Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

HELP! Probation in one state, new charges in another?
Find answers to your legal question.

HELP! Probation in one state, new charges in another?

Person was just arrested about 4 hours ago. Is on probation in Mississippi and was arrested in Alabama. Does anyone know what usually happens in a case where someone is on probation in one state and receives new charges in another? Do they usually get bond or transferred back to the state where the probation is? Please anyone, help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Additional Details
probation is nonadjudicated

Nightrider
Rating
From the above, he is going to sit in an Alabama jail on a "no bond" detainer until the legal issue he was arrested for is dealt with. To clarify, he will be given an arraignment for the current charge, and he will more than likely be given a bond amount, but he will have a "no bond" order stemming from the probation violation, so even if he pays the first bond notice, he isn't going anywhere.

Once the Alabama case is disposed of, he will then be extradited back to Mississippi. If he left the state without the written permission of his probation officer, he may be looking at a new charge of Fugitive from Justice, which is the standard charge when a person under supervision crosses a state line in violation of the probation order. That charge carries a 5 year sentence.

If he is lucky, he will not receive a new charge and just have his probation revoked, go through a revocation hearing and serve his original sentence.

I hope this helps and you can find it useful

Weekend Repairman
More than likely if the charges are serious enough, he will remain in Alabama jail until the charges are followed through.

In addition, Mississipi will more than likely put a probation detainer on him, so when he returns, he'll be sitting in their jail.

psychoticinferno
while on probation you're not supposed to cross state lines, this person is going to prison in mississippi

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Will he get out..or not?
if somebody was in prison for domestic violence third offense and then was doing good on parole and then he got an assault charge and went back to jail... there is a settlement conference tomorrow ...

When will ti get out of jail?

Out of state Speeding ticket.?
I recently moved to North Carolina from New York. I do not plan on being here that long and still have my New york license and insurance through new york state. I received a speeding ticket of 44 in ...

If the chain of custody was not signed and dated on the day it was tested would that be a break in the chain?

My boyfriend is drunk he just through me against the wall and sat on me..... Please Read?
We've been together 5 years. I asked him why did he eat my daughter's sandwiches, and he immedaily got in my face and pushed me on the bed. I was trying to free myself and I started ...

What can I do about Lefties and Union Thugs hanging out in front of my house?
We are talking about massive quantities! My neighbors have noticed and called the cops. There has been an increased police presence. Most of them are short elderly white guys. Some are stout ...

I know you can be arrested for hurting someone, but can you be committed for threatening to hurt yourself?

Additional Details
I meant that I know you can be arrestef for THREATENING to hurt someone....

What will it take to wipe the smile off bernard madoffs face?
ever notice the stupid smirk he gives? any chance of his lawyers getting him out? until june?...

Seeking a Appeal with Calif. Dept. of Corrections?
After waiting for over 9 months my husband finally got assigned a Background investigator - He forgot to tell him that he was also in the process with the CHP & Riverside Cnty Sheriffs - So he ...

Do mentalists really work with the police officially?
I've been watching the CBS TV show recently, and was wondering if police (around the world even?) really work with mentalists.

Thanks!...

Can I call the police?
Me friend owes me $200 and she said shell pay me 5 months ago and she still hasn't. I dunno how to get a hold of her!! What should I do?? Should I involve the police??...

When traveling to and from the gun range, what is the lawful way to transport my peace?
Do i keep it in the glove box? On the seat?

I live in KY...

Is it bad to judge people based on a bad police report they have?

Can they pinpoint the location of previously made cell phone calls?
I know they can triangulate on a current cell phone signal, but can they also figure out the location that a previous call was made from?...

Can i be legally in trouble for this?
i live in long beach cali...anyways, i have a drivers permit and i got into an accident with another woman. i used my moms merc and i lost control and hit another owman on a residental street...........

How old do you have to be to get a shotgun license in the UK?
I thought it was 18 but i also heard it was 16 and im not sure.
T...

Possible outcomes for 3 counts of misdemeanor?
i was charged with 3 counts of misdemeanor theft...i have a court date soon and i am wondering what i could face...i am hoping just fines and paying back what i stole...im in nursing school and don�...

I know it is illegal for a fellon to own a firearm but what about an air riffle,pellit,or BB-gun,crossbow etc.?
Is there any weapon that a Felon can own to protect his or her family living so far out rural where it takes a half hour for police to get to you if we have an ...

Negligence&strict liability of products?
why are some types of torts. such as product liability subject to strict liability while others are subject to ...

What is the "Career Expectancy" of an FBI agent?
I want to go to the Coast Guard Academy, do my Five years, and than get out and join the FBI. i figure that i would be about 27 when i apply.... I think that is a little old to apply, or maybe its ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, September 1, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links