Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

How long do they search for a missing child?
Find answers to your legal question.

How long do they search for a missing child?

About how long after a child goes missing do police give up the search? Obviously after so long the chances of finding the child slim down extremely, but roughly how long would it take for police to stop searching?
I'm writing a story, and I just needed a rough estimate.
Additional Details
he was kidnapped in a city and taken to a cabin. The police have no leads at all- the parents are rich... but no famous. So roughly a month?

Vici D
it depends on where they were lost. in the woods -- 2-3 weeks. in the city -- until they run out of leads.

kidnapped -- 2-4 weeks, unless they get a lead as to who it was, there's a ransom, or they know the kid's dead.

mikeysco
The search never stops.

We sometimes run out of places to look, but that does not mean the search stops.

It also depends on what you mean by a "search." An active, go-out-and-find-them search can only continue while there are places to search. Once those have been exhausted and have been re-checked as many times as needed, there's really no place else to look...but again, that does not mean the search is over.

The longer I think about it, the more this seems like a no-brainer. If you're looking for something, you look for it...your wallet or a child...until you find it, don't you? I suppose you might give up on your wallet eventually but then you're no longer looking for it. Nobody gives up on a kid.

Mr. Goodhi
Rating
A Month..

It really depends on "who" the person is. If it's someone conected to someone rich & famous, the search would continue on longer.
Sad but true.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Have you ever been arrested?
Just wanted to know =] and was prison bad....

Are british police officers allowed to cover their badge numbers?
This is to do with the G20 protests.

Apparently the police covered their badge numbers before attacking the *peaceful* protesters.(so no one can file a complaint against an individual ...

18 year old guilty of burglary writes name on wall, what charge in the UK could he face?
I want to contrast with NY state law but I am having trouble locating any useful websites.
I know he was charged with burglary and has to pay fines, I am wondering what the maximum sentence ...

Cops duty timing shift?
is there such thing as when cops do night duty from 7 in the evening to 6 in the morning? which police departments has that?...

How Do I Become A Deputy?
I know I need 4 years of college, but is it as simple as going to the Sheriffs Dept. and asking for an application? Any advice?...

What kind of information can police acess in their cars?
what kind of information can police get from yo profile in their mobile cars(computersystem in cars)deos it include yo immigration status,when you arrived in the country,when you due to leave?...

I got a ticket and I cant go to court class I don't know what to say?
i was tired i was doing some job hunting my eyes were hurting my contacts were dry and i wanted to go home i was in valencia ca
i was on the left lane about to turn left and go on the highway ...

Doing a project for my law enforcement class, help please...?
I need 10 items of evidence you can collect off a cigarette butt.. I thought of: lipstick, blood, saliva, hair folicles, fingerprints, gun residue, brand, how it was put out, how much was smoked.. C...

Is Jieverly Wong a victim, a perpetrator or both? ( man who killed people in Binghamton shooting)?
I am really confused.....
Additional Details
This incident clearly shows that we need to have strict gun control laws in this country....

What is the best way to get my foot in the door as a corrections officer?
I would love to become a corrections officer & I would like to work with juveniles if possible, but I can not find much info online about becoming a corrections officer. I do not see any position ...

Was Freddie Foreman a "grass"Apparently,"Nipper... Read said he was?

What is citation #33014JU?
want to know what this citation is 33014JU in juvenile ...

What is the differance between custody and jail?
I got charged and on my paper it says :

'' Crown considering custody'' Im 17

On my friend's paper it says

''Crown considering ...

I got charged with assault cause bodily harm, can a police officer give you probation (curew)?
I got charged but not proven guilty, they gave me a probation. Can they do that?
Additional Details
I got charged but not proven guilty till court date. They hold me onto custody for 2 ...

What are the risks of a fake ID?
If I buy a fake ID (student card) which says im 18 when I'm 16 what could happen if I got caught? Also, how would they know it is fake?
Additional Details
I would only use it to get ...

What is the average sentace for man convicted of vehicular manslaughter in alabama blood alchol 2.4?
my brother had a car wreck he was driving drunk of that is not an issue. the people that he killed ( boy 16 and his grandfather) did run a stop sign. i need to get a handle on how much time he will ...

Is Gun Control The Answer?
I am curious as to what you think about gun control? In the past few weeks there have been several shootings. Is gun control the answer? Please, intelligent and thought out replies only. Law ...

Explain the criminal justice funnel. Is this a realistic model of criminal justice in our society?
Explain the criminal justice funnel....

Can a landlord kick out tenant for being on probation?
I live with my husband, who went to renew his lease and put me on it. When they ran the background check, I came up in the system. Now I had a case before that never went to court. The case even got ...

Pulled over while having my provisional license...?
I got pulled over in Haledon, New jersey for delaying traffic and for having more than one person in the car(2). I am 18 years old and have my provisional license. I have to go to court and i dont ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, November 24, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links