Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

How do you know if your over the limit on the morning after?
Find answers to your legal question.

How do you know if your over the limit on the morning after?

I was at party last night had maybe 5/6 vodka and coke with meal and stopped drinking at about 12 I was then dancing for next two hours, Am I still over the limit or how do I know??
I didn't even feel drunk last night but want to know if its safe to drive?
Additional Details
I started at 7.30 yesteday evening and had dinner about 8/8.30 then stopped drinking about 12. Thanks for all your answers, I'm off to book a cab.

loknights
You'll definately be over the limit in the morning so the best thing is to play safe and don't even think about driving. I drunk a lot last night and there was no way I would ever have considered driving this morning.

YORKSHIRE
Rating
As a rough guide, it takes the human body 2 hours to break down a pint of average strength beer/cider or a double measure of spirit. The simple answer though is, if in doubt then don't drive.

wellarmedlamb
If you did not even feel drunk, then you've been drinking a lot for awhile. The more you drink the less you feel the effects though you are still drunk and certainly should not be driving. A meal does not make any difference. It will be digested after the alcohol not in the middle of a spree.

chutney
You can say that alcohol will be in your system for 24 hours. Don't chance driving even after having one pint, every ones body is different, you may feel fine, but a breathalyser could say otherwise and then you will be in the pooper! DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE!

"Call me Dave"
Yeah as a rule of thumb allow 24 hours, however the Police are getting increasingly desperate to catch drink drivers so just make sure you get your blood sample checked if booked, I have witnessed Police taking names and addresses of drunk drivers and sending them on their way and then lying about it.

Yorkshire Pudding
I guess you'd be ok but don't know for sure. Better to stick to 1 or 2 if you're going to drive the next morning. Why not buy one of those breath test keyring gizmos, then you'll always know if you're ok to drive or not.

lissenin
Rating
I usually know I've gone over when I wake up the next morning and don't recognise the woman lying next to me.

TruthHurts
You're in jail...!

soulsearcher
Rating
you mean still drunk from the nite before, or gauging for next time?

Robert H
Rating
try purchasing portable breath testers at your local pharmacy. In college towns, it is common to arrest students for DUI while going to class or getting breakfast

jizzum100
get a cop to give you a breath test and you can be sure.

Neil M
It is now 11 hours since 12:00
You had 5 drinks. That takes 5 hours to metabolize. Add on an hour for an offset.
You are legal to drive if you have up to 2 units in your bloodstream.
So you have been OK since 4am
Add a safety margin of 3 hours making it 7am.
So you are OK to drive now.

The Complete Idiot
if you didn't even feel buzzed, then you were never over the limit

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What can i do about a traffic ticket?
I was riding my suzuki and i'd barely went a mile. I was weaving on a two lane highway so that i could warm my tires up and clean of the crud before i did anything crazy. Johnny law decided to ...

Ebay scammers why dont the police get invloved?
Do these ebay scammers who scam, lets say £5,000 have the police coming to the door, and if not, why??...

Doing drugs around his kids-can his kids be taken away?
I know someone who admitted to routinely doing marijuana around his kids. His wife knows that he uses drugs, but I don't know if she knows that he uses around the children. I am thinking about ...

Has anyone had this happen to them?
I am in the process of joining the NSW police in Australia. Yesterday I received a text message on my phone saying "Need a favour. Im in the police station they've charged me with being the ...

Why don't americans use nuclear weapons on Gemany in WW2?

Two valuables were stolen out of my locker. I am 90% sure of the people who stole them. Anything I can do?
These items were my IPOD and my cellphone. They were in my shorts in my locker, and I had football practice. I am very paranoid about getting stolen from, as my school isn't what you would call ...

Officers: Would you ever knowingly date/marry an addict/alcoholic?
I ask this because my hubby is an LEO and dated and married me with an addiction problem. Just wondering if anyone else would do the same....

Since the VT shootings, should we have guns anywhere on campus?
There is a bill trying to be passed so that a loop hole in the system will get plugged. The loop hole is college students are able to have guns in the dorms since it is consider as an extension of ...

If you had the chance to spend a week in jail........?
would you take up the chance? What do you think would be the worst thing?...

What's the difference between crime and anti-social behaviour?
Are they the same thing, or do they have differences?...

To run or not to run?
You are waiting at a red light at 4 a.m. You've been there a while and there is no other cars in sight. Would you run it?...

What should i do if i owe a ticket and i havent paid it and now i have a arrest warrant so what do i do ?????
what should i ...

What rights do cops have and what rights do l have when being pulled over?
My friend and l were parked in a parking lot just talking and l'd believe he had taken my rights away. My point is l want to know about rights both him and l have before l go after this guy. A...

We were robbed of christmas presents by our foster child ?
We only found out after we dropped her off at her mums for xmas as we were putting them out from under the tree on xmas eve. We then found £230 missing from my mothers grave renovation fund, and to ...

I know this chap who is a licensee, and he thinks it gives him some kind of immunity?
This guy is under the impression that because he is both a property owner and licensee, he can 'get away' with assaulting people, even though in my experience, he instigates the problems, ...

Should all police officers be trained in martial arts combat or are guns the only way to handle conflicts?
No matter what the weapon, isn't the best policy to disarm people and prevent any firing of guns. Police and law enforcement people should get the best training in every available method to ...

If you were a police officer...?
and your very kind hearted would that make your job easier or difficult?...

New Law Proposed - Should we taser people if we do not like what they say ?

Im looking for a handgun for home defense... perferably something with more stoping power and less penetration
i want something that while knock the intruder down but the bullet wont exit his body to avoid hiting a family member or any of my stuff.. what yall think?... 9mm? .38? 40? 45?.....

Do Taxi drivers have to wear seat belts?
ive been in many a taxi black cabs and taxis ive seen some wear seat belts and some don't...i always wear a seat belt the last taxi i was in i sat in the front the driver told me to put my belt ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, September 19, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links