Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

How long can they hold you in jail with out a court date?
Find answers to your legal question.

How long can they hold you in jail with out a court date?

my boy friend went to jail for simple battery but charges were droped he has been in jail for 30 day's when will he have a bond or have court?i live in saintmarys g.a and they told him he would have court on the 8th but didn't and he didn't get a dined bond he just didn't have court they messed up.but we would like to know how long they can hold you in jail?please help

jo
Well if charges were dropped, he should no longer be in jail. Typically if charges have not been dropped than he should be elgible for bond within a day and have a court date set.

amanda g
Rating
The law is, up to 72 hours before arraignment. If the charges were dropped, then make sure there's not something else going on, like fines or other charges, or whatever.

Racist Answer Man
Rating
If charges were dropped he should probably be out.

justalittlealien
They can hold you 48 hrs before they Arraign you, be it live or video arraignment. After that, there is no "set" time. The Judge will set a court date, but it can be put off for many different reasons by either party.

Sarah123
Rating
they can keep him as long as they want.... no one follows the rules anymore.......

You ask, I answer
Rating
simple battery against you or someone else? either way, sounds like he has a temper, so I'd get out of that relationship. if the charges were dropped, then he should be out of there. or is he getting probation? if he's still getting probation, he'll need a court date. let him sit. he needs to learn.

لا إله إلاَّ الله
I am Pretty sure it is 30, or 31 days

kyojo
Until bond is posted.

chowtruck
2 years

sexygood
They can hold him as long as they want to.

megaman_lover
they can hold him in jail as long as they want to. sometimes people be in jail up to a year before getting a court date. all depends on what the people want to do with him and the crime that is commited!

UBTrip'n
get a legal aid lawyer.

cprucka
They can do anything they want too, unless of course you have as much money as the beach has grains of sand. Ask O.J. He can tell you!

jessica edmonds
my brother has been in jail at fraklin count sence october of 2012 and has not recived a court date and he has put in for a court date and asked for a public lawer and he has yet to here anything about his case please i need some advise on what i can do the charge was coversion

Rmorplated84
HELP !!!!???My wife recently caught her third battery case in 5 years!!!! the first case against a cop (early 2008), the second against me (2008) and the Third early (2011) she cut me with a knife while she was on supervision. She has a 7,500 bond and a first court hearing in 9 days ,my question is will they release her or will they keep her longer and if so how long ?? please help someone!!!!?!?!?!

china
how long can someone set in jail on a murder charge with out any court date

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

How many violations have you had today?
Were they unexpected violations?...

I read somewhere that there are over a million drivers 3 point away from being banned?
Is this just stupidity at being caught so many times, or is it defiance of the law ?
Additional Details
I realise that there has been a massive increase in the amount of cameras about, ...

Police officers: What's the craziest, most off-the-wall excuse you've ever gotten from a speeder?
So many people on here are trying to figure out creative new ways to beat speeding tickets in court or claim the officer was breaking the law, in the wrong or just plain stupid for issuing it that I ...

My boyfriend went to jail last night for drinking on probation this the frist time he got in trouble.?

When UK officers are out patroling,(in their cars),how do they decide where to go?
Are they told which area to patrol?...

For or Against 'gun control'.. your views?
my class just had a debate on it and it was going no where as it was really hard to debate on.....

I turned right from the wrong lane. Is it better to go to traffic school and pay or should I pay a lawyer $70?
I turned from the 3rd lane from the right....

How are companies able to give their employees random drug tests?
It should be illegal to give random drug tests. What people do in the privacy of their own home should not be tested. It is a voilation of the 4th amendmant and I can not stand companies that ...

Can cops find out info about you if they type in your licences plate number!?
yes or no!...

Are the FBI or Secret Service going to take me away because of this (please read, im really scared)?
ok well i have a scanner on my computer and i was copying a fifty dollar bill to play a prank, or a game with, and it printed about 1/4 of the fifty dollar bill and all the sudden it stopped printing ...

If I live in the US and want to be a police officer in a differnt Country would that be possible?

How do you keep from getting raped in prison?

Will my cousin go to jail?
My cousin was arrested for a relatively small fraud totalling about 2000. Somebody had claimed he sold them some fake paintings. He paid the man back but the person still put a complaint in about ...

Why did Reagan fire the air traffic controllers???

Can u get in trouble with the police for prank texting?
me and my friends were prank texting my friend and they called all mad and threatned to call the police. will we get in trouble?...

Don't you think is it odd that the country with most CCTVs has got the highest mumber of burgleries?

Does my son have any rights of being falsely accused of waving a gun around at school?
my son was called into the deans office and was accused of waving a gun around school, he was told a young girl reported that he did, what is my sons rights, the school dean told my son she knows he ...

Why bribe continues ?

What should a person do when they are confronted with an apparent case of a battered woman?
My wife came home from the grocery store in tears because the lady and child behind her (covering her face) suddenly said "You think you have problems, look at this". She revealed a badly ...

Conspiracy to murder...?
Just was wondering about how long a person would be in jail if charged with conspiracy to murder...
Additional Details
The state is Florida....

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, November 26, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links