Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

How to solve the jail overcrowding problem in america?
Find answers to your legal question.

How to solve the jail overcrowding problem in america?

unholycricket
Rating
Decriminalize victimless crimes and follow through with the death sentences for murderer and violent repeat offenders.

ProudAmerican
Rating
Make jail more like a jail than a country club.
Deport all of the illegal aliens taking up taxpayer space.
USE the death penalty.

encantasia
Copy britain and ship them off to australia? haha no.
Lower standards in prisons so that the homeless and destitute don't commit crimes to improve their standard of living in prison.

I Wonder Why...
Make it easier to get the death penalty.

sparkles
Follow the Mexican jail model

cocomojo
Rating
We can get rid of some by;

1. Enforce the death penalty on everyone waiting for it.

2. Apply the death penalty to rapist.

3. Apply the death penalty to child molesters.

Lets try that about 4-5 years and see how it works!

caballero5792
Make penalties harsher and make prisoners work and eat bad food. That should deter lots of potential criminals

Mr. Goodhi
Rating
Build more jails...

Eagle F
a high percentage of inmates are there due to alcohol or drug related crimes. More AODA treatment for offenders. long term facilities.

J&C H
The sherrif of Maricopa County, in Arizona, had the inmates build tents cities for them selves. It is good enough for the men and women in uniform it should be good enough for the criminals.

yourdreamgirl
An eye for an eye. I think that would stop a lot of the crime. Someone is murdered, hand the murderer over to the victims family members and let them do with that person as they please. A child raped? Same thing. Those people do not deserve to live, and they do not deserve to die peaceful. Was their victims at peace?

G O
More Execution, if we did what we said we have 3,500 extra beds.

That would make people think before they Killed.

But we know that won't happen , so we need to get a handle on illegal aliens, about 40% are criminals.
we know that won't happen either.

Find a way to teach (i hate to say it but) Black youths there is another way to get ahead in life.
Blacks are the Majority in prison population and that is a major problem.

We also need to get better and more Public Assistance Attorneys, they tell their clients to take a deal even if they aren't guilty.

We also need to keep Violent Criminals in for their entire sentence, the recitative rate is astounding.

Legalizing Pot might help, it is as harmful as Alcohol, but because of Outdated Laws so it's vilified.

We should also build more Prisons, the over crowding just breads more violent Criminals.

Also create Prisons that are really built to reform people, Teach them while they r in there that you can make it on the outside.

professional student
I see a lot of people calling for the death penalty on people who represent a minority of the prison population. The overcrowding of prisons in the US is because we imprison the largest number of adults per capita than any other nation. The lions share of these crimes are drug related.

If you want to keep the same laws, then we have to get very serious about getting the population away from drugs. Unfortunately drugs are now a part of our culture to the extent that we can't get rid of them. Look at all the celebrities who've used drugs, even our current president.

THE DARK ONE
well the death penalty is good for the low life worthless pile of sh** killers, rapist,molesters,but we need to make 100% they did it ,to many wronged because of our system. i beleave our USA pass a few laws like schools should never go with out funds or teachers,( very high importance) mental health facilitys should have more suport from every one. (very very high importance) I work in mental health and trust me we need help,this career is not a get rich but a gratifacation to help others,if we educate our kids to have better we will have a better nation.. UP WITH MENTAL HEALTH & SCHOOL EDUCATION

Shawn
build more jails.

rottymom02
Rating
This is a good question... I am a student, looking to get into researching parts of this phenomena in our culture. so far, I am a big believer in prevention.
Start in schools, problem solving skills, life skills, etc... I think alot of this problem stems from lack of choices. Everyone is screaming about the "choices" people have made. Well, in order to even have a choice, you need options to choose from, time and safety to contemplate those options, which I believe are minimal at best for some people.
I would like to develop a program for young adults/teenagers that would teach some skills for coping, skills for getting along in life within legal boundaries, making wise decisions that would positvely affect the future for themselves and society.

!!!
Rating
Many would suggest the death penalty.

mz112ungu
Find a way to end poverty.

John D. A Viet Nam Vet
Rating
This is really an easy fix. Our arcane government needs to get in tune with the times and with the Sacred Scriptures and legalize marijuana, and licence growers and tax it like they do gasoline and tobacco. In fact, the Declaration of Independence was written on hemp paper. And even though I will be tagged as a conspiricy theorist, anyone willing to investigate the matter can easily discover that marijuana was made illegal because of pressure put on the government by the big oil companies, the paper pulp companies, and Dupont and Monsanto.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

I'm 6'5 and 345lbs, is it against the law for a cop to call for back up just because I was staring at him?
I wasn't really staring at him I was just day dreaming?...

Forced to comit a crime. Please help?
I was walking down the street today and a black male approached me. He asked if I was straight and I said yes. Then he walked with me and asked me if I needed that rock referring to crack cocaine. I ...

Criminal damage?
can you go to ...

Everyone is saying r.i.p. to my son, but know one is telling me the name of the driver who killed my son.Why?

When Police Do A Drug Bust on A House Do They Handcuff Preteen Girls?

In the TV show cops, why are most of the criminals black or some other minority?
Is this for ratings or do the editors pick and choose what get aired? If so, is there a bias with the editorial staff?...

Why do people want more gun control laws?
If you think about it, most people say that stricter gun laws would reduce crime. But the only people who would keep the new laws in the first place are the people who didn't break the laws to ...

Is it time for Megans law in the uk?
The paedophile who is suspected in Glasgow murder had new identity supplied by social workers to protect him.Who protects our children.
Additional Details
mr sceptic read megans law its ...

What do I do when a policeman commits perjury?
Earlier this year I went to court to fight a MINOR traffic ticket. There was a small trial and during this trial the policeman that pulled me over lied. I later noticed that his testimony was (of ...

First time DUI?
I got a DUI last week. It is my first and only offense, I've never even got a ticket for any traffic violation before. I know I've made a mistake and very sorry about it. What should I ...

Can i get out of being a witness in a trial?
I have been notified i am a witness in a trial, i cant do it firstly because i go to University with the mother of the girl being prosecuted. Secondly i am have had 3 panic attacks just thinking ...

How can i escape from the prison?

My step daughter who is police officer has taken the contents of the matrimonial home which my late husband?
left to me in his will, she is also an executor of my late husbands will, is this theft?...

Do police always handcuff you when you are arrested?
I've always been cuffed - different times in front and sometimes behind. Why does it be different? If you are being co-operative do they need to cuff you at all?...

Women can't be Cop!?!?!?
I don't hate women or anything, but they can't be cop. I mean, they are not tough as men, they cry easily, they're afraid of breaking a nail, come on. They use excessive force, and ...

Does the USA treat prison inmates no better than animals?
here in the UK we see a lot of programs about prison life in the USA...........the conditions and treatment of prisoners as well as the length of sentences seem overly harsh also there seems to be a ...

Arresting Drug Pushers?
My friend OverDosed because Mr Plod arrested his usual supplier and the stuff we got from a different source was cut much less than usual. He could only afford enough for himself or I might have O/D ...

How do you make a citizens arrest?
According to British law?...

Is anyone with me that cops should be able to beat?
I think that it is really stupid that cops get in trouble for hitting someone with there club, or tazering someone. I think that cops should be able to whatever they want, I mean the people getting ...

Why the racist cops gotta pull me over for?
i just came back from lunch and a damn cop pulled me over for going 56 in a 55
and he gives me warning but he had a hard *** ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, October 31, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links