Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

Driving without a license in Texas?
Find answers to your legal question.

Driving without a license in Texas?

I am about 100% sure I'm right on this, but isn't it the law that if you are pulled over while having no licence (or suspended) the officer is to arrest the driver and impound the car regardless of the owner? (i.e borrowed, not stolen) (excluding discretion of course)

Dagwood347
You CAN be arrested for driving without a license. The term used is "instanter", as you are required to post bond before being released. You can be cited and released as well. As far as towing the vehicle, this answer relies on department policy.

Driving with a suspended license in Texas is a Class C misdemeanor Iticket) except when a person has been previously convicted of DWLI (Driving While License Invalid), the suspension is related to an offense involving alcohol, or if the person does not have proof of insurance. In these cases, the offense is a Class B misdemeanor and the person will be arrested.

boodou6
Rating
Yes, but also you can just be cited for the crime if the cop is feeling nice and have someone else drive your car.

taking the asvab 4th week N june
Rating
No its not against the law.
You drove with out your L's is a serious traffic offense in the state of TX.
Authority's could relate believes of you linking to other none L's drivers who could be illegals.

Im a ex TX state police for 3 year's.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Second Traffic Ticket..I'm lost?
I got a traffic ticket in October 2009 from one of those cameras because I didn't slow down while making a right turn. I did traffic school for it and got it off my record. Now 7 months later, I...

what is the strongest mace/pepper spray that I can buy for my mom?
Recently, theres been a lot of robbery going on in my area, and I want to get this for my mom. The robbers are all targeting asian elders. It is pretty Upsetting because they are just picking on ...

I got a ticket with my learners will it get suspended?
I got a ticket today going 55 in a 35 i only have my learners permit. I am wondering if i will lose my permit or have my license test pushed back? This is for the state of PA. Any answers are much ...

What will happen if you don't take a deal the D.A. has offered?
I have to go to court for theft of 1100 dollars and altering bank accounts. The D.A. offered and deal to my lawyer saying they can make this 1 offense and I plead guilty to embezzlement and do 2 ...

Questions about our prison rules and procedures?
Can you have any type of pictures when your in prison?
Can a guard search you at anytime or do they have to have probable cause?
When you get strip search is it in private or out in the ...

Don't you agree that there's a huge difference between true gender equality and affirmative action?
Affirmative action means lowering standards for females so that more can pass, but being a cop fighting crime in the streets, or fighting as a soldier in a battlefield is NO place for political ...

Not talk to investigators?
Saw a tid-bit on the internet yesterday, "Never talk to investigators, get a lawyer."
Seems strange to me.
Seems to me if one is up front with the investigators that's the ...

Which .45 colt did the NSW police use during the 1940's and 50's?

Motorway patrol..............?
So what powers do these guys have?!?! you know the ones leisurely driving at 70mph in their environmentally friendly 4X4's.... Can they arrest etc....? The only reason I ask is I broke down was ...

Does the United States Secret Service hire Uniformed Officers to become special agents?

Additional Details
I mean from within the Secret Service Uniformed Division....

If I join the United States Secret Service as an officer and then want to become an agent,what is the process?

re specifcation to illegal knives.?
I have read the penal code but its not clear as to wether or not you can carry a knife that is loose enough to simply flip open.. also you can buy knives almost anywhere! that have an exension thhat ...

Should we impose tax on them since they enjoy more in public facility than others?
http://i895.photobucket....

When does the FBI get involved in the kidnapping of a child...?
....or are they involved from the beginning?...

Can the police use a confession in court if i'm not read my miranda rights, during a questioning?
I'm 14 years old and I'm a freshman.I know they don't read you your Miranda rights until you are arrested, but since i didn't know i didn't have to say anything since it was ...

What's the difference between jail and prison?
Which one is worse?...

why are police allowed to carry self protection but we are not?
They have batons and CS spray here in the UK. Why is it legal for them to have these items for self protection but if we carry them it is against the law. Is that not a double standard?
A...

is this good enough to go to the police station?
ok so last month a bought a bb pearl at a cricket store. i had not had any problems until wednesday. i was trying to put the password on the phone but it suddenly turned off and i was not able to ...

How much will my fine and Insurance increase for speeding?
I am a 17 year-old student on my parents Car Insurance Plan (AAA) and we are currently paying over $1000 a year. I was pulled over for going 40 on a 30 and this is my second ticket, unfortunately ...

Can I get done for this?
Ok, I attempted to hack the school wifi APs (Access points, Wireless points) today, And someone told on me, So the technition of the school came to where the access point I was hacing into was and ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, October 31, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links