Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

If I got a poss of marijuana charge, but it wasn't mine, but i actually gave it to the cops...?
Find answers to your legal question.

If I got a poss of marijuana charge, but it wasn't mine, but i actually gave it to the cops...?

and they wrote me the ticket, is it too late for me to tell them that it was someone elses?

They came to my house, harassed me awhile, I wouldn't let them in, but they threatened to get a warrant, so I went inside, grabbed the bag off the table, and gave it to the cops.

I assumed I would be in trouble anyway since it was my place, but I guess that's not the case.

My question, is it possible to let them know it wasn't mine if the person who I took the fall for is willing to tell the whole story and admit it was his? How would I go about that, in court?

robert b
Rating
You and owner of pot go see District Attorney (City,County,State D.A.?) and talk .Your charges may be dropped,or reduced.Dont be suprised if your charges stand,and friend is ALSO charged.

smoresapple
it depends on the cop and the courts system. if they are willing to let the person who's marijuanaa it was admit that it was theirs they can just throw your case out. but since the marijuana was in your house they can charge you with a maintain and dwelling which is a felony saying that you had the stuff in your residence. which you did. even though it wasn't yours in was in your house. but you said they only gave you a ticket. so yes tell them it was not yours and the person who's it was is willing to testify to the fact that it was his.

dawkinsb26
Rating
ive been in this situation.. although u didnt tell us how much of weed u had, im assuming it was over 3.5 grams. I got arrested for carrying about 4 grams on me and the guy i was holding it for came up and confessed it was his, i was just holding it so he can go into a court room to get a license plate renewal sticker. They charged us both.. they charged him with ownership of illegal narcotics. I swear it wouldof been better if he never said anything.

Myth_Understood
If it was in your car, your house, your pocket, your purse, your hand, your shoe ... IT'S YOURS.

YOU are "in possession" of it, whether it's "yours" or not.

Next time they show up without a warrant, DON'T LET THEM IN !

Best of luck!!

opi
Rating
Noooo you'll get in trouble for having pot anywhere anytime, except maybe Amsterdam. Have you gotten a lawyer or anything for court? If you could get a statement signed by the other person and bring that person into court you might get a lighter sentence, but the fact that you had it is still going to get you a punishment. No matter who it belongs to, you knew it was an illegal substance yet still had it in your possession.

Budstro
About 2 weeks ago i stopped down a friends house. We was smoking some weed. So when we was finished he noticed 2 policeman coming in his yard. So he goes outside and about a couple seconds later he calls me outside. He tells the police what we were doing. Then they searched me and didn't find anything! They then asks us is anything else in the house? They didn't even have a search warrant!! So my friend told them that he had some more weed in the house. He tells them that it is HIS weed! So they go in the house for about 15 minutes. So when the poice and my friend come outside the poilceman gave me a piece of paper and said for me to call him! So last night i got arrested because i had a warrant for my arrest. And come to find out it was for the situation that i just told you about! They didn't even take me to jail 2 weeks ago why wait til' now? So can i be charged with something that wasn't mine to begin with and they already have a confession from the owner?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

Can I import a crossbow into Canada?
I am purchasing a crossbow from the U.S.A.
I have really looked into as as I've wanted a crossbow for a long time now.
It is legal to own a crossbow as long as it is fired using 2 ...

Breaking and entering vehicles.?
heres my story i was with a couple of boys walking one late night on december 31st and they started breaking into unlocked cars and stealing property a lil while later the cops came and stopped us ...

Is it possible to identify the tampered thumb impression made on paper?
if yes then where is the facility available if the matter of tampered thumb impression is questioned in the court of law who is the competant authority to give the certificate of correctness....

What is forgery and why is it illegal?

Does my school get a copy of my criminal record?
I got a minor in consumption, and I was wondering, does my school get notified about that. would people know or do they just get the paperwork?

Do they get notified when i got arrested, or ...

Police searched my house!?
today police searched my house for a man i have never heard of! They searched everywhere even under the matress! My bf even had to show id. Why would this happen and why do they think this man is ...

How long would you go to jail for driving with out license?
how long would you go to jail for driving with out license
Additional Details
he also got a ticket for reckless driving woud thatt make him go to ...

Where's the police assault video?
Where online can the footage be seen of the thug chav cop beating and shoving an innocent man which led to his sudden death. It isnt hosted on yahoo does anyone know where it can be viewed or is it ...

What's your favorite piece of law enforcement equipment?
As a police officer, what piece of equipment is your favorite?
Additional Details
Wow El Scott, that's a lot of stuff!...

Another Brit cop murder in fear crazed UK?
Not long after the corrupt establishment protected cold blooded slaying of completely innocent Mr. De Mezenes we see yet again the present day common brit cop image of a brainless power crazed ...

Question for cops on gun ownership?
There's a lot of talk about people owning guns these days. For the cops on here, could you tell me what your opinion of legal gun ownership is and whether you work in an urban, suburban or rural ...

Running from security?
Iím 15, me and my friend where having a bit of fun getting chased off security guards, we both walk out of the shop with a tagged item, and if a security guard chases after us (surprisingly most of ...

Does the police dept pay for your police academy training?
to be a police officer....

During a bank robbery, how are the dollar bills "marked" in order to be tracked after the robbery?

Additional Details
I mean BEFORE dye packs. Like in an investigation how they catch the people because they were spending the "marked" bills....

Warrant for failure to pay tickets?
My hubby got 2 tickets in one stop - Driving while license is susp AND Driving without a license. He was taking his handicapped brother home, and didn't know his tail light was out. They stopped ...

Are the police and courts allowed to do this?
Do what? Continue sending mail to my mother's house in the UK when I've been telling them I'm in Norway for 6 months?

My residence status is unclear. The Norwegians say I...

Is it possible to make a police report anonymously?
I am in the US....

Friend's crazy ex boyfriend? what to do?
I took my friend to get her clothes from an ex-bf's apartment. He refused and started pushing around and hurting my friend and i called the cops. He then while i was on the phone hit me, pulled ...

Could you be a Police man?
Granted there are a few who might be dirty cops, but the majority are not. Everyday they leave their spouses, children never knowing if they are coming back home at the end of their shift. They ...

Pay speeding ticket? Or fight it?
I got a ticket for speeding in New Jersey. My license is in Indiana.
It was a steep ticket - $200 for 70MPH in a 50MPH.

My record is otherwise CLEAN.
If I plead guilty and pay ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Monday, September 22, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links