Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

How can you find out if someone is working undercover as a narcotics officer.?
Find answers to your legal question.

How can you find out if someone is working undercover as a narcotics officer.?

My boyfriend says he is. So in return has to go stay with this other girl and her kids. He says that is part of his job. I don't know if I should kick him out for cheating or if he is telling the truth. Please help!!!

Dog Lover
Rating
Tell me your kidding?

Listen....... unless this guy is working for the Fed's in some kind of Donny Brasco situation......... he is full of crap.

I worked plain clothes for a lot of years....... Sure, I didn't get home every night....... but NONE OF US had any other family.

He is full of crap.

Call down to the police department and speak to the Commanding Officer. If he is truly your boyfriend.. he and the agency will have no problem proving this story to you.

But, I can tell you this is so highly unlikely I would bet a years pay against it!!!!!

He has you hook, line and sinker!

Run, don't walk to the nearest relationship exit!

zombi86
Rating
That's laughable.

Dr. Evil
He's working under covers alright!

Barry C
Rating
I agree with doglover on this one.

Please don't tell us you have kids with this guy too.

Tell him not to ever come back tonight, and mean it.

I am sure he tells the other girl the same thing when he wants to be with you. Maybe you should check into that if you want to know what your (ex-)guy is up to!

Norskeyenta
First become a Detective yourself. Do a background check on your boyfriend. See if he has any training in Police Academy. Your local Police Station will tell you in Narcotics if they have an Officer , by your boyfriends name. It is against the Law to pose as a Narcotics Officer, or any other Officer of the Law. We can't help you, but you can help yourself, by checking him out. If he is lying then he can be in big trouble with the Law and also with you. If he is cheating on you, then kick his *** to the curb and notify the County Attorney that you boyfriend is posing as an Undercover Officer. Good Luck.

county43
If he truly is he shouldn't have told you...

linda
Rating
sounds like a lame lie to me.
good luck

Kenneth C
He is 100% full of it. He may very well be an undercover officer (doubt it though). But no undercover officer is going to live with another woman and kids.

The only exception (like someone above mentioned) would be a federal case involving an agent in deep cover for years.

Most undercover officers here go home at night, crash on some scum bags couch occasionally or nap at the station. They never have completely different lives. Oh sure, there might be a car or apartment on the cities payroll that gives them some place to go, or to take druggies to make them seem legit. But it is never going to be another woman's house.

You are being played.

mobileminiatures
Rating
Right...Me, too... Send me all your money immediantly so we can finally put this drug war thing to rest....

Chris L
Rating
There's one I never thought of. He's got two women on the line and he's telling you garbage and probably not telling her anything. There's a fool born every minute, what time were you born?

plow_horse_spring
Rating
First, is he a police officer? Let's assume he is. There is a line between an undercover officer and his informants that can never be crossed. ex: Spending private time together.
Does his appearance still look like a police officer? If it does he is not working undercover narcotics. I have known many U/C officers and have never heard such a story.

Copgirl
Don't be so gullible. He is obviously cheating on you. Get rid of his sorry butt. Undercover officer go HOME every night.

KittyKat
I have never known our officers to do something like this. If he was undercover, it isn't something he is going to share with others so freely and then come up with a lousy excuse like this for being away from you. Dear, you need to give him the boot and move on. He cannot be trusted from the sounds of it.

Call the Narcotics Bureau and ask to talk with a supervisor. Anytime we had inquiries about undercover officers, we had to refer them to any supervisor in Narcotics and let them handle it because we were not allowed to give out or verify names of any undercover officers.

StephenWeinstein
If the question is whether he is an officer or not, then just ask to see his paychecks from the law enforcement agency. Narcotics officers do not work for free. If you know that he is an officer, but do not know if he is in undercover narcotics, then ask his superiors.

allen a
hahahahaha! very smooth dude!

PLISCO
Rating
That's what happens when you get too friendly with a cop. A prerequisite (or unwritten code) for becoming a cop in the first place is to be a good liar, cheater, a thief, and a moron! So your bf must be good at all of those or he wouldn't be a cop.

kraft
hire a PI

alcathey09
Rating
contact the company he works for and ask about it

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Help? Cops came to my house?
So I was in a dept store the other day and I found a wallet, I took a look at the wallet and found some money in it, I took the money and left everything else where I found it, I then put something ...

What are the cause of drug trafficking?

Were the Seal snipers amazing or what?
35 yards from a moving boat to a moving boat 3 head shots WOW
Additional Details
kyle smit you have to realize they where on a boat bobbing up and down on the ocean and the pirates were ...

Should I buy a gun?
Throughout my entire life, I've always been excessively paranoid about personal safety. I also happen to be anti-gun.

I completely support the Second Amendment but I also worry about ...

Is this right?
Yesterday my friend told me that he was asked to put his hands up , get out of his car and kneel down before the police on the ground. After searching the car and its documents, he was let free and ...

How would you have handled this situation, and should I now call the police? (read more)?
Today is trash day, so we set out our can last night for this morning's servicing by the sanitation company. I was home all day (on vacation) but didn't go outside.

Wife comes ...

Can you believe this? A cop who shot an unarmed teenager for stealing playstations will?
go without conviction because a juror checked the wrong box on an indictment form. You have got to be kidding me...justice can't be served because of a measly human error like that?! Anyone ...

Have you ever committed a crime? Come on, you can tell us, we'll keep it secret?
What did you do? Were you caught?...

How much money do cops get roughly?

I was pulled over a cop when he told me to step out the car he notice that I was around 6'5 and 365lbs >>
he just said my bad and let me go. Should I report him?...

Dumbest thing you ever got pulled over for or charged with?
I can't decide if its the time I got pulled over because the car dealership put my temporary tag in the back window,

or the time I got pulled over for riding my bicycle at night with ...

Anybody know what a normal day is like in prison in England?
Being sentenced next ...

My cat was picked up and taken to the pound. SOmething bad happened to her there. Can I sue?
My cat was lost and was picked up by animal control and put in a cage with 2 other male cats and my cat is a female.

Ever since I got her home shes acted weird so I took my cat to a pet ...

Can you go to jail for stealing 1800 dollars?

Can a convicted felon get a firearm?
My uncle served 6 years for armed robbery----25 years ago!!! Would he be able to legally get a firearm in the state of Georgia? If so, how, exactly would he go about doing it? I am sure if it'...

Would i go to jail if i kill a burglar?
I am wondering, let say i have a gun, or a baseball bat, or a knife or whatever, and someone breaks into my house, and i end up killing him for my safety and my families safety, would i end up going ...

I was given a Speeding Ticket, but it's wrong...?
I was given a Speeding a ticket for going 41 in a 25, however, i went back and it is a 35 mph zone, no school or construction. what do i do?...

Suspicious website - Should I inform the police?
While searching information on Yahoo! today about X-rays I came across a website with detailed instructions on building bombs and how to kill cops and how to make liquid explosives. Should I report ...

Wouldn't a completely reformed convict make a good police officer? Would not they be able to see situations
from both paths, and make a more just call in instances?

Why not?

Comments?...

Need Answers Quick - What would you do?
What would you do if you heard rumors that someone(son's ex girlfriends mother) was trying to hire a couple of punks to beat up your 16yr old son. The money has been offered but I can not prove ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, October 24, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links