going thru something similiar. I need help and I need it fast. I have a son paroled to my home without my consent. My son is 25 when it 1st happened i told the agents I did'nt want this to take place at my home, he insisted that my son had to stay here. The parole agent said as long as my son is on parole it will be like i'm on parole. The agent calls my cell phone all hours of the night. The agent has came to my home with the police and arrested my son, after my son was taken away from my home the police raided my home, they did not find anything, nor do I know what they were looking for. My son was released 10 days later after he went to board. This is one of many things that have happened in the passed year 1 1/2. Can someone tell me what I can do to become untied to this agency?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Is it legal to date a minor? If its OK with the parents?
my family said its not legal to date a minor.. even if your parents say its OK.. is this true?...

Smoking in public?
Should smoking in public places be illegal or ...

Do all cops like donuts?

Do cops go home and say to themself "ahh I am a real man"?
power ...

Do you keep being stopped by police?
If you have a hobby like train or plane spotting, bird watching or any other unusual activity.
I take lots of photos recording local history changes of shops, buildings, statues, trees ect. P...

If a person is sick and can't go to court what should they do so they don't get warrant for their arrest
let's say a person has to go to court and they get really sick the night before and they have to spend the night in the hospital. What should they do? Can they call the court in the morning from ...

What happens if I take longer than 30 days to pay my traffic ticket?
I'm struggling with money right now and I was kinda putting it off but I just wanted to know what's the worse that can happen?...

Do police departments usually do random or scheduled drug testing on police officers?

Can you get fined for not having your driver's licence when driving?

Is college a waste of money?
Colleges only seem to have leftist weirdoes or drunken athletic brats. I wish someone would stand up to these leftist philosophies. I wish I could end their braternity parties. Call the cops....

Right to refuse search?
I'm very confused about my right to refuse a search of my car by a cop. (this is hypothetical) Okay, say I got pulled over and I play it cool even if i had some sort of illegal substance in my ...

I just found out my roommate takes marijuana injections. what shall i do?
she takes it for pleasure....

Will las vegas nevada police dept. hire me if I have been to jail?
Is it possible to become a police officer when you have been to jail for moving violations?
The tickets weren't paid until 5 warrants for arrest were issued and the person was put in jail ...

My bf just got caught for speeding.?
He was going 51 and a 25. Will he loose his liscense? He's 23....

What do police think about this video?
http://www.youtube.com/w Details
Wrong the constitution gives me the right to travel FREE and UNINCUMBERED.

That constitution ...

I don't understand this sentence in my book...?
I don't understand a sentence in my book.

In one part of the book, it's talking about what you should do when pulled over by a police officer. The section something like this:<...

Cops Only >?
I know this in an oldie but...
What could you do if you gave me a ticket..and i replied..."Bad Cop...No Donut."
Additional Details
Adding:
i would not have anything ...

In PA....Are you aloud to move out of the state?
If you are out on 50,000 dollar bail?
Additional Details
Its not me who is out on bail!!...

I got pulled over in Nevada by the Henderson PD for no reason...?
I was on my way to work @ 3am and I just passed a cop at the intersection driving under the speed limit, he followed me for 2 miles and pulled me and didn't tell why he pulled me over, what can I...

Why do cops carry guns, but never use them?
Honestly, I watch cops often, and they never use their gun, If the criminal gets shot, I will have a big smile on my face, but that hasn't happened yet, why?

I want to hear the ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Sunday, November 23, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links