Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

I have a bench warrant?
Find answers to your legal question.

I have a bench warrant?

okay so when i 1st got in trouble i got charged for shoplifting and so they gave me community service and i had to go to some little class at that time my dad was in the hospice passing away he could of gone at any time so i didn't understand how she was asking me to do it at that time so i didn't and i spent time with him ... about a week later he past away on september 13th and i had got a call from her and she said she was gonna see if she could drop it due to my situation and because i wasn't doing it and after that i never heard from her ... it's been a year and i stayed out of trouble til i went to this school and got charged for posses ion of marijuana. it wasn't my fault t all it was my friends and i had smoked with her off campus when they brought us into the office they searched us and i had nothing on me she got cauhgth with a little joint and she was crying she was in alot of trouble already and i felt so bad so i took half the blame (yeah i know stupid idea) and now i have court i had it on the 10th and i missed it because my mom was sick and i dont have any transportation at the moment so it's hard .... so they issued a bench warrant for me ........... so i called my probation officer and she said to come in and turn myself in and it will be up to the judge on what happens im very scared i've never been t jail i just kinda wanted some info on what to expect im totally not the kinda girl who gets into trouble ... this isn't me at all im going to a new school and changing i no longer smoke weed either ... any info will help thank you

tulseciffo
Rating
First I want to say I'm sorry about your dad.

Now the tough stuff. Just drop all the excuses. I'm not saying it to be cruel or not understanding. The courts don't want to hear excuses. Turn yourself in. Go to court. Tell them you understand you didn't do the right thing and that you will make it a priority to abide by what the court rules. The court wants you to take responsibility, not make excuses.

tweetylee40
first let me say I am sorry about your father passing. When you are on probation you have to walk a straight line. theey don't care about your transportation problem or your mother being sick. some officers are heart less. and some judges are to. I don't know what state you live in but I can tell you about the state of Florida and when you are on probation the rulesor t are the same. I don't want to scare you anymore than you are but am going to tell you the truth about what you are up against. first thing you violated your probation by not reporting,by not showing up for court, and for drugs. a drug charge in itself holes 3-5 years in prision. you shouldn't have taken the blameothat. and even if you had not taken the blame just being around your friend while she is smoking is a violation in itself. you can sit in jail for up to 21 days before you go to court unless you have a private attorney, and I hope you do have one, the judge can reinstate your probation. but when they pick you up there is no bond when you violate probation. if your probation officer calls you and say she or he needs to see you, the police will be there waiting for you its a set up. they will come to your house in the middle of the night or early in the morning, they will come to your job,school, church. anywere they know you might be. it will look good for you if you just turn yourself in at the jail. and since you didn't show up for court the judge out a warrant out. but whatever you do get you a private attorney if you can afford one, because sometimes public offenders don't care about your case because they aren't getting paid. I hope that I was some help and good luck please send an update on what the outcome was.

NONAME
You will most likely be thrown in jail for OVER 9,000 years!

jdare
Rating
as long as your probation officer doesn't put a hold on you then you would probably just go to the jail, get booked in and then be released on your own recognizes, thats where you sign your own bond, your mother will need to sign also, and you will get another court date. its up to your PO weather you stay in jail.

crispy
Rating
You might be ok! it realy all depends on the JUDGE!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

How to become a SWAT officer?
I want to know anything and everthing you can tell me. What does it take to be a SWAT officer? i know you have to be a patrol cop for a few years. How many? and how do you be a patrol officer? what ...

I'm confused about a statement on an job application asking about felony and misdemeanor.?
I was ready to apply for a job but I came across this statement, "CORESTAFF Services does not hire job applicants who have been convicted of a felony or a misdemeanor involving violence and/or ...

Police can't accept gifts..How can we get around this?
I work at a pizza place and it was recently robbed..again...The police did a 20 cop manhunt with dogs and helicopters and ended up finding them :) We are so grateful, my boss wants to send them pizza ...

Why cant you see the inmate face to face?
in soap operas they make you believe that when you visit the in mate you actually get to see them face to face, but today i heard that you dont that its either through the glass or through a video. ...

What do you do if you LOSE your speeding ticket?
My boyfriend has his speeding ticket due and come to find out it is not where he left it!! Obviously this is not good. What can he do to obtain another copy to pay it off before consequences take ...

How can you tell if police fabricate a statement?
how can you tell if a detective is fabricating a statement to benefit someone else. The only reason I ask is someone I know is being treated unfairly in a matter with someone who has a mental ...

What would the average person have to do to have persons in the hamilton police service arrested for murder#1?

If I was walking by a cop and he/she was sitting down and I let one rip in his face is that illegal?
The cops just sitting down or eating and I just walk by and Absolutely let one blast (kind of wet) in his face, no contact... would I face any legal charges?...

Truancy with someone already on probation?
okay so im onsupervised probation currently for motor vehicle theft, driving without a liscence and disorderly conduct. And im about to be expelled from school and i have a problem with skipping ...

Criminal Justice Question..?
How does the Government takes care of the Victims after they had been Raped.... Do they even care about the Victims?...

Will i go to juvy if i run away?
im 16 and im on probation because me and my dad got into a fight he hit me and i had to go get stiches in my mouth because my lip riped in haif. my best friend whitness the whole thing. we ran and ...

What happens if i dont show up to court to testify against my freind? plzzz helppppp read below?
my freind and i had a fight and she left after couple hours i went outside to see my car window was broken i called the cops and calld her and the cops charged her with it because she had seen the ...

Grand theft by employee has a sentence of how many years?

Emancipation Laws...?
I live in the state of Florida, my dad is unemployed and makes me move constantly and switch schools, my mom lives on welfare and does same. I have great friend who is 21 in Ohio where i like to live ...

I gotta stay away from the po po's?
is there anything that will let me know when cops are around? if so please let me know what they are and where i can get it. thank ...

What does Poss CD SCHED I II mean?
Picked up by the police. Don't understand what it ...

How can police stop a suspect that is high on PCP?
In one of my classes today, we were talking about hallucinogens. The teacher ending up talking about PCP for like 5 minutes. After listening to the fact that PCP is an anesthetic (pain killer), I ...

How do I copyright my writing?
Is there somewhere I can do it for free? Do sites like poetry.com and blog sites protect your writing?...

What % of murderers in the US get away with it?
I've realized that they never do say what percentage of people get away with murder, and I'm thinking it might be because a large number do, and so news sources can't talk about it (...

Running a red light and possibly getting a ticket?
When I left my house for work, my gas light came on. I didn't have time to get gas before work as I was already running late (It takes me about 20 min. to get there), so I figured I would just ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Thursday, October 23, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links