Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  
   Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

How do I go about getting marijuana possession charges dropped for a first time offender?
Find answers to your legal question.

How do I go about getting marijuana possession charges dropped for a first time offender?

So basically last night I was stopped by the campus security at the U of Colorado. They saw I had been drinking, and was also carrying a backpack. So upon searching my backpack, they found more alcohol, a little bit of marijuana, and a pipe. So the cops were called and I was written a ticket for minor in possession, possession of marijuana less than an ounce, and paraphernalia. I am a first time offender and the officer said that this would help the situation. I have a court date in June, and would like to know how I can get at least the marijuana possession charge dropped off my record. I really would appreciate help on this one! thanks


Rock Firestorm
You don't get it off, that's why it's called a "record."

The people telling you to get a lawyer use that answer for every single question in here. Doesn't matter, you can't get it "removed."

Perhaps you people who live your life around smoking pot might want to wake up. This stuff follows you around for the rest of your life.

You will need to hire an attorney and you should be able to get out of it and it not be put on your record. You will have to do some kind of community service.

I live in the same area and know the legal system here.

Hire an attorney, and you shouldn't have a problem. You will, of course, be fined and given community service, but as long as you listen to your counsel, you'll be okay.

They're fairly tolerant here unless you're a known *sshole.

Actually a lot of states now allow you to omit marijuana charges on applications for jobs. I wouldn't worry about it you were not taken to jail and will most likely only incur an infraction which is similar to a minor traffic violation.

Get a lawyer.

Most likely they'll give you a continuance without a finding. And if you don't get in trouble, it won't show up on your record.

Bob Loblaw
if you smoke a big cannon before court the judge will realize that you can handle it and drop the charges. tell him you drove there that also helps.explain that you want to be a lawyer and work in his court room one day.

 Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

 MY MOM TRIED TO KILL ME. I didn't realize it until I talked to my doc last week?
I had strep throat when I was 15 and was given Penicillin. After 2 pills I developed hives all over my body.

My mom told me to take 2 more pills and it would get rid of my hives. I didn�...

 Police shot killed dog now what ?
the police were running through the ally after some guy, the guy jumped into people's yard to try to escape capture and one police man jumped into my cousin's yard, their dog scared the ...

 FBI AGENT. how much paid, how much college, and any other info =]?
fbi agent, how much do they get paid? How much schooling do you need to go for? How much do they usually have to work, like how many hours a day? Thanks in advance....

 If you have a warrant out for your arrest is there a statue of limitations on it?
Is it invalid after how ever many years ?...

Im 16 and want to become an Emancipated Minor? I need lawyer/attorney advice, IF NEEDED? etc.?
Heres my story. I got pregnant by my hubby of almost 3 years, yes i know please dont talk bad about ...

 Hey Im 15 and i live in Montreal and i was wondering if i have a criminal record?
Hey I'm 15 and i live in Montreal and i was wondering if i have a criminal record? I was caught stealing at Wal-mart bu some undercover dude then he called the police and me and my friend were ...

 What is an order of protection?
as in an order of protection against someone or something. i dont know much about it. but i heard its like a restraining order....

 I need help with a lawsuit, involving a dead family member.?
My father has been working on a lawsuit before he passed away, now it is left up to me and my siblings. The issue is, that the court case is in Puerto Rico, I have been doing whatever it takes to ...

 Speeding ticket in NJ?
I got one today for 62 in a 50. i already have points on my license for a previous ticket that i just pleaded guilty to since i am a college student and dont have any extra money to get a lawyer . <...

 Where can i get a police badge?
Im a special constable back home im in Florida for now. where can i get a badge that says special constable or have one made for a cheap price or even say volunteer police. ...

 Do you risk being arrested at mary o'mally park for taking pic of the tobin bridge.?
is that story i read true?...

 Is there such a thing as part time police officer and how do you become one?
I am 18 years old and I want to become an FBI agent later on in my life. I have heard that if you have had law enforcement experience then it will be easier to get in. My question is: is there such a ...

 Psyc test for probation officer?
I am going to take a psycological test to be a probation officer what should i expect. Do they do background checks? What kind of drug testing do they do? I am nervous because my credit is not that ...

 I have herd the police dept gives a poly graph test? Becoming a police officer?
I want to become a police officer
I have been told my juvenile record does NOT matter in the job proses so WHAT do I do? Would I say no or yes on certain questions? The juvenile record does not ...

 How do i find a texas inmates visitors list?

 Under 18, got caught stealing?
My friend is 15 years old, and he got caught steal from Walmart. It all cost $10-40 and he was given two tickets. He has to go to court twice and get fingerprinted. I really want to help him with ...

 What can I do about our neighbors harassing us?
We live in an apartment building and our upstairs neighbors harass us to no end. They have lived here for about 6 months and have been bothering us since the day they moved in! Loud pounding and ...

 PA fake id consequences? please read details?
so i was at my friends house and cops came and searched my wallet and i had my friends id whose over 21 and im 20 but i was just holding his id to give back to him because he left it at my house... ...

 Fake ID taken at bar, bouncer said he was going to give it to ALE? whats going to happen?
I used my real ID with the date changed, the bounder took it and said he is gonna give it to ALE. I live in NC. I was not charged on the spot with anything. Can they prove it was me actually using ...

 Police background check question?
I'm filling out a packet for my background investigator and on it there is a section about medical history. What exactly can they find about this? Like it wants to know every doctor I've ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, February 10, 2016 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links