Home     Links     Contact Us     Bookmark  

Homepage      News      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Home : Legal Forum : Law Enforcement & Police

If a man is getting a disability social security check and goes to prison for murder will he still get a check
Find answers to your legal question.

If a man is getting a disability social security check and goes to prison for murder will he still get a check

PAUL N
Rating
No. Disability is meant to replace the wages that you would make if you were not disabled. You would not get wages from you old job while in prison, therefore you would not get disability in prison either. Don't take the "you" personally... easier to think and type in second person than third person.

lita
GOD I HOPE NOT! ONLY DUMBF*&^ COMMIT MURDER AND THEY DESERVE THE SAME TREATMENT !!! EYE FOR AN EYE

?
Rating
NO!

de bossy one
social security is not paid to anyone who is incarcerated, but may be paid once the person is released.

matriarch_seven
You don't go to jail for free. If he was getting a social security check, most likely it'll go to the state for "room and board charges" until it runs out.

sugarbdp1
Rating
Nope that ends when he goes 2 prison once he gets out he might get it back

Pia
Rating
Doubt it

i'm susan
Rating
i don't know about prison but i've seen an inmate sentenced to a year county jail and for the year he was there, his SSI (disability) check was direct deposited to his bank every month.
i have even seen state jail inmates receive SSI......those are minor felonies.

now you know where your tax dollars really go

Cynthia D
Rating
YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!! HE would probably LOVE that but definitely NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harvie Ruth
Rating
www.ssa.gov

FörtyTwö
Rating
NO. 30 days in any Jail and any benefits that you are owed or that you earned is denied.

helo pilot cfi
Rating
no benefits will be paid while incarcerated

baalberith11704
You are required to notify SSI if you are incarcerated for 30 days or more and payments will be stopped until released.

lana_sands
Rating
No
My grandfather did 5 years. No checks.

christina.scott@sbcglobal.net
Rating
No, the only benefits they are entitled to are education and rehabilitations from federal government. Example Pell Grant.

Cynthia B
i believe the rules say SS benefits are not generally paid to person for time confined to an institution by court order,at public expense. however,family members who qualify can continue to receive benefits based on that persons work.

Mary
Rating
no

3D Farms
Rating
He should not , but if he has kids , they should .

sugarplum61
I will be released April 3rd,2011. When will I get my Social Security Disability check back?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Legal Discussion Forum

What makes a serial killer?

Is it illegal to burn money in the UK?

Juvenile arrest record at age 17 affecting employment at a bank?
Would a juvenile shoplifting arrest which DID NOT result in court (no charges) affect employment opportunities at a bank/financial institutions? Arrested at age 17 for shoplifting in Los Angeles- ...

Are you happy with your local police force's efforts in the fight against crime?
Most of the crime in my area must occur in the local chip shop. The cops are never out of it but it took them two days to call with me after I reported a break in.
Additional Details
F...

Couple get 9 years in prison for killing baby?
I know this is the second question I've asked about child abuse but anyway.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com
They only got 9 years ...

Do you think police are power hungry?
I mean im really mad they was after my dad thinking he was someone else and totaly disrespected him thinking they was ...

Sentence for... assualt, assault, assualt pc??
got into a fight up town, i ended up hitting to of them,
police said one had split lip one had broken nose,
then the police came and the police man was being ruff so i punched him! he has a ...

Can i get a ticket if a cop going the wrong way turned on his lights but didn't get me?
I was turning a corner at a four way stop, and a cop coming at me turned on his lights, and turned the corner. I kept driving and i didn't see him again. can i get a ticket if i didn't come ...

Crimes??????
Does anyone know the number of crimes comitted in a year? Thanks for your help!
Additional Details
In the U.S....

Why do some females become cops?
i've seen many clips from tv and they always have a hard time with the suspects, they always end up running away and they have to chase them, they dont have the physical strength, and they are ...

What happens if someone fails to pay a traffic violation-ticket?
I know someone who has failed to pay a ticket from the police (minor traffic violation). It's been several months to a year. What do they need to do if they don't know where their ticket is ...

Which nation's police have the best cars?
i went to itlay and they had alfa romeos!

although saying that, the UK police don't seem to do bad - a lot of BMW 5 series, X5s and Range Rovers down my way (avon and somerset), ...

Could the police have searched our car because it smelled of marijuana?
Last night my boyfriend and I went out and we were just driving around when we noticed a police car seeming to follow us. But after a while it turned onto a street. 10 minutes later I dropped my ...

Are rolling papers considered drug paraphernalia?
what else is considered drug ...

When someone dies in a car accident, if they have no family what do the cops do with the $ in their wallet?

A friend of mine lives in florida but has a warrant in ohio would they come to florida 2 get him?
would they come to florida to arrest him or if he got pulled over for a traffic stop and they ran his name and a warrant came up in ohio for felony 5...recieving stolen property would florida hold ...

If I report a person for reckless driving and give the plate # how long would it take for them to be arrested?

Dirty cops in a small town?
What can I do about it? When asking the higher ups, I'm just told to go somewhere else, it ends up in a never ending door to door quest. Obviously the cops are sticking together, and a small ...

Is it illegal to curse at a cop?

What is the typical future of someone who is a drug dealer?

Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Wiki Law 3k Friday, October 24, 2014 - Trusted legal information for you.
Archive: Forum  |  Forum  |  Forum  |  Links