Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

How long does it usually take for police to catch a rapist?
Find answers to your legal question.

How long does it usually take for police to catch a rapist?

I know I'm being impatient especially since I didn't report it til about 22 weeks after it happened and I burned the clothes but I still feels like it's taking so long

on average how long does it take to catch and lock up a rapist???
Additional Details
They do have DNA evidence and they will have alot in a while (pregnant babies will give DNA)

Kenneth C
Rating
Well honestly, your case is probably a fairly low priority. Since successful prosecution of the rapist will be unlikely (His defense will be that it was consensual and waiting 22 weeks probably means they have no physical evidence that the act was forced, having only your word against his)

As for how long it takes? I've caught a rapist in the act, I've caught them several minutes after the act, we've cleared cases years later. Just depends on a lot of factors.

Stuart
Rating
Some rapists are able to make a clean getaway with a 22 minute head start. Imagine what they can do with 22 weeks.

Some rapists are able to get off by disputing the physical evidence. Image what they can do when there is no evidence.

I'd say yours will be a one in a million catch and conviction if it happens.

- Stuart

Bruce
The actual time depends on the evidence present and the availability of the suspect. They may never catch him. The delay in reporting and the destruction of evidence will not make it easy.

THE UNCOOL 1
Seriously???
Like any other crime, who knows, the rapist may never get caught...

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

After the arresting police officer made an arrest....?
Does he take the prisoner back to booking and then drive off and go back on the beat, or does he stay in booking file a report and do all that paperwork?

I would think they would just ...

a/c unit just turned on upstairs and no one lives there? (its broken and very annoying to me)?
My neighbors moved out the beginning of this month so no one lives there. The a/c just turned on up there. It is broken, has been for over 2 months now and is very annoying loud noise. Should I call ...

Underage Possession of Alcohol?
About a month or so ago I was given a ticket for "Underage Possession of Alcohol" in a National Park. It was a park ranger who gave me the ticket, which carries a $125 fine, and he told me ...

Is it normal for police to seal evidence?
I was reading about a case recently in which someone was arrested and the police automatically sealed the arrest warrant, and had it sealed for 14 days. I'm not well verse in the law when it ...

What is a special auto insurance program, or option, for persons with high-points on their driving record?
I am 22 years old and am tired of paying $250 a month for minimum liability coverage on my vehicle. I was told by an aquaintence that there are/is special program offered to people like me who have a ...

how much is a speeding ticket if you're going 78 on a 45 road?
It's my first violation, I live in LA county and got pulled over in LA county. I was going 78 on a 45 mph road. How much is this going to cost...? Is there a reference where i can find this? I ...

Disrespecting a police officer?
I was in the passenger seat, when my mom was pulled over for not having her car inspected. When the officer asked me my age (15), he told me not to be like my mom (as though he thought I would). S...

Careless driving consequences?
I got a ticket for careless driving in the state of Minnesota. I don't have to go to court. All I have to do(that I know of so far) is pay a fine of $185.This is much better than I was prepared ...

What do you do if a cop?
wants to mess with you by playing mind games, and getting you angry enough to physical hit him in this case he is jealous of your sports car, and your good looks after pulling you over for speeding ...

Can I call the police on a pregnant woman who I always see standing outside her house smoking a cigarette?
I would call the police if I saw a parent beating on their kid - I don't really feel like this is much different. Yet something is making me hesitate....

MAYWOOD CA POLICE DEPARTMENT SHUT DOWN?
WHAT HAPPENS TO THE OFFICERS AFTER THE DEPARTMENT SHUTS DOWN?
DO THEY GET HIRED AS SHERIFFS?
DO THEY HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE HIRE PROCESS?...

how long does a traffic summons take to come in the mail?

Additional Details
blocking and ...

HOW DO YOU FILE A COMPLAINT AGAINST A POLICE OFFICER?
AT A LEVEL ABOVE THE THE POLICE / SHERIFFS DEPT...

I was prank calling some people and anyway, is there anyway not to get traced by the cops?
Because at one point they said there were calling the cops... When the cops trace you do you (ex. tak your battery out and sim card)?Please help!...

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY WEBSITES ABOUT POLICE MISCONDUCT?

What is juvenile and what acts would you do to get youself in there ?
how would you get in there.. i dont want to get in there but how would you because lots of kids do bad stuff but not bad enough to end up in juvinile?

Can you get in juvenile for Theft-of ...

How Much Trouble Can I Be In?x?
Okay so im a 14 Year Old girl, with a mind of my own.. i think i have ODD or AngerManagement. ~
Well it all starts on a Friday afternoon, where my BF was meant to become involved in a fight.. ...

Why are Americans allowed to harm home intruders?
They have guns and are allowed to SHOOT TO KILL!

Plus I have heard stories of home owners using baseball bats, hammers, knives, fireplace pokers, frying pans and broken glass to HARM ...

Why are police patrol cars called panda cars?
I can never remember any British police cars being black and ...

Good martial arts for police officers.?
I am a Cadet right now for a local police department, I have my heart set on being a police officer and I want to get into some good self defense classes. I read a lot on yahoo answers about the ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, September 1, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links