Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

How do fugitives get a new social security and a new name?
Find answers to your legal question.

How do fugitives get a new social security and a new name?

Sometimes teenagers use fake ID/drivers license to either go to a bar, watch R rated movies, but you need a social security to live and work in the US. The Social Security Number tells everything about the person once you enter it into the computer, so if you get a false social security card and some one runs you into the computer you the results might come back as doesn't exist or belongs to some one else.

Renee B
Do you know how many people share the same name? It is very easy to get documents made and become legal. No one really checks these things unless you get into trouble with the law.

Kael M
I actually know how they do this and it is not that hard, but identity theft is not nice, even to people who no longer care.

!!VIVA ITALIA!!
Rating
Yeah but I think they mail the information they probably would not notice that is a fake SS# until later, I guess??
Because only you and Uncle Sam Know UR social and have the right to hold information about it, they can't just give SS information to a Club nor Restaurant not even cops.

Ashley J
yeah... but a lot of people have the same names. and you have a chance of people not running it anyways. its so easy to get one too. you just make one up. why do you think we have so many illegal immigrants here...? FAKE.

Gordon
Rating
yea you would definetely get caught sooner or later

Sprinter
Your social security card does not have your picture on it. You could theoretically share an SS with your best friend. On paper, it would like your best friend works 80hrs a week, which some people actually do.

Identity theft has a spectrum of ugliness that ranges from something harmless like a prank phone call to something serious like murdering someone who people will not notice if they're gone (think homeless people). If worried about the picture situation, then how about a baby? I recently got my passport renewed and the picture was of me when I was like 6yrs old and I was a grown adult with facial hair when I get my new picture taken.

The human mind can get very creative, especially when the dollar figure increases.

Shari B
Rating
One method that is common is that some people already here sell their SSN's, problem with that is their history now becomes the person who bought it, and vice versa.

Crusader
Rating
I agree with Combatcop.

Ayesha Z
they would go to jail or they would hide from the coppers its because some places dont ask for your id ao liscense witch is stupid bc they should! but if a fugitive were smart he or she would stay low for a long time and not get into any trouble. sometimes if they were wrongly convictred the gov. or police give themnew ids or they ask for protection!!!

punkprincess3318
Rating
your a dummy and you didnt answer my question on my profile.

Dat Dude
Rating
that's way too complexed... y wouldn't a "fugative" just steal someone elses I.D

missshawna_r
Rating
yeah you go into death records and find one that is reallllly oldd

Combatcop
You're kidding right? Each year, thousands of illegals come into this country and obtain fake ssn and green cards. GIve me $200 and I'll get you a new SSN/ID card.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

I was convicted of a federal felony in 1973. Can I possess something like pepper spray?
I live in Missouri. I know I can't possess a firearm, but am wondering if there is anything my wife and I can have in the house merely for self-defense purposes....

Is this stealing a car? In Texas what can you be charged with?
My friend co-signed on a car with her ex boyfriend in 2005, she tried to take her name of the car when they broke up but of course couldn't. A police detective has started calling her looking ...

Is a college education heavily valued when being considered for hire by a police department?
I am a freshman at UC Santa Cruz and majoring in history. When I graduate, I plan on applying for a few departments such as CHP, Sacramento PD and Oakland PD. I assume that the competition I will ...

Mnemonics needed for basic crimes?
Can anyone think of a Mnemonic for the following offences so i can remember the wording/points to prove:
1. theft
2. Burglary - 9.1.a + 9.1.b
3. Robbery
4. Handling stolen goods<...

Whats the purpose of a AFJROTC safety officer?

What degree would police departments like to see?
i one day hope to become a police officer but i don't know what degree to seek once i go to college. what are some degrees that police departments like to see and increase my chances of getting ...

If you get to prison but inmates see you as a scared "fish" (target), what are the chances you will be shanked?
or beaten up?

is it automatic? or will other inmates just give you a hard time, take your food, etc... but not actually shank or fight you?...

Becoming a Police Officer... College Major?
I'm a college sophomore, and I have taken a wide variety of courses, nothing too specific.

I feel pretty confident now that I want to be a police officer, and eventually a detective, ...

What if a juvennile stabbed a kid 3 times and was got what will happen?
how long would he be in jail?...

How do I bring a complaint/case against the police if I feel somthing is very wrong?
I was a victim in a serious case in which I was attacked terribly and nearly died. This all happened years ago and I have done my best to forget and get on with my life.

The police ...

I went thru a red light?
what do the cameras that take your license plate number when you run a red light look like? there were cameras but i dont know if they are the ones that take teh picture... if so, how soon will i get ...

How can I be a Police Officer ?
Im currently a peace officer, which i know its nothing alike..
I took Criminal justice for 2yrs in High School.

I want to fill out an application.. where do i go? after that they ...

When in juvy, do they drug test you?
Do they test for alcohol and tobacco?...

Can I get in trouble for shoplifting if I am outside the store and they have my license plate number?
It is possible that there is no camera footage and the car was not my car. It was at sport chalet and they found part of the packaging in the dressing room, but didn't confront me until outside ...

I have a question about Blackwater?
A friend of mine is thinking about going into blackwater and i was wondering, do people in blackwater get to come home often? Or do they have to be gone for a long time?...

A QUESTION ABOUT A SEARCH WARRANT?! NEED ANSWERS ASAP!!?
If police officers come to your house to search it with a warrant, and they tell you that you have to leave, can they do that?? and also can they tell you that after they are done conducting the ...

What can an off duty cop do?
Ok, so i have a 350z and i was going about 100 on the highway, then when i pulled off my exit ramp, a car was riding my ***, then pulled up to the side of me and showed me his badge, then he rolled ...

Hasn't USA had enough of guns?
http://au.news.yahoo.com
Time for Americans to tell their politicians enough is enough. Toughen up gun laws, educate the gun ...

Can I get arrested if I have run away???
Can I get arrested if I have runaway. I am currently in foster care . They consider when i run away a awol. I have no criminal record that is why I am wondering if I can get arrested and taken to my ...

What would these Charges Mean?
What does The Charge "L&L Exhibition (Def >18yoa) " mean ?...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Sunday, December 21, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links