Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

If a cop doesn't have a badge?
Find answers to your legal question.

If a cop doesn't have a badge?

If a cop can't produce a badge when asked do you have to obey them? Cause i know that there has been a lot of impersonators of cops on the news who kidnap people and stuff. And i thought that might be a defense if you ran from an actual cop.
Additional Details
in regards to 'trooper3316', VERY realistic cop uniforms are available from most fancy dress/R18+ shops so i wouldn't trust a uniform.

trooper3316
Rating
If the officer is in uniform, there is no requirement for him to identify himself further. If he is in plain clothes, he should show you and ID without being asked.

Your best course of action is to call the department to confirm his identity. A plain clothes officer should understand this.

Don S
Rating
I would not obey and call a cop myself.

LadyCatherine
Rating
most cops wear there badges on their uniform.. a detective is the ones that carry they badges in their wallets..

and truthfully, would you know a real badge from a fake one.?

lrmaylott
Rating
you can contact your PD and tell them that the officer at your residence/vehicle does not have a badge. Give a good discription of the person and they will be able to tell you if they have a Police Officer in your area.

If they do not...you need to try and leave the scene, and head to your local pd... or lock your doors and stay on the phone until a uniformed officer gets there. Inform the person that you are on the phone with the police and that they are on their way.

♥mrs.officer♥
most policemen and women have their bade on their uniform, unless they are in civillian clothes, which then if they stop you, they should tell you what agency they work for and also show you their badge!

tacos
Rating
"can't produce" sounds like his/her identity has already been challenged and he/she has failed to come up with a badge....not a cop is a safe assumption. get away and call cops...tell them to be sure and bring badges or there will be trouble. lol

Becigold(L)
i would bolt.

Blowfly
No badge - no cop

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What was the name of the Supreme Court case that ruled against using the death penalty on the mentally ill?
I know the case took place in June of 2002, but I can't find the name of the case in any of the handouts my teacher gave me (and he gives us a TON of handouts, lol.). This is for a paper that...

What do you feel should happen to Richard Poplawski, the man who killed 3 Pittsburgh Police Officers?
Should he get life with no parole or the death sentence?
Additional Details
Truthfully, there is no right answer to this. I just wanted to hear what people thoughts were concerning this....

Can a county peace officer make an arrest outside of the property where he Works even outside the county he?
was sworn in ...

If i am witness in criminal case, can i live the country?

Additional Details
Case is domestic violence .I want to take children with me.Is that will be a problem? I am not citizen, children are....

Do you think it's fair that cop's use unmake car's?
any more cop's are using unmake car's no light on top plus a regular plate no marking as if it a cop car do you feel that this is ...

POLICE OFFICERS: When dispatch tells you to drive somewhere, how do you know where it is?
Do you have a navigation system or what?...

Gun Charges in PA, how long will jail time be?
My boyfriend had gotten arrested at the time with an unregistered firearm and is now being held on PV until the trial for his new charges. He didn't aim the gun at anyone, just fired shots into ...

Postpartum murder charges?
Doing a research presentation in my Forensic Psychology class on postpartum depression and how it relates to Criminal Justice. In this group presentation, my job is to explain what kind of charges ...

If you have self harm in the past can you join the police?
2.5years ago i self harm... (dumb thing to do) but still.. i did and i have got over all my probs and im all fine

will this stop me in anyway of joining the police (UK)
also if ...

If im on parole can i get violeted for marijuana if i got a percscribtion?

How long does it take to receive a ticket through the mail in Florida?
last saturday night close to 12:00am i was going on the turnpike and i notice i didnt have change to though in the exact change line and no 1 was working so i can give them the money, and the other ...

Which prison is the worst prison in the UK?

Why are concealed weapons banned from public colleges?
It's just like any other public location, where children are not allowed. Why are trained, responsible adults stripped of their right to defend themselves in these locations?...

Background Check Question?
I am in the background check process of a job with a law enforcement agency. I put references as well as past employers names and numbers on my application. I received a call today from someone doing ...

Border patrol pay grades?
I am going to join the air force with plans to join the border patrol after I know joining the border patrol from the militsary raises u a pay grade

now I'm wondering whether I should ...

Which cop on here gives the best and easiest to understand answers to law enforcement questions?
Id say leslie s does....

Isn't the Federal Govt telling people that can't use drugs unconstitutional?
it seems to be a tyrannical approach to a medical problem.
Additional Details
jh you have clearly misinterpreted the constitution. The constitution was made for people to have civil ...

What can I expect at the Police Academy?
I will be going to the police academy for training as a local county police officer. I was wondering what I should expect, what kind of training, and how intense.

I know that I will be ...

What can you find proof if you think your landlord is spying on you while you are actually in the house?
i can hear them talking about what im doing in my apt- i know they can't see me from the outside-...

A question about drug bust?
What were these cops trying to accomplish?

I walked out of Subway. And a PT Cruiser pulls into the parking lot. Then this guy pulls up to me and starts talking to me. Talking about how he ...

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links