Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

I'm moving. Is the DMV the only one I need to inform about my new address?How long after moving should I do it?
Find answers to your legal question.

I'm moving. Is the DMV the only one I need to inform about my new address?How long after moving should I do it?

I don't know if I'll move back in a month or two. Should I still go to the DMV to change the address on my driver license?

Marysia
Rating
i wouldn't until the 30 days are up and you decide. after that you have to change your mail and everything as well.

There Are No Accidents
You should file your address change with the DMV within 30 days of the move. Even if you move back...you will need to change your address again. If you want to receive mail at your new address, you'll need to get an address change kit from the post office...Meijer's also has them. If you're moving within 30 days, you should probably do that now...to avoid any lag time receiving mail at your new address.

Fred C
Rating
Check with the your DMV. In many places, including where I live, you have to give a change of address for licence and registration within15 days. If you move out of state, the limit is determined by the state you move to, and ranges from 15 days to 90 days.
We don't know where you live now.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What degree would police departments like to see?
i one day hope to become a police officer but i don't know what degree to seek once i go to college. what are some degrees that police departments like to see and increase my chances of getting ...

If you get to prison but inmates see you as a scared "fish" (target), what are the chances you will be shanked?
or beaten up?

is it automatic? or will other inmates just give you a hard time, take your food, etc... but not actually shank or fight you?...

Becoming a Police Officer... College Major?
I'm a college sophomore, and I have taken a wide variety of courses, nothing too specific.

I feel pretty confident now that I want to be a police officer, and eventually a detective, ...

What if a juvennile stabbed a kid 3 times and was got what will happen?
how long would he be in jail?...

How do I bring a complaint/case against the police if I feel somthing is very wrong?
I was a victim in a serious case in which I was attacked terribly and nearly died. This all happened years ago and I have done my best to forget and get on with my life.

The police ...

I went thru a red light?
what do the cameras that take your license plate number when you run a red light look like? there were cameras but i dont know if they are the ones that take teh picture... if so, how soon will i get ...

How can I be a Police Officer ?
Im currently a peace officer, which i know its nothing alike..
I took Criminal justice for 2yrs in High School.

I want to fill out an application.. where do i go? after that they ...

When in juvy, do they drug test you?
Do they test for alcohol and tobacco?...

Can I get in trouble for shoplifting if I am outside the store and they have my license plate number?
It is possible that there is no camera footage and the car was not my car. It was at sport chalet and they found part of the packaging in the dressing room, but didn't confront me until outside ...

I have a question about Blackwater?
A friend of mine is thinking about going into blackwater and i was wondering, do people in blackwater get to come home often? Or do they have to be gone for a long time?...

A QUESTION ABOUT A SEARCH WARRANT?! NEED ANSWERS ASAP!!?
If police officers come to your house to search it with a warrant, and they tell you that you have to leave, can they do that?? and also can they tell you that after they are done conducting the ...

What can an off duty cop do?
Ok, so i have a 350z and i was going about 100 on the highway, then when i pulled off my exit ramp, a car was riding my ***, then pulled up to the side of me and showed me his badge, then he rolled ...

Hasn't USA had enough of guns?
http://au.news.yahoo.com
Time for Americans to tell their politicians enough is enough. Toughen up gun laws, educate the gun ...

Can I get arrested if I have run away???
Can I get arrested if I have runaway. I am currently in foster care . They consider when i run away a awol. I have no criminal record that is why I am wondering if I can get arrested and taken to my ...

What would these Charges Mean?
What does The Charge "L&L Exhibition (Def >18yoa) " mean ?...

What can parents do if the police will not get involved?
My mom's friend has a daughter (Jenn) who has been having problems with a certain girl at her school. Yesterday on her way home from school Jenn was followed by this girl and her friend. She ran ...

Do I call 911 for noise complaints?
I'm tired of drivers passing through with their radios blasting. I don't think I should call 911 because it's not really an emergency. Who should I contact. I can't stand that ...

If i signed a diversion contract with a curfew of 9 but my officer says i can break that curfew with family?
i signed a diversion contract stating that i would have a curfew of 9 mon - thur and sun and 10 fri sat but my diversion officer says i can break that to go on a trip. what do i do because i also ...

What does this ticket mean?
I'm underage and attended a party with alcohol. I never took a breathalyzer or anything but the cop started handing out tickets to everyone. The cops description of violation reads: "A...

What are my chances of getting caught.....please help.....REALLY SCARED?
ok so me and my friend almost got caught stealing motor oil. now you might ask why would anyone steal motor oil? well the oil is called royal purple and if you know anything about cars its one of the ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Sunday, September 21, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links