Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

I'm stuck, please answer!! What happens to a person when harassment charges have been filed against them?
Find answers to your legal question.

I'm stuck, please answer!! What happens to a person when harassment charges have been filed against them?

I was pushed tonight by a drunk 30 some year old man. Needless to say the police were called and the only way they were able to take him out of the house was if I said I would press charges. The officer said that they would contact me to see if I would want to follow through with the charges. I am at a loss right now because he is one of my brother's good friends and he just got way out of control. I should probably add that I am 5 months pregnant. I need some outside views, should I go through with pressing charges?? And what will happen to this guy if I do??

jp
can you file harassment charges on someone if thay filed on you first

Ms. Yana Baby
Rating
When you file harassment charges against someone they usually put a warrant out for that person arrest. Once that happens they usually go find the person and put them in jail. It depends on when they pick up the person how long they are in jail. Once they are put in jail they have to go in front of a judge. I don't know your situation but if this person harasses you over and over then yea you should file charges but if this is the first time and he usually don't bother you then i wouldn't i would just tell my brother and let him handle it. The choice is your sweetie. Congrats on the pregnancy.

mikeysco
Rating
You didn't say what state or country you're in so it's probably not possible to give you a definitive answer.

Under California law you're not describing harassment, you're describing a battery.

The outside views you'll receive here are worthless. Nobody here can possibly help you decide what to do without knowing more about your situation and even then, nobody here will have to live with the outcome of the views they offer - only you will.

It isn't possible to tell you what might happen to this person without knowing all the facts about the case, the person's criminal history, and the laws governing this kind of matter where you are.

Angie
My ex niece have an OP against me, which she lied to get. Yet, she is calling my home 3 or 4 times a month for the past 3 months. I have a record of some of the calls on my phone bill. Can I go back to court to have this OP dropped?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Can i get a ticket for driving by myself on a learners permit?
and how much would it be?...

Police force questions?
My boyfriend wants to become a police officer. Well, he'd like to work as traffic police. A website says that the only area recruiting is London Metropolitan but that's hours away from ...

I know some of these have been out a long time but has anyone actually read this?
with the patriot act taking away all rights to anyone thats a potential terrorist, well what is a terrorist? according to Virginia, Texas and Missouri just about anything.

http://www....

What charges can police have against you for taking a wallet that was left behind?
Does the person who owns it the only that can press charges?...

What's worse assault 1st degree or assault 4th degree?

Whats the differance between bloods and crips? and if your goin to say colors shove off because every 6 year?
old knows that....

CAN EX CONFICTS BECOME FIREFIGHTERS ?
does anyone have any information on whether an ex inmate can become a firefighter once they are released from ...

Now I know some states that sentence capital punishment will let the convicted choose which way they die.?
But does any state still let the convicted choose to be linched?...

How can you have parole if you have been deported?
My best friends cousin was deported and she told me he had gotten arrested for not going to his parole officer. That doesn't make any sense? How do you check with your parole officer if you got ...

Emt & fire brigade question?
Just wanted to know if papermills and refineries are required to have some sort of fire brigade and EMT personnel ready there all the time?
All of ours turned their gear in today thanx to ...

Shoplifting Caught on Camera?
If you went to the police station and they told you they had footage of you stealing could you ask to see the footage and would they let you see it?...

How hard is it to get hired as a police officer?
after college, how many departments should i apply to in order to have a fair chance of getting hired? i hear people only have a 3 in 100 chance of getting hired but does that logic hold true to ...

Can my husband get arrested in Illinois if he has a warrant for not appearing for a traffic ticket in Texas?
Don't ask me why he didn't appear, but we just found out he has a warrant in Texas for not appearing for a speeding ticket,and proof of insurance. This was back in 2005. But a letter came ...

I just got misdemeanor citation for petty theft under 25 dollars. What'll likely happen?
Seemingly, the place just wanted to find a reason to get rid of me after I had already put my 2 weeks notice. Unfortunately, one of the things I confessed to "stealing" I wasn't even ...

Someone broke into your house, and you know who it was?
What if someone broke into your house and stole valuable items. Say they stole your guitar and Xbox console.

You know who did the crime, but you didn't catch them. What can you do? <...

My boyfriend got charged with felony five two charges of receiving. I can't find anywhere the max time for it.?
He has never been convicted of any other felonies, he doesn't have much on his record except for misdameanor charges none on theft or anything to that nature and hasn't been in trouble in 2 ...

Does anyone know how to do works cited!?
help me out! i have a paper do on tuesday....i have to have 2 books and 3 website pages.....what is tha first thing i need to do?...

ABOUT POLICE WORK!!!?
ok i want to know i am 18 years old and i know i have to be 21 to become a police officer but is there any work i can do at all for the police like can i be 18 and work at a reception desk or a ...

I am comparing calibers to buy a new glock compact 9mm or 45?
Who has actually been in the situation where they've shot and killed someone who attacked them, and what Gun and Ammo did you have? Also, what problems did you have? I think the nine is light ...

If someone lives in TX and they want to sue someone in CA in small claims does the CA person have to fly to TX?

Additional Details
If the offense occured in CA but the person who wants to sue lives in TX....

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, November 27, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links