Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

First Offense Class D Felony For Theft?
Find answers to your legal question.

First Offense Class D Felony For Theft?

I have a friend of mine who is being charged with a class d felony theft. He has been working for the company for about a year and let it slip about him stealing a product from work. He confessed to stealing it and a bunch of other stuff totaling about $3,000. He wrote out a confession statements to the company of everything that was stolen and agreed to turn everything back over to the company. The GM of the store drove him home to get the rest of the stuff that was taken from the company. It is his first time ever being in trouble and spend a couple of days in jail before one of our friends bailed him out. The judge dropped his bail down since it was his first offense and said, " If you can get out the next couple of days I'll go ahead and lower your bail." He has contacted a public defender to help in the case to hopefully get no jail time since he is supporting a wife right now who is having trouble finding work. It is his first time ever being in trouble and is there anything he can do to help his case.

What are the chances of him looking at jail time compared to probation and community service. We live in Bloomington, Indiana.

I know what I know
Rating
No jail on felony charge!? That will be tough sell. He might consult some Attorneys who offer free office visit to get as much info as possible. He could also visit the forum site below that deals with questions from accused shoplifters

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

CAN EX CONFICTS BECOME FIREFIGHTERS ?
does anyone have any information on whether an ex inmate can become a firefighter once they are released from ...

Now I know some states that sentence capital punishment will let the convicted choose which way they die.?
But does any state still let the convicted choose to be linched?...

How can you have parole if you have been deported?
My best friends cousin was deported and she told me he had gotten arrested for not going to his parole officer. That doesn't make any sense? How do you check with your parole officer if you got ...

Emt & fire brigade question?
Just wanted to know if papermills and refineries are required to have some sort of fire brigade and EMT personnel ready there all the time?
All of ours turned their gear in today thanx to ...

Shoplifting Caught on Camera?
If you went to the police station and they told you they had footage of you stealing could you ask to see the footage and would they let you see it?...

How hard is it to get hired as a police officer?
after college, how many departments should i apply to in order to have a fair chance of getting hired? i hear people only have a 3 in 100 chance of getting hired but does that logic hold true to ...

Can my husband get arrested in Illinois if he has a warrant for not appearing for a traffic ticket in Texas?
Don't ask me why he didn't appear, but we just found out he has a warrant in Texas for not appearing for a speeding ticket,and proof of insurance. This was back in 2005. But a letter came ...

I just got misdemeanor citation for petty theft under 25 dollars. What'll likely happen?
Seemingly, the place just wanted to find a reason to get rid of me after I had already put my 2 weeks notice. Unfortunately, one of the things I confessed to "stealing" I wasn't even ...

Someone broke into your house, and you know who it was?
What if someone broke into your house and stole valuable items. Say they stole your guitar and Xbox console.

You know who did the crime, but you didn't catch them. What can you do? <...

My boyfriend got charged with felony five two charges of receiving. I can't find anywhere the max time for it.?
He has never been convicted of any other felonies, he doesn't have much on his record except for misdameanor charges none on theft or anything to that nature and hasn't been in trouble in 2 ...

Does anyone know how to do works cited!?
help me out! i have a paper do on tuesday....i have to have 2 books and 3 website pages.....what is tha first thing i need to do?...

ABOUT POLICE WORK!!!?
ok i want to know i am 18 years old and i know i have to be 21 to become a police officer but is there any work i can do at all for the police like can i be 18 and work at a reception desk or a ...

I am comparing calibers to buy a new glock compact 9mm or 45?
Who has actually been in the situation where they've shot and killed someone who attacked them, and what Gun and Ammo did you have? Also, what problems did you have? I think the nine is light ...

If someone lives in TX and they want to sue someone in CA in small claims does the CA person have to fly to TX?

Additional Details
If the offense occured in CA but the person who wants to sue lives in TX....

What do you think about this when a cop is wrong and gets caught for it?
http://www.youtube.com/w...

Im 13 and i want to know how i can become a bail enforcement agent when i grow up? what schools?

What day is ti going to jail?
ti is a good man he is going to jail march but i dont know what ...

What Really makes Police officers angry?
Would you ever do this ?
http://www.youtube.com/w...

If you have a charge and you completed the probation and never been in trouble will that stop u becoming a cop?

Additional Details
Its a misd. its was a pbj the case has been closed for almost 2 years ...

No criminal record, but am I going to jail or probation and community service?
I was arrested and taken to jail for "criminal trespassing" All that really happened was i was at my old school and had already recieved a warning last year, but i went and they called ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, August 27, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links