Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

I was wondering if being nude on your own property and people can see. Can you be arrested is it illegal. brb?
Find answers to your legal question.

I was wondering if being nude on your own property and people can see. Can you be arrested is it illegal. brb?

If I were to go naked on my front porch or in my yard can I be arrested for being naked on my own property. Even if police, adults or children whom ever where to see me. Is it illegal. Thank

Eagleflyer
Rating
If people can see it's public nudity. Stupid law but what are ya gonna do?

fredthedog52
Rating
Yes, doesn't matter where you are.

patti duke
Rating
These ones are referred to as nasty neighbors, your property or not you are not, by law, allowed to go "bearing the facts". If someone complains you can be ticketed for indecent exposure. It could be even nastier if children were present and exposed to your nudity.

rock55
Rating
I actually heard of a guy who liked to hang out naked in his backyard, and his neighbors would get mad. Finally a judge ruled that if he is in his back yard he can be naked and if the neighbors don't like it they shouldn't look over his fence, but if he had been naked in his front yard it would have been another story.

quest.
Rating
yes if your in public

brianbelotti
Rating
it depends on your local ordinances it's not illegal everywhere. it also depends on if someone complains to the police and the police catch you, indecent exposure is a misdemeanor in most places but lewd behavior is more serious. don't play with yourself, just be naked, you will probably be told to put clothes on rather than be arrested. check on line for your local laws regarding this before you do anything

Who took my leg?
Rating
Just because you are on your own property doesn't mean you aren't in public. If you can be seen by any passer byers you can get arrested for public indecency or public nudity whatever they call it where you are. You could stand inside your house in front of a window naked though. But why would you want little kids to see you naked? That sounds kinda sick to me.

curiously strong
Rating
yes in most states there are obscenity/nudity laws. if you really feel the need to get naked and wander around outside put up at least a 12 ft. fence all around your property and then you can do whatever you like otherwise join a nudist colony.

Eaglesguy
Rating
It's called indecent exposure. If you want to walk around naked, you need a really high fence, and maybe a roof over all of your property.

maamu
Yes it is illegal, there are several laws that would encompass that.

fr_chuck
It is illegal in most places.

samsam1s
In my ignorance, I wanted to say no, it's not illegal but after reading the previous responses, I see that it is and I kind of understand why.
I learned something - great!

lttlehrse55
In light of the fact that MOST people look better with their clothes ON, some should be arrested whenever they are nude.

kydd
yes its illegal s your purposely goin out in the nude in front of people, now if you did it in your back yard and had a privacy fence, then no, cuz that means people are tryin to look in your yard and shouldnt

littlechrismary
Yep, it's illegal. It's called Indecent Exposure.

Darqblade
Rating
Yes, due to the public decency laws, what you are doing is illegal. Were it not visable by the public, you would be ok, but by showing yourself to the public, you are breaking the law.

Banks
Rating
you can and probably will be arrested

xphxpd
Yep its illegal.And you might go to jail naked too.

Raven Faust
Rating
Yes,it is called INDECENT Exposure ,happend to me before.

Dan
I walk around naked all the time on my property and I never had a problem. just do it

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Describe your reaction to the following statement?
You were brutally assualted and vanjacked. While the Dr. is stiching up your head a Detective comes in to take a report. His first words to you are "You better tell us the truth about what ...

Why do local law enforcement care more about catching speeders than murderers?
It has come to my attention a lot of studies out there that prove people who drive fast are safer drivers than those who drive the exact speed limit and slam on their brakes if they see a leaf pass ...

Are the police allowed to use violence because you don't stop on your push bike when they flash their lights?
A police vehicle pulled over next to me and flashed its lights, I continued cycling because I had MJ in my pocket!

Next thing I was ripped off the bike, face slammed into a car, thrown on ...

I'm being harrassed by an anonymous attacker?
I have received telephone calls and a letter at my place of work by an anonymous caller who makes some very serious allegations and demands that my employer sacks me because of these allegations. T...

What happens if you don't pay your parking tickets??
This is a huge fight between me and my finace. He acts likes it's no big deal and I just got $900 worth of parking tickets in the mail and that's not all of them. He just keeps ignoring ...

The US shooter: I'm not saying he was a Christian terrorist. But what about if he was a Muslim?
On his damning vedio he said Jesus Chris died to defend the powerless and he wanted to died the same way.
What you think if he was from the Middle East and talking about the prophet Mohammed ...

Why does almost every criminal become a saint after going to jail?

Do you hate cops ?
just curious.

if so, why?

i hope there are some decent arguments as to why you hate cops. i saw a post in another thread that stated the individual was riding an ATV without a ...

Keep posting in case someone genuine can help!?
My friend is up in court next week, i am scared for her? she commited a common assault on a stranger?
the details are that she did wrong, she has previous for supply possession of class b drugs ...

When the police talk on their walky talkie, they always end it by saying 'roger'. who is this roger guy??

Do retards go to jail?
If your retarded do you get sent to prison or not?
Additional Details
I'm just wondering if your retarded and that you committed a crime do you still get sent to jail or will they ...

Why do people commit crimes even though they know they will get caught?

I saw a woman abuse her son, should I tell the police?
I snuck into an empty house to steal some stuff (Don't judge me) and while I was there the owners were coming back in and I hid in the closet, while looking out from the closet the mother who ...

Just got my 3rd DUI in Illinois?
how can i avoid jail time?

i'm not a criminal

can i plea bargin??

thoughts?...

Do you think the police ACTUALLY do their job properly here in UK?
we should be more like US cops, people may 'buck their ideas up'
police i hate them, after my son ws almost 'abducted', 5 yrs on I'm still waiting for CID to arrive......

What is the worst thing to say to a cop when you get pulled over?
Mine is, "What seems to be the occifer problem?"
Additional Details
Shane P- I have less than one year until I am 21. Once I am, I am becoming a cop. It is all in fun....

What justifies the police shooting almost 30 rounds at an un-armed mentally ill person(Killing him)......?
This happened to someone a lil over a year ago around where I live.... The cops were trying to serve a involuntary commitment order on him and he ran. Which resulted in a very short car chase that ...

How did cops stop speeders before radar guns were invented?

You see the POLICE OUT THERE working all the time...?
What is your honest opinion about the job that they are doing, is it negative or positive........

Extream DUI ?? HELP ASAP?
My husband got an extream DUI while on his motorcycle, and had his license taken and bike impounded. We are truck drivers for a living, he needs to work. We do not know what to do, and if anything. ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, April 25, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links