Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

How many times can the police pull me over and search my vehicle until its considered harassment?
Find answers to your legal question.

How many times can the police pull me over and search my vehicle until its considered harassment?

I was pulled over at 2 am coming from the Hank Jr. concert for window tint from a guy I went to school with after getting my id he went to his car and a few minutes later a different officer came to my window asking questions such as where I was going where I had been, when I told him to my moms cause my kids where there he asked where she lived, how many kids, how old they where, their names and so on,,,,, the first cop came to the passenger window and asked who id been hanging out with these days and then they said have a good night and I left. No ticket was written. Then a few weeks later I got pulled over one mile from my house from the K9 unit. when I asked what he pulled me for he said following too close and window tint and he took my id and went to his car, when infact there was not even a car in front of me on the interstate, a few minutes later a pickup truck pulled up a guy got out came to my window and said he was drug task force and my probation officer whose name I didn't even know had called and asked them to search my vehicle. ( My Probation is in an entire different county)My son , my dog and I got out and they searched it and found nothing, the drug task force guy told me that he was hearing my name from his PEOPLE, and I informed him I DO NOT DO DRUGS, PERIOD!!!!!! He then asked me if I could call him if I saw a certain person out somewhere, that I knew, I told him no if they wanted him for whatever than he would have to do his job. My son , dog and I got in my truck and went home. No tickets written. Two days after that stop I went to my probation office to get an out of state pass to Oklahoma City for business and no one mentioned a word of anything to me. I have been on probation since 2003 and have never been in trouble nor do I have to report, everyone was so nice asking about how my kids where how I’d been etc. Then I was coming back from taking my grandmother to the nursing home the Sunday after Thanksgiving, when a cop got behind me and I got over in the slow lane to pull into Wal-Mart the cop didn't have room to get over too so he quickly pulled to the median lane of the turning lane to the left and waited until no traffic was coming and sped across the interstate to the entrance of Wal-Mart to get behind me again. He never asked for my id or insurance, and asked me to search my vehicle and it was the same cop that was with the guy I went to school with when they pulled me over for window tint. He called more cops in and one was a county officer that I went to school with and the other 2 city cops. After beating my consoles and absolutely destroying my truck and all the contents in it, the cop who pulled me over asked my who smoked marijuana, I told him no one that I know or even associate with, after searching a little more including my bow cases in the back of my truck and tearing the backing off them he said he found weed in my truck, I asked to see the weed, laughing because I know I don't do drugs or run with people who do. he told me not to be a smart ass and opened his hand revealing 4 tiny little green leaves. I told the officer that was not weed and he disagreed and told me to stand right there he would be back. After 30 minutes he came back told me I was free to go because it was not weed, infact it was alfalfa hay that I feed my horses along with two bales of compressed hay in the bed of my truck. when I got in my truck he told me my windows were too dark and he walked away. Still never asked for id, insurance or registration. Again, no tickets were written. Then a week or so ago I was on my way to pick my kids up from after school and there was a SUV right on my tail, I didn't think nothing of it except people need to learn how to drive, but then I took a cut through road over to the main road that I always take and they turned too. That road is app. a mile long as I was coming to the end of it the K9 car was going in the opposite direction about 1mph. I still didn't think anything of it, when I passed them I smiled and waved like I always do and went on. When I turned onto the main rd. there was enough room for one car to pull out but 1/2 up the road I looked in my mirror and the K9 unit was eating my bumper. So about a mile from the school he pulled me over. went to the passenger back window knocked so I rolled it down and then told me to roll the front passenger window down. Same cop that pulled me over the second time. I asked what he pulled me over for and he said failure to maintain lane. BS!!! Then as he is walking back to his car that SUV pulled in behind him and it was that same drug task force guy AGAIN!! As he was walking to my truck I called my mom asking her if she could go get the kids b/c I was pulled over and had to be there in ten minutes, and she was working at the farm and couldn't leave so I hung up and he said he was hearing my name the same thing that he said before and asked to search my truck. I told him no because I had to pick up my kids and didn't have time for that. He then said you know you don't have your 4th amendment right so get out... and I did. I called my mom back telling her she had to go get the kids because they were searching my vehicle and I was never going to make it there in time, I also told her that I was moving out of this county because at this point I was being harassed. When I hung up the cop told me not to say I was being harassed because he had a reason to pull me over for failure to maintain lane and said don't make me write you tickets to prove that. After the task force guy searched my truck I asked who was saying my name because this was insane that me and my family are being harassed because someone apparently doesn't like me. He said that he could not reveal that information! I told him to go back and tell his source that they are not reliable. I have a business in this small town I live in and know almost everyone and it is defamation of my name, morals, principles, and integrity for them to keep pulling me over searching my vehicle cause they know I don't have my 4th amendment right , all because someone is mad at me or whatever the reason. PLEASE HELP. I have already started to pack up my house because I will not live somewhere where people are following me and stalking me and my kids because of some low life says my name. Enough is enough. If I was some drug dealer or user I could see the justice in all of this but I am a Single Mom of two kids and own my own business in town and as a MOM I will protect my kids from ANYTHING/ANYBODY. I have called the sheriff numerous times and he will not return my call. I do not know what to do and feel like my kids and I are in danger in this county!!

teri
ive been pulled over 5 time by the drug enforsement and searched and they found nothing. then about 2 weeks later they kick in my door and said tbhat they was there for probation seach, im not on probation but the guy that lives with me is. so i said ok no probalem know that there was nothing in my house, after seachintg and tearing up my home they brought me into the house and said that they found drugs in my ash tray anxd my pkg of cigs that they brought from out of the bedroom and laid on the bar next to the ash tray. they said that it doesnt matter whether the drugs was mine or not it was still in my home so i was goin to jail. they had planted the drugs there and a pipe. and arreste me or felony poss. and a pipe. i kept telling them taht i knew for a fact that there was no deugs or a pipe in this house. but they was mad cuz of the first case gotten thrown out of court cause they tryed to pen 2 oz on me when they found it in the nieghbor garaeage tote out side. and decided it was mine and they was mad cause each time i got pulled over and the three timde that they broke into my home they didnt find anything. can i beat this case ,and can i get them for harrassment? i have no money to buy a lawyer. im on all kinds of meds. and one of the times they pulled me over and dint find anything and passed all ther test, they insisted that i was under the influance and made me give blood, they wanted two full vials of blood. they was only able to get aboout a quarter of blood in each vial and the nurse sid that she not able to get any more after they made me a pin coushion. and blew up viens,i went to court on it. and they havent filed charges yet. i had not breaking any driving laws they would wait for me to leave my home and follow me every where and the one time i picked up chris from work they followed me back into town and pulled me over said it was a probation search. i said ok ,but every tme that they pulled me over or kicked in my house door. it wasnt him tht they was interested in .it was all about me. can they do that to me? im not on probation. and they kept fucking with until this last time when they plante drugs in my home. wat can i do. i have no money for a lawyer. and i would love to sue the crap out of butte co. drug inforesment and gridley cops. help me please?

Munhall19
Monday I went to the Munhall Police to complain about my neighbor's son breaking in my car.I end up getting pulled over by Munhall/Homestead as usual always giving warnings for not using turn signals. Some of the officers are good friends of hers. Her son has issues yet he gets away with everything.There are many days when I come out to my car the police are sitting waiting. When my car was hit I had to wait 40 minutes for them to show up.Tuesday I'm driving up the alley behind my house where you can only turn right,a Munhall officer put on his light no siren.I pulled in front of my house.When he said I didn't use my turn signal. If you are on a street and can go right only why do you have to signal. I ask for his name he didn't have a name tag.He seemed surprised that I ask for it. I got his badge number and this time I am filing a formal complaint. My neighbor has harassed me over a course of years when I call the police they are useless always telling me to learn to get along with idiots. When she calls they come with hands on weapons. She has a camera up in her window aimed over the top of my deck behind my house with audio. My deck is a private area surrounded by a six foot privacy fence that can only be assessed from my house this is illegal to do Munhall police say its not. I put a sign up on my deck saying (get a life b!#*h)the police came to my house hands on guns, telling me if I don't remove it I will be cited.They should have better things to do like upholding the law and stop violating peoples civil rights. I have surveillance cameras that helped me win a case against this woman. One of the officers brought her and her kids on my property showing them where my camera was positioned on my porch.I have him on tape pointing out my camera to them.I think Munhall and Homestead police need to be investigated. They have a select group of officers who are more interested in harrassing innocent people for their friends than upholding the law.There is no way I will ever pull over anywhere other than a very public place for any of them.I would like to have them investigated check their cell phone records and texts which will validate some of what I say. I would like to know if my traffic stops are logged at the police station

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

law enforcement rules
can a da use ups to ship illegal dugs to ...

Firearm as minor with felony
I was convicted of a felony for stealing a car when I was 15 and now im 25 n was wondering can I own a firearms seeing it was on my juvenal record....

My van was stolen,then seized
I had my van stolen off my drive by my stepson.I only knew it was gone when customs rung to say that it had been used to smuggle weed from France to England.they found 7 kilos on the floor in the cab....

Failure to pay ?
My fiance just recieved a letter in the mail demanding him to turn himself in within 10 days of postmark or he will be arrested at home or work. The charge is failure to pay ( court costs ). The ...

Are cops not allowed to express political opinions on duty?
I tried to ask a cop if there were any laws he disagreed with and didn't get an answer....

Do cops ever disagree with a law they have to enforce?
I've heard of a group in America called LEAP (Law Enforcement Against Prohibition) which partially answers my question, but they're an exception. What about opinions about laws generally? Are ...

Careless Driving
There is a make shift alley behind a walmart store where we live. My son used this alley and was issued a careless driving ticket. The alley is fequently used and there are no signs displayed ...

JURY DUTY,,IM CLUELESS IM ONLY 19YRS OLD.
OKAY WHAT I AM I TO EXPECT ONCE I ARRIVE TO THE COURT.? I HAVE RECEIVED A NOTICE SAYING THAT I DIDNT RESPOND TO THE JUROR SUMMONS.. I CALLED AND I TALK TO SOME ONE AND I WAS TOLD JUST TO FOLLOW THJ...

My son was arrested for possessing Suboxone
My son was arrested for possessing Suboxone (class III drug). Pulled over for tints on his windows, officer said he smelled pot and asked to search the car. My son said he didn’t smoke, had nothing ...

Warrant out for missing court over a debt owed, AFTER filing bankruptcy
I filed bankruptcy about 3 weeks ago to relieve this debt I have been going to court over for a year now. The judge told me at my last hearing that if I had bankruptcy filed before my next hearing I ...

police firearm use
recently my sons mothers brought him to my apt to stay for a couple of days I didnt notice anything out of the ordinary well the mother left about 15 min later I get a light knock on my door I opened ...

i cant stand cops i wanna kno whats up
i was sitting in a parking lot for 10 mins just sitting there talking tryin get ahold of my mom and all the sudden 3 cop cars come from behind n block us from being able to get out n the minute they ...

Transfer probation out of county?
Im on probation in Montgomery Co, Pa for another 2 years or so. Ive been out of jail for over a yr now & in about 6 months I'll be getting married. My fiance lives in another county & I'll be moving ...

Can a polygragh test request help mw?
I am being prosecuted for a misdemeanor 2 in Allegheny County, PA, USA. I did not do this misdemeanor. What I did is either disorderly conduct or no crime. An off duty cop and 3 women who were ...

unknown callers and cops help
I am getting unkown calls and i want to know what can the cops do to help me find out who it is, what do they do to find out whose calling, when they manage to find out who it is do they tell me or ...

How hard is it to prove an illegal serch warrant
If officers search your car and find nothing even with a dog (in Iowa). Do they have probable cause to search your house....

hi
if u hit su mone wid a piece of wood.and they only had a bruise on there back.could you just get a suspeneded sentence.common assault and offensive ...

possesions
a very good friend died 2 months ago,the police took his personal possesions because it was a sudden death,the will is with the solicitor,the police emailed the solicitor and told him i could go and ...

ct extradite
I want to move to north carolina but I have probation here in CT. If I go without permisson can CT extradite me from north carolina? & I believe my probation is a felony probation as well. Any ...

My ex-boyfriend has my tv and my laptop and he dosen't want to give it back?
I broke up with my boyfriend, I was living with him so when I moved out he barely let me take my clothes and other stuff with me but he kept my TV and My Laptop that I bought and some other documents....

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, November 26, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links