Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

Federal laws prohibiting weapons in commercial vehicles?
Find answers to your legal question.

Federal laws prohibiting weapons in commercial vehicles?

Context is 18 wheel trucks, interstate commerce, DOT, FMCS, Title 18, or any Federal law prohibiting or regulating carrying of firearms in the big trucks. Can you provide the actual law # so I can look it up? Thanks
(Yes I realize each State will have their own laws.)
Additional Details
This is not a 2nd Amendment issue since by volunteering into a regulated enterprise (class A license (CDL), engaging in interstate commerce, etc) one may have waived some rights and become subject to laws not applicable to the general public.

Stuart
Rating
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration governs the conduct of commercial motor vehicles nationwide.

However, according to TITLE 18--CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE

PART I--CRIMES

CHAPTER 44--FIREARMS

Sec. 926A. Interstate transportation of firearms

Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or
regulation of a State or any political subdivision thereof, any person
who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from transporting,
shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a
firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully
possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully
possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the
firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being
transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the
passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle: Provided, That in
the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver's
compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked
container other than the glove compartment or console.

So, it looks like you can legally carry a gun, but no trucking company on the planet would let you keep your job if you were found to have it.

Weigh the need for the gun against the need for the job.

- Stuart

MP US Army
I do not know of a federal law that prohibits or regulates what kind of weapons can be carried in a commercial vehicle.

PPwallawalla
Do not listen to what any nay sayer or brain washed clown has to say on this issue. The constitution of the US gives -everyone- the right to bare arms. That's all there is to it. The rest of the add-ons, locally, county, state and federally to this idea that suggest you may not carry any type of weapon is unconstitutional and unamerican. You MUST carry a weapon, and all those throughout history who have failed to do so have been exterminated by those who do bare arms. This is survival of the fittest. Our wise founding fathers had this same issue arise before that wrote our constitution as it has been in some many nations before and after ours. Once the masses lose their guns and live in fear, they are then exterminated and lost. German, korean, russia, china and many more have suffered from this frame of mind, do not let it happen to you and your brothers. http://www.geocities.com/LadyLiberty_1776/RightBareArms.html Read this website, and many others, on the facts of how throughout history men and women have been disarmed and then exterminated by the people who promised you 'safety'. The only person who will keep you and yours safe is you, get guns, get bullets and keep your freedom or die in the seat of your truck.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Plastic Knuckles illegal in CA?
I'm Not Going to Take It Outside or Anything, I Collect Knives so i thought it'd be nice to have anyway. I will probably use them to see how strong they are though. Is it legal to get the ...

Who can get a restraining order?
it almost seems like if you dump anyone aand he/she calls you, texts you etc till they calm down tough you tell them it is over and to not contact them, you can get a restraining order?
don'...

Domestic Violence question?
I live in FL. My wife is prone to violence toward me at times. She told me the another day that our marriage is over and that we'll just live together for the kids sake. She's hit me before,...

How would you respond to a security officer ?
How would you respond to a security officer who said: “I don’t need to know anything about use of force, officer safety, or defensive tactics. All I ever do is sit at this access desk”?...

If you are a school bus driver or a police officer please read this I need help thanks?
this is my question please go here

http://answers.yahoo.com...

Where do gangsters conceal their firearms?

Do You Think 3 Years Is An Adequate Sentence For Killing A Young Girl?
Ex PC John Dougal was jailed for 3 years today by Newcastle Crown Court for killing 16 year old Hayley Adamson. He reached speeds of 94 mph with no lights, or sirens going on his Police car. P...

Question about being drunk in the passengers seat?
ok i got a question...lets say my friend is driving and he is buzzed and would get a DUI...and im in the passenger seat im also 21. and a cop pulls us over...i know my friend will get arrested for ...

Are police officers good swimmers or are they okay swimmers?

What can you send an inmate in jail?
Here are my ideas for my friend:

1. Coloring books + crayons
2. Candy
3. Temporary tattoos (she would get a kick out of it)
4. Cigarettes?
5. Make up

and any ...

If you found a suitcase full of diamonds,would you turn it into the police ?

Can the police arrest you just because they hit you and you hit them back in a demonstration?
Can the police take you to the police station or arrest you just because you hit them back when they hit you and they take you to the police station without telling you why they arrested other than ...

How can the police make sure drugs or illegal substances are not contained in mail from outside the country?
Do they scan every piece of mail? That would be unrealistic. However, there must be a way they control mail. Otherwise people would just smuggle drugs by sending them in packages or envelopes risk-...

The Jonbenet Ramsey case?Will it be unsolved forever?

Prosecutors Will Not Release Karst Tates Identity .....?
http://www.ajc.com/metro
This guy supposedly attacks the Dutch royal family and the Prosecutors will not tell people who he is....

What does it mean when they say a driver is intoxicated?

Additional Details
what is the difference with under the inflence?...

What is Self defense definition in the law?
Will I be free from charges if I have killed someone (who is already well known as a criminal and bothering the community) who threatening me? At least that person intended to hurt me until I got my ...

Ever been tased??????
How did it feel??...

I never did traffic school but paid my traffic ticket?
I completely forgot I was supposed to do traffic school to take off the point on my record for a stop sign violation. I did pay my ticket on time. What will happen to me since I never did the traffic ...

Is it worth appealing against my parking ticket?
i went to the museam yesterday an parked out side. it was pay an display so i got my ticket frm the machine an placed nicely on dash board for traffic warden to see. the ticket didnt have a sticky ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, April 24, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links