Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

How Can I tell if Someone's an Undercover Cop?
Find answers to your legal question.

How Can I tell if Someone's an Undercover Cop?

I'm not a gang member, a drug dealer, or a radical subversive, but it seems like this country is going "Cop Crazy". That said, how do I know when I'm talking to The Heat?

kittycats
Rating
If they're any good at their job.....you can't.

pharaoh1982
Rating
if u talking about under police cars, its big american cars with big antennas and a big support police department on the back bumper, tented windows, little lights by the windshield. its usually a big *** ford, but a person its probably that badge hanging from his belt or the way he ask questions!!

NonameSpiritalker
Ask to see his badge....if he's undercover (detective on duty) he will not show it to you!

Sean
Rating
what works for me is to act like youre also a cop.....which can turn out bad if you do it wrong. say somthin like "sir, im going to have to see your ID...". then if they show it to you and they are a cop than laugh and say youre just kidding.....but still-do it safely because it can get you in a lot of trouble

fr_chuck
Rating
You won't,

as a supervisor I have had undercover cops look at 18 year old kids working on a loading dock of a warehouse, i have had a 50 year old pot bellied man working at office, they took young looking correctional officers and used them for undercover drug people living in the projects.

If you can tell who they are, then most likely that is not them.

?
Rating
THATS THE IDEAL YOU DONT ,YOU JUST HAVE STOP SNITCHING

yankeechik
Rating
If you or anyone else can tell if he's an Undercover Cop, he's not doing a very good job.

ur a 10, pregnant & near level 2
Those who work undercover normally dress like the people they are dealing with, talk like them, walk like them, and look like them. A little paranoid, aren't we? :D

fatsfoster
an undercover cop would try be too much knowledge about the street and sometimes clean shaven or talks too street. just have a gut feeling

SPONGEBOB
IF THEY SMELL LIKE A PIG, THEN THEY ARE ONE.

clancysfinest
Rating
If i am doing my job right, then you shouldn't be able to tell. but if i were you, i wouldn't worry about it. just abide by the law, and i won't bust you

shadobeast
Rating
You can always tell someone is an undercover cop when you suddenly find yourself in the police station being charged with ( Fill in the Blank) and all your buddies except for............Hey!!!! Where did the New Guy Go ???!!!!

Star of Fla
Rating
Sorry to say THEY DO NOT HAVE TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH. They can and do LIE its their job DUH They are even allowed to use false ID basically they do what it takes.

Rating
how to know-suspicious behavior?

mom of many
if you have nothing to hide, y does it matter, they are just people

Bonsylar
Generally abide by the law and you won't have to worry.

sscam2001
Ask them where they went to high school, then compare the results with records from your local police academies. Or follow up with MYSPACE and talk to friends of the person see if they drop any hingts on whether their frind was interested in being a cop or actually became one. Just remember exposing an under cover cop is a crime, even if that racket breaker is a sleazy no good bottom feeder.

MissCan'tBeWrong
Rating
They wear a tshirt that says "undercover cop".

woman of 2
Rating
If they are undercover they do NOT have to tell you. It would blow their cover. And if they are good at what they do, you won't be able to tell.

♥USMCwife♥
Rating
Ask em, they have to tell you.

Vince M
An undercover cop will have a labe sewn into the back of his underwear. Depending on the city, the label will either show a star or a shield.

Tom
If you are in a radical organization, it is quite easy, depending on the cops' strategy. If there are teenagers in the organization, and it is an organization that they want to destroy, look for the people promoting bombing, shooting, al Qaeda (the fact that the US gov't is a de facto AQ affiliate aside), while if it is an organization that they want to disrupt with arrests, look for macho shitheads who want to screw anything that moves, but is willing to arrange cars, banners, etc. Remember, 30% of cops are dopers, and coke fiend cops will typically have their heads shaven and wear sunglasses (and be awfully arrogant - coke dilates the pupils, and leaves a residue in the hair, but otherwise leaves the system in 24 hours) - those symptoms also work for cops in uniform.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Our state has recently decided to allow women prison inmates to keep newborns in the prison until they are 1?
What is your opinion on this? I know they need their mothers, but don't they need to go to the store, park, see men, see other children.....

I think this may damage the kids....

How much time in jail would someone get if caught by the police with a 1) Handgun on there waist 2) Glove box?
How much jail time if caught by police during a traffic stop
a handgun in waist band or a handgun in glove box?...

When's the last time you got pulled over by a cop and what was it for?
last time i got pulled over was for HOV violation! i was in a hurry and i got busted by an unmarked cop!!!! (this was actually my first time getting pulled over EVER)

I went to court and ...

Is this considered stealing?
if you see an unlocked bike on the side of the rode. and you pick it up and ride away. would you consider that stealing?...

How can i pass a probation urine test in delaware?

What are the top 3 biggest earners in organised crime?

How can I beat my speeding traffic ticket?
I got a speeding ticket and I am really sorry for it. Trooper was very unreasonable. I have promised not to go above speed limit even one mile, but I have get rid of this ticket as it going to ...

Can a Police SLAP me for no reason at all ?
In UK ?
Because that's what I "FEAR" about Police in UK, Surrey....

Is the standard of Police officers better, worse or the same as 20 years ago?
I have noticed a general reduction in the level of service and approachability afforded to the public in recent times and i was wondering if the level and intelligence of the police recruitment has ...

My boyfriend is in court shortly for some driving offences just wondering what chances he has of going to jail
He had an accident on a moter bike and he was over the drink drive limit, he has been charged with drink driving, driving without due care and attention, driving with no licence no insurance etc... H...

Can you send letters to a prison?
My boyfriend has gone to prison and i as wondering if i was aloud to send a letter please help i need to talk to ...

Do you believe that most Law Enforcement Officers are credible?

Should we have gun control??
What are the pros and cons?? Yes, I know we ahve the right to bear arms but America has so many gun-related crimes compared any other country. How does this justify our right to own guns when clearly ...

When a minor turns 18 if they have a criminal record is it wiped clean ????????

Are cops good or bad people??
you always hear that cops are crooks with badges. do you believe that?...

Would you be a secret agent....given the chance???

Transporting Prisoners - Is security too tight just for the sake of it?
When I was getting transferred to jail I was in 'full restraints' - handcuffs, leg shackles, bellychain and box over handcuffs. I don't see how anybody could ever escape if they were ...

Is it rude to actually ask someone with a uniform on about who they are in their private lives....?
Come on a lot of people fantasise about those men or women in uniform........

Do people feel pain when they are hanged, before death occurs?
Do they suffer at all, or is it a quick, painless death?...

Silencers??????
i have seen a lot of odd shows on like history channel and just read a arcticle on a web site. So i must ask. Are Silencers Legal For Cilvilians?...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, July 24, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links