Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

If 2 persons (male) had the same DNA or fingerprints or both,commit a crime, who gets arrested?
Find answers to your legal question.

If 2 persons (male) had the same DNA or fingerprints or both,commit a crime, who gets arrested?

Two persons, both know each other, one knows both have either the same fingerprints, or DNA, or even both, winds up committing a crime and leaves his fingerprints behind. Let's say for the sake of arguement the other innocent guy's fingerprints are on file with the authorities, but not the other guy's & he commits a serious crime & doesn't get caught. Who goes to jail & pays for the crime?
Additional Details
In this day and age, anything is possible! What if it were true that two males had the same fingerprints? What if it were possible? Would you still give the same old answer(s) because you've been conditioned to give it?

green eyes
Rating
it's impossible to have the same fingerprints or dna.

Jesse's Girl
Rating
Like everyone else has pointed out, no two people have the same DNA.

But living in your hypothetical, impossible world, the innocent guy who's in the system is probably going to be the one to take the rap.

Lucy E
Rating
Even identical twins do not have the same fingerprints. Impossible.

kttemplin
It's not possible to have the same DNA unless you have been cloned. The same idea goes along with fingerprints. Your question is not applicable.

It'sMe23
Are u living in a fantasy world?? NOBODY has exactly the same DNA or fingerprints! That question can not be anwsered because that is not reality!

theWord
the same DNA...now that's funny!

newbiegranny
Rating
DNA will only be the same in truly identical twins, which is not common. Fingerprints are not the same in any case, so they may arrest both, just until the lab results are in.

Even identical twins have unique fingerprints.

Sue

Michael R
Rating
There has been years and years of scientific evidence that proves two people would never have the same finger print and the same goes for DNA. All it would take is for two people to come forward with the same finger prints and the same DNA and then there would be mass chaos. Every person who was arrested and jailed by those identifiers would then have to be released from jail and rapists, murderers, and God know what else will be walking the streets once again.
So to answer your question they would have to find out another way to find people and convict them of a crime.

Good question, but it would cause mass chaos and I hope it never happens for everyone's sake!

cherryrosebud13
Rating
no one has the same exact dna or especially, fingerprints.. that would never happen.. everyone is different, none the same

?
Rating
no two peoples have the same dna or same finger prints so this could never happen

big bad momma
Rating
the only way that can happen is if their twins but their finger prints would be different

spider
Rating
a couple of years ago a set of identical twins were arrested because one of them committed murder. Both had the same DNA and fingerprints. Because they could not get to the truth they had to both be placed on prison until they could get the truth.
I dont know what ever happened to the case though

John
Yes they both get arrested because they are conjoined twins !

blondie
I'm pretty sure in that condition they would have to have someone plead guilty and if they knew each other wouldn't they tell the detectives about the other person?

candleinthewind7579
DNA is individual...no 2 ppl have identical DNA

PS Drummer
Hypothetical question since no-one has the same dna or fingerprint....obviously the one with the record gets busted.

John Hightower
Rating
Saw something interesting about DNA a while back on cable (Discovery? Titled: I Am My Twin).

Seems a very small percentage of people (crimoras - spelling is wrong) may have 2 or more sets of DNA. Whether or not they match the DNA the police have - would depend on what type of DNA sample you take from them.

Different organs in their body has different DNA signatures. The condition occurs when the mother has two pregnant eggs merge and gives birth to one child which has both sets of DNA.

Rating
This question is moot, since no two people can have the same DNA and fingerprints.

I'm Gonna Tell You
Sounds like something from the movie "The Island".

Ask Judge Judy, she can spot a liar across a crowed court room!

Jim B
Rating
the person that didn't have an alibi.

joe d
No 2 people could have genetically the same DNA or fingerprints... even within a family, certain strands of DNA are different enough to tell individuals apart.

wicked_wahine
Rating
no two people have the same fingerprints. even identical twins do not have the same fingerprints.

and. no its not possible EVER. fingerprints are unique and are developed naturally, and is affected by what you touch, do and put your hands through on a daily basis.

Smurfetta
Rating
You lost it with the fingerprints.
Wnd what would be the odds? How many zeroes can you add behind the number1?

Maillot Jaune
That is not possible. Stop watching sci-fi, honey.

mandymay
That is impossible. No 2 people have the same DNA or fingerprints.

Clown Knows
A mans DNA is different from a woman's DNA because the man has a Y chromosome and the woman does not. Also, as of yet no two people have been found with the exact same fingerprints or DNA. Your scenario is not logical because it is so improbable.

Truth Hurts
Your question is right to some extent...identical twins have the same DNA I believe....so if one twin said they didn't commit the crime, then their lawyer would have to just say, it wasn't him and you can't prove it was him...let's just eliminate the fact that prints were left behind. The lawyer could say you can't prove which twin it was...Depending on the case, they could get a lie detector involved, but even that's not 100%.

Luken
Rating
DNA and fingerprints are different for everyone, so that wouldn't happen.

But to answer - the person who appears to be guilty, or whom the authorities will have an easier time convicting.

goodtimesgladly
Rating
what planet are you on?

frogmaster
Click on
http://www.kfvs12.com
and read "Who's your daddy?"

It's about identical twins in a pickle.

DUDE
Rating
The one guy with the bloody knife in his hand, LOL.
=D

Ramin27
look it up its possible to have the same DNA in identical twins, however finger prints are different, so If an identical twin's DNA were found in a murder case with no finger prints, the authorities wouldnt be able to tell which twin that DNA came from because Identical twins are alike when it comes to physical attributes and DNA everything excluding fingerprints

lewis1952
If a person receives a bone marrow transplant their DNA will mutate to that of the donor

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Why do people come on here and bad mouth the police?
Its a simple question to which i know i am i am going to get daft answers from simple people!!
To those of you who fit the above criteria why not put pen to paper and complain to the people who ...

If some one gets life in prison, should we just kill them?
It cost over $300,000 per person a year to live in jail, and he's staying for life, why shouldn't we just kill them, bullet is 5 cents....

Stalker help!?
Iíve had a guy stalking me for 6 yrs now...and I canít get a restraining order against him b/c heís never done anything thatís made me call the police on him. Heís annoying as he** though he wonít ...

I can't believe the cops did nothing...what do you think?
So...I was talking to this woman on the phone who is coming to pick up a gazelle from me today. She was telling me how her 15 year old son was hit and run over by a car and now needs all sorts of ...

Why don't the police spend more time trying to solve serious crimes?
I see a lot of unsolved murder cases on cold case files that have never been solved.But if the victim was a cop or a cops family member the case would never be put in the cold case files and every ...

If a police officer says you're breaking the law, is he obliged to show you that law?
it's utterly crazy how many laws are running around out there. i've always wondered how anyone can keep track of them. and that brings me to my above question.

if you get stopped ...

Do you often not wear a seatbelt, like when it's dark and the police can't see into ur car?

What the hell is wrong with people?? 3 school shootings, in one week, outrageous, what do you think?
I thought that after Columbine shootings, that most schools boosted their security, I guess not, But I garuntee now almost all will, this is horrible!!
Additional Details
These school ...

What do you do if you see a cop that is struggling with a suspect?
Should you help the cop out or stay back and wait for them to yell that they need your help?
Additional Details
A lot of good answers so far. Seems everyone agrees to jump in. I wasn�...

If a man shoots his cheating wife "in the heat of passion" does he get a lesser murder charge?
Lets say some dudes wife is sleeping with another guy, the husband walks in on it & shoots the wife, Does he get a lesser murder charge because it was commited in the heat of passion?
how ...

Do we need vigilantes NOW? To do the work that the police no longer do?
Parents, Police, Teachers, The Judiciary, The Government.
Thanks to political correctness, none of the above are doing their jobs properly!
Do we bring in private police and rough justice?...

Is my speeding ticket legal,"if, my names spelt wrong, my address is wrong ,, and my post codes wrong!?

I was attakcked last night, what should I do?
I was attacked by a giant mouse as I walked through the park, do you think I should notify the ...

Should Prison Really Be Like It Is?
As an ex con, I can speak from experience. Prison is far to soft and so therefore not a deterent. Cells have Curtains, Carpets, TV with Sky, Playstation, Kettle. Access to Microwave & Grill ...

What sort of things would people be buying if they wanted to make a bomb?
The reason I ask is-I have just started work in a DIY store and I understand that some of our products can be used for the wrong reasons.I need to know what is suspicious and what isn't,so I can ...

WHY cant I carry a GUN wherever i wanna??? why do i NEED a permit or watever???
i think everybody should be allowed to have ...

Should i carry a knife? ?
I don`t live in an inner city area, more like the suburbs. Last week there was a mysterious fellow lurking in my neighbours garden, he was hiding from police and was holding not one but two knives. T...

Do you sympothise for Wesley Snipes going to jail?
Wesley snipes was sentenced to 3 years in prison for not paying taxes from 1999-2001.

I don't want to pay taxes either, but I don't think it is right that one person refuses ...

Is a police officers word worth more then yours in court?
If it came down to a police officers word saying you did something and you saying you didnt who would a court believe?
Does it make a difference if you are a Doctor, a lawyer or teacher or ...

What color vehicle gets stopped by the police the most?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links