Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

How long does a criminal offence stay on police records?
Find answers to your legal question.

How long does a criminal offence stay on police records?

confucious says
Rating
a record that the police keep the information stays on the record until the day you die, people get mixed up with the so called "spent convictions" the spent convictions cannot be used against you in courtthey are in effect wiped clean but the police still have the information on the database and it will still be there 50 years later if you live that long the information itself is never deleted

drb1256
Rating
Misdemeanors and felonies stay on your record. It's called a criminal history not a criminal record of 7 years.

I run criminal histories daily and all offenses stay in this history. I see Disturbing the Peace and misdemeanor theft from 30 years ago. It is never taken off of your history. That's all arrests! Even if you are found "not guilty", the arrest still stays on your criminal history. The criminal history is of all arrests and then it shows the disposition.

Ian UK
It depends on what offence it is and when it was committed.

It may stay on record dependant on certain factors but it will only be taken into account, in decision making processes for other offences, generally within 5 years.

K
Rating
Yes, forever. A conviction is usually 'spent' after 5 years meaning you it shouldnt effect job applications. But Police still keep it on their records indefinitely and use this info as intelligence.

roger b
Rating
it depends on what sort of punishment you got and also what court you attended, such as if you went to crown court the conviction never becomes spent

JAMES C
CRIMINAL OFFENCES WILL STAY ON POLICE RECORDS FOREVER.
THEY ARE RECORDED ON THE POLICE NATIONAL COMPUTER.

robert c
Rating
In one way or another!Life!!

tony c
Rating
criminal offences are not logged on police records-this is the responsibility of the criminal records bereau (to which the police have access).

any arrests/cautions etc will stay on the PNC (police national computer) for 100 years whether you were convicted of the offence or not.

Chris
Depends on what it is. Uk, I think, 5 years, maybe 10. Spent sentance, forever.

LA
Rating
Most for life

Tony C
Rating
Forever. Felonies never go away. Misdemeanors can not be held against you after 7 years/

b_willi16
depends on the charge

jaydeswann
Rating
if you don't re-offend 6 years, depending on the offence? some will stay with you forever like rape, child abuse or manslaughter, if its Petty crime like theft or being found in possession of a drug. depending also on the amount found.

Alex
Rating
you can get most any misdemeanor expunged

starry3y3surpriz3
Depends on age and offence in Scotland, if you are under 16 and have an offence for say breach of the peace this will be wiped at your 16 birthday but over 16 it will stay forever!!

JAKE! I LOVE U BABY!
ur whole life man believe dat cuz i no dis ****

kimmie1234567
i was charged when i was under 16. i live in scotland will this show when my enhanced disclosure comes back?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Do you believe that Medical Marijuana should be decriminalized and or at least 'no jail' time for minor poss
Do you believe that Medical Marijuana should be decriminalized and or at least 'no jail' time for (non-violent) possession?
http://www.mpp....

Does Cops have to give out a certain amount of tickets a week as part of their job?
Is this to earn money as commission or some kind of bonus?....

Why dont school busses have seat belts?
what if the get into an accident
Additional Details
i meant ...

Hiya i have to give a statement for an attack on myself only i'm being arrested but not under suspicion?
i am a little confused am i in trouble, as he just said it's how they do things. if this is the case then the other members who attacked me should've had this too?...

Can someone be arrested for disrespecting a police officer?
When I say disrespect, i mean verbally, such as "fu*k the police!", or "you can kiss my ***!". I dont mean spitting on or the such....

I'm 6'5 and 336lbs, How can I thank the cops in my area for keep it safe during the Holidays?
Merry Christmas to the all Police officers out there and their families....

Should unmarked police cars give traffic tickets?.?
In Russia and other police states to create a state of terror among the people they did it, so that every one would fear the next car or their neighbor. Should we stop this in America?
A...

Can a police officer of another city stop you?

People in jail?????????????
I suppose I should supply the person in jail which I'm writing with a stamp and envelope? Yeah, no?
Additional Details
Paper too?...

Ohio Speeding Ticket. Is it Entrapment?
Yes I openly admit I was not paying attention and I was speeding on I-270 in Columbus on my way to a job interview. 80 in a 65 MPH zone. The State Highway Patrolman's car was hiden between 2 ...

I got a lane violation ticket. contrary to his belief, i signaled before changing lanes. should i contest it?
i changed lanes right after i signaled. he pulled me over and gave me an infraction for lane change violation. i have to go to court sometime later, but what should i do? should i contest it? and ...

Is it considered indecent exposure if you're walking around you house naked w/ the blinds open?

Additional Details
i live in a townhouse. i hate the old lady that lives behind me. she is always spying on me too... so i thought i would walk around naked for a month before i move ...

If you have a warrent in another state but you moved to cali can the cops still get you?
friend had court for domestic violence yesterday juge gave him 5 days in jail but because he had weed in his body if they tasted him he would have gotten 1 whole yr...so he didnt go to jail he ...

I would like to know if any of the things listed could be a criminal act for a Texas police officer?
My wife & Texas Police Officer are having an affair. I found some emails between them. He always talked about meeting her the usual way (traffic stop). He also, told her to lie when she called ...

Can my attorney quit on me.?
My court appointed attorney had advice me to plead no contest to a misdeameanor. But when I got to court and the Judge ask me to make a plea. I stood up and said loud and clear innocent and I want a ...

Do you feel dismayed with the British police and why?

How would the United States be if we ???
How would the U.S be like if we treat drug dealers like they do in say...Saudi Arabia...If you get caught with drugs no matter the ammount you get your head chopped off????...How will the U.S streets ...

When is a police officer allowed to enter your home without your permission and arrest you?

Are there really only two types of drug dealers?
The ones that need forklifts and the ones who don't?...

I've been accused of stealing at work?
I need some advice. I've been working in a gift shop for 3 yr and i ran the shop on my own for the owner. i had to cash up and write everything down on paper. The till was always down for some ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, October 1, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links